• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] New labels for ISTp's other than "mechanic".

W

WALMART

Any type can be a "professional" that's not really indicative of ISTP.

Yes "professional" in a traditional sense, just as any type can be any of these labels being ascribed. However, ISTP's have a cold, professional demeanor to life that is nearly unrivaled. Here are some excerpts from an article on the Delta/Thinking quadra:

"Its perception of the world is harsh and realistic."

"This is the most cost-conscious quadra which is able to efficiently consume and prefers high quality and sturdy products."

"Social mission of "delta" quadra therefore is to ensure the stable development and judicious use of accumulated resources while preparing the ground for the weak seeds of new."

And so forth.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Resourceful tactician

Muphlon

MBTI Type
ISFx
"This is the most cost-conscious quadra which is able to efficiently consume and prefers high quality and sturdy products."

"Social mission of "delta" quadra therefore is to ensure the stable development and judicious use of accumulated resources while preparing the ground for the weak seeds of new."[/I]

And so forth.
Hold it right there. I thought itt you are discussing Maxim Gorky, the LSI, the guy that has Ti in his main function.

You could call him The Simplifier or Inspector.

W

WALMART

Hold it right there. I thought itt you are discussing Maxim Gorky, the LSI, the guy that has Ti in his main function.

You could call him The Simplifier or Inspector.

For an ISTj? I'd take that, "The Inspector".

A

A_priori

They'd make great emergency room surgeons. Glorified mechanics, not scared of blood or people freaking out, can evaluate/diagnose/resolve the issue while everyone else panics.
I'm sure there's a fun buzzword around all.. that.

Haha there's actually a bit of truth here.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Surgeon, scientist, tactician, realist, problem-solver. Something about taking in chaos and simplifying it to its basic essentials. Kind of the opposite of an artist, actually.

sculpting

I call my istp mother in law snailcrusher :)

technical artist is a very good term. There is a beauty in what istps do that surpasses simple "mechanic". It appears to me as machinery in motion, with an eye for precision, detail and elegance, with meaning embedded in the final product, but an insistence on reality that allows for much more flexibility and adaptability in the final product than intps.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I always picture the ISTP as the lone silhouette walking away from the huge explosion, back turned... just kind of sauntering off knowing everything is fine now that they've attended to it and letting everyone deal with figuring out the rest... :laugh:

My ISTP little brother is a scientist through and through. Has been ever since he was 3 and made observations of tadpoles in the muck.

I do like "realist". At least it's better than craftsman or mechanic :dry:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was called an artist recently, grease monkey fits, frequently called a genius.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Poseidon, Clark gable, cupid :shrug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aries - god of war from zena...I think this is more based on looks then anything else though.

R

Riva

I always picture the ISTP as the lone silhouette walking away from the huge explosion, back turned... just kind of sauntering off knowing everything is fine now that they've attended to it and letting everyone deal with figuring out the rest... :laugh:My ISTP little brother is a scientist through and through. Has been ever since he was 3 and made observations of tadpoles in the muck. I do like "realist". At least it's better than craftsman or mechanic :dry:
'Realists' suck. It's so anti Ni one could argue; Ni being their tert. Realists wouldn't try to change what they perceive as what is. That suits ISTJs more. ISTPs are introverted catalysts; more so than any other IxxP type - unless we are talking about a vocal Fi dom who is riding a horse somewhere in France -.How about the expert?