• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Type most likely to smoke pot?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I probably shouldn't smoke, and probably never will again. Especially since 2 people on seperate occasions in the last week said they can't imagine me high

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Not me... looks like marijuana use is associated with Big Five Openness (roughly mostly MBTI "N" and a little "P").

One study show that college-age extraverts tend to engage in more "pro health" activities (with INTP and INFP being the least sporty/pro-health types), but also more drinking, smoking, etc. All shocking, I know. It would be interesting to see if those correlations held true as people aged, because I suspect there would be changes in patterns over time.

Another study found:

I didn't take the time to look at the studies and methods in detail, so there could easily be flaws in the studies. I wouldn't be surprised if ISFPs were a little over-represented, since I recall they are one of less direct types in dealing with conflicts, and more likely to use distraction/numbing to avoid dealing with problems (which sounds a e9 to me)... which isn't to say we INFPs don't have our issues, too. Also, I believe the above study drew mostly from patients in treatment, which might also be correlated with willingness to seek treatment and/or inability to hide the substance use.

Addendum: I don't like it much, personally. Makes me feel like my mind is slow, which makes me feel e5 defenseless.

Yeah, extroverts certainly tend to use drugs and alcohol during college.

And I would say FP, IP, and SP would all tend to smoke pot (NPs tho, too; and even many NJs).

I don't think SFs would be much overrepresented, tho, except for the fact that SFPs are probably so highly overrepresented that they outweigh the SFJs, who are probably underrepresented.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which type is most likely to engage in irrational random violence? I think we would have our answer there, since there is obviously a correlation.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ENFP.

Any excuse to prove fate doesn't exist, is a good enough reason for them.

"What's that, you think I'm going to succeed in life? Watch me prove you wrong!"

*becomes an alcoholic pothead whose teeth fall out when she's 25... true story*

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
Which type is the LEAST likely to smoke weed?

that's probably an easier question to answer, ESTJ or something.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Clearly ISTP is the least likely type to smoke pot!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Which type is the LEAST likely to smoke weed?

that's probably an easier question to answer, ESTJ or something.

I think it depends on the legality and socially acceptable it is.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't know about mbti type but I find it hard to find an E 9w8(sw1w9) that doesn't smoke pot.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I think the most likely type to smoke pot on a very regular basis are people with anxiety issues. Generalization, but there it is.

I neither demonize nor glorify the herb - I have found it to be generally pleasant and stimulating. I think that being in an altered state can provide respite that gives you real insight into your emotions that you might not have noticed otherwise. I don't buy into it being a 'higher' state, but it is a different one and I really do feel I'm a better person from the experiences. I don't smoke large amounts - and I don't get sleepy or lazy from it.

I wouldn't really want to smoke more than a few times in a month, but in practice I haven't smoked in a year or more.

A

A_priori

Well I'm all about the Canabis and I know quite a few SP/NFs that like to indulge as well. I don't see a particular coloration with INfJs smoking pot but then again I consider myself a real INFJ so there is much to wonder here. Most of my SP friends smoke and are all rather laid back, well established people. For me there is no question, Canabis is in general has way less adverse effects on people than alcohol does. This being said anything is bad taken out of moderation. Still i can't help but chuckle when i think about all the biases that Canabis carries, and yet alcohol continues to be sold under the federal government.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
For me there is no question, Canabis is in general has way less adverse effects on people than alcohol does. This being said anything is bad taken out of moderation. Still i can't help but chuckle when i think about all the biases that Canabis carries, and yet alcohol continues to be sold under the federal government.
I don't use either but I agree that it's kinda nuts to stigmatize (and penalize) the use of one and not the other.

A

A_priori

I know right, maybe they should start making fast food places like McDonalds illegal cause that stuff.. is bad for you!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For me there is no question, Canabis is in general has way less adverse effects on people than alcohol does. This being said anything is bad taken out of moderation. Still i can't help but chuckle when i think about all the biases that Canabis carries, and yet alcohol continues to be sold under the federal government.

Yeah, not to mention that smoking cigars/cigarettes can really damage you as well and yet you can buy them once you turn 18. And it's still legal for you to smoke them even if you're under 18!

And to the OP, :notype: Previous posts have said it could be an FP/NP thing, when I haven't smoked it once in my life. Believe me, I've had plenty of offers. I just can't take them for personal reasons. Although people always take that the wrong way, think that I'm against people smoking it in general, and then try to debate me on it. And then they don't understand me when I say I'm okay with other people doing it, it's just not something I want to do myself. :doh:

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that has more to do with political views than personality type I suppose, but if I had to take a guess I'd go for ISFP.