• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Strengths

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wondering what they were.

NF and NT strengths are obvious to me. As for SJ strengths, the SJs that I know most definitely have strengths although a lot of them have more to do with their character than their S abilities or their J abilities.

But SP strengths...what are they again?...we're uhhhh....good at sports? Oh I know, practical and adaptive?...yeah. What else?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Creative? Is that something that most SPs are?

Ummmmm.

*Thinks*

There's probably a website somewhere with the strengths listed....

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SPs are observant, experiential and primarily driven by sensation. They are flexible, aesthetically-aware, "here and now" people that, with hardly a moment's notice, will go where their senses lead. SPs naturally make an effort (with a realistic approach) not to miss an opportunity that may prove to be thrilling, pleasing or otherwise valuable. SPs are are laid back, open-minded and love to feel alive. They have a tendency toward athletics and anything that involves creating or crafting.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that courtesy of mypersonalityinfo.com

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
fun, spontaneous, fun, good in a crisis situation at acting fast based on past experience and a sense of what is happening right now around us, fun, willing to work very hard for long hours on a project, fun, able to run on adrenaline for long periods of time, fun, willing to try new things...did I mention fun? ;)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No problem
who is would be a good example of a female ESTP ?
aside from the possibility that amelia earhart is one

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Extremely adept at noticing stuff actually happening around them, and acting swiftly on it. That's what I've noticed with a couple ESTP's I know. I'd say "noticing stuff" is a big one, and one that's more important than some might think.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
fun, spontaneous, fun, good in a crisis situation at acting fast based on past experience and a sense of what is happening right now around us, fun, willing to work very hard for long hours on a project, fun, able to run on adrenaline for long periods of time, fun, willing to try new things...did I mention fun? ;)

lol Jeffster

=)

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No problem
who is would be a good example of a female ESTP ?
aside from the possibility that amelia earhart is one

My sister is an ESTP but unfortunately none of you know her.

I've heard that this actress here is an ESTP:
rachelweiszbv0.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would like to get to know your sister and that actress.

And you.

:)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Extremely adept at noticing stuff actually happening around them, and acting swiftly on it. That's what I've noticed with a couple ESTP's I know. I'd say "noticing stuff" is a big one, and one that's more important than some might think.

Yeah, I'm a good noticer. Sometimes. I can also be completely blind to something right in front of me if I'm focusing really hard on something else. People are amazed at my ability to tune out one thing to focus on another.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
SPs are observant, experiential and primarily driven by sensation. They are flexible, aesthetically-aware, "here and now" people that, with hardly a moment's notice, will go where their senses lead. SPs naturally make an effort (with a realistic approach) not to miss an opportunity that may prove to be thrilling, pleasing or otherwise valuable. SPs are are laid back, open-minded and love to feel alive. They have a tendency toward athletics and anything that involves creating or crafting.
Ditto and may I add a very very insightful response!

aireal

MBTI Type
ISFP
Yeah, I'm a good noticer. Sometimes. I can also be completely blind to something right in front of me if I'm focusing really hard on something else. People are amazed at my ability to tune out one thing to focus on another.

haha i know exactly how that feels, in some situations (ie work) it can become a problem or it can irritate people

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I appreciate SPs a lot and they tend to be easier to communicate with than S(F)Js for me. You guys have the gift of charming other people, which is really a significant talent (thankfully you don't tend to have world domination plans :D) and I find you to be deeper than you are sometimes portrayed. Sensational creativity (ok, that was a lame pun) and an open-minded attitude. Very flexible. Fun, seriously needed in today's world (another lame pun!).

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Observation, adaptation, exploitation. Unmatched.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I appreciate SPs a lot and they tend to be easier to communicate with than S(F)Js for me. You guys have the gift of charming other people, which is really a significant talent (thankfully you don't tend to have world domination plans :D) and I find you to be deeper than you are sometimes portrayed. Sensational creativity (ok, that was a lame pun) and an open-minded attitude. Very flexible. Fun, seriously needed in today's world (another lame pun!).

Yeah, my world domination plans always seem to be derailed by the smell of cheeseburgers or the sight of a girl in a tight shirt. :blush:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This has been said about ETPs in general from descriptions, but I think that the average SP's talents and strengths are overlooked, underutilized or decision makers can easily miss their true potential regardless of E/I. In part this may be due to employers still running businesses in SJ fashion or the autonomy needed for SPs only comes with jobs that they have little interest or the need to return to to school to obtain certain skills. SPs learn a great deal from their daily work and sometimes are fortunate to further their education. However there may be a great deal of credentials that SPs see as superfulous in doing the job, therefore never get them or believe getting them may be too much.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
IMHO: adaptable, generally optimistic, work well with others (even most ISTPs), without peer when it comes to immediate action, usually courageous if a bit cavalier.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
This is less of a strength and more of a stereotype about SPs (so a bit off topic). There was some series on the History Channel (I think), regarding daredevils yesterday. Every so often while surfing channels I would return to it and overheard a Sociologist claim that thrill seekers like daredevils only make up 10% (or was it 1%) of the population. Like I said off topic here, but being that type enthusiasts give that status to SPs may be contrary to general population.

Back on topic. Along with strengths there comes the weaknesses. Since SPs look for concrete opportunities, they may find themselves missing a great deal of them since there is an inkling of luck involved in being in the right place at the right time. Also even when there is an opportunity available, SPs do not like change for it's own sake therefore may choose at that present moment not to take advantage of an opportunity. SPs do not like long meetings, especially when nothing is productively is being discussed, so it's easy for them to appear as not being part of a team.