• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Shy

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
No - I'm very talkative.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Depends what about. Mostly: no. I am, however, more of an observer. And there are things I don't talk about not because I am shy, but because I don't think they are things that should be talked about or are worth discussion. The over-confessional culture of everyday discourse (ultra TMI) doesn't sit well with me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I very much lack the trust in the motivations of others and it has saved my ass countless times.

D

Dali

I've changed schools fifteen times before the age of sixteen.

I was always the new kid.

Some people find this hard to believe and others find it hard not to believe but, to answer your question, yes.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
More sensitive than shy. I tend to think of shy as battering one's self for discomfort and awkwardness, whereas introverts might experience awkwardness and not necessarily (but can) blame themselves.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
What is the definition of shy?

I like this one:

shy-

a. Drawing back from contact or familiarity with others; retiring or reserved.
b. Marked by reserve or diffidence: a shy glance.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
More sensitive than shy. I tend to think of shy as battering one's self for discomfort and awkwardness, whereas introverts might experience awkwardness and not necessarily (but can) blame themselves.
The truth is: You're the tyranny of evil men. But you're tryin, Ringo. You're tryin' real hard, to be the shepherd. :p

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
1. bashful; retiring.
No.
2. easily frightened away; timid.
No.
3. suspicious; distrustful: I am a bit shy of that sort of person.
Yes, I suppose so.
4. reluctant; wary.
Yea.
10. to draw back; recoil.
No.

I'm more meek/pensive, taciturn/diffident. And proud when the diffidence disappears.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1.,2.,3.,4.,10.??? (what happened to 5-9?)

No to all the above.

People sometimes think I'm shy.
I let them.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I am not shy in front of a group when I have a particular role to fill (leader, teacher, facilitator, whatever). I am very, very shy with individuals. I probably come across as really standoffish, even stuck up, because I am so shy.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The only situation I can think of that really pulls the shy girl out of me is when someone is doing me a favor.

As long as that is not the case, I almost have an inability to be shy.

That does not mean that I talk a lot. It just means I'm comfortable and confident.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm shy in some respects:

1. I don't really go up to and talk to "new" people. (Mostly because, until I know a bit more about them, I'm a bit wary).
2. While I recieve many compliments on how good I apparently am at it, I HATE public speaking to a group. (Exception: I don't mind it when it's to a group of people I know well/am friendly with.)

Other than that, I'm pretty much normal, and can have a conversation with anyone if I want to. I don't generally have any issues with being "too shy" to go do something, like ask a question, or whatever.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm shy around people that I don't know well. I do have this ability to open up and talk to complete strangers that I've never seen before and know that I will never see again though. It's weird. In normal situations, if I get to know someone then the flood gates open.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think it depends on context and situation. If there is a reason or topic for me to discuss I just go into overexcitable, curious, silly, adaptive mode and don't even see a need to be shy or withdrawn. If there is not an easy intro to be made though then I'm ridiculously shy. I hate approaching people, or conversations that are too personal. I guess I tend to hyper-focus on people if i'm interested, so getting in that mode may be hard.