• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Why do ISTPs play sports?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The best type for sports is ISTP and their assassin's mentality! Discuss:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because they're fun and much more tolerable than the gym.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Athlete and assassin.... double sexy.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
stay sharp, and entertaining.

sometimes when I'm bored I like to play "the brick game". find a wall. pick a brick. throw ball - hit the brick. when it bounces, catch the ball. i can do this forever.

i'm like a labrador retriever with opposable thumbs.

if i ever get a chance at a dunk tank i'll be ready.

true, that's not a sport but i'm working on getting into soccer or something. i never did team sports but i want to get into them now.

R

Riva

I believe it has a lot to do with Se. From what I have noticed (I notice great many things) Se types are the most keen on sports and who have the best physical structures. This is not limited to SPs. Even NJs have fairly firm structures and are comparatively more interested in sports than SJs and NPs.

And I have mentioned this before that Se types seem firmer and stronger than Si types.

W

WALMART

Nothing builds character like having your finger snapped in some linebacker's shoulderpads.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because they're good at them and have a good chance of winning?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
My ISTP husband doesn't play sports and never has. So not all ISTPs are drawn to sports. However, every once in a while he will want to do something physical like mow the lawn or take a walk. He's told me that it helps center him when he does activities like these.

R

Riva

Actually a better question would be, why do SPs ...
My ISTP husband doesn't play sports and never has. So not all ISTPs are drawn to sports. However, every once in a while he will want to do something physical like mow the lawn or take a walk. He's told me that it helps center him when he does activities like these.
I shall keep this post in mind, come back to you in another year and ask you whether you are sure he is an istp and not an istj. Lolz! I agree with you and had this istp colleague who has never done or has never been interested in sports.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sports are fun. I love the developing of skills aspect and the physicality. I feel totally alive when I am playing sport. As opposed to mostly numb the rest of the time. Sport gives me passion and feeling that I generally lack otherwise in life. I fight to win as though my life depends on it. And living like that is exciting. Also for an SP, living in the moment is our favourite place to be. And in the middle of a match, on the pitch, making split second decisions is the one place you completely and truly live in the moment.

The bruises and blood and pain from sport remind me that I am alive.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh boy.

:17425:

Even Keirsey wouldn't approve of this, I'm pretty sure. Read that whole chapter that mentions how ISTPs are sometimes doctors.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
@OP: Because you're defining an ISTP as someone who plays sports.

OMG if I was an ISTP that would be a fucked up tert Ni realization moment LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually a better question would be, why do SPs ... I shall keep this post in mind, come back to you in another year and ask you whether you are sure he is an istp and not an istj. Lolz! I agree with you and had this istp colleague who has never done or has never been interested in sports.

Because ISTJs never play sports?

What the fuck is wrong with people in this thread?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
@OP: Because you're defining an ISTP as someone who plays sports.

OMG if I was an ISTP that would be a fucked up tert Ni realization moment LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

yeah that's true about the defining. i just saw istp and responded without thinking about it much.

R

Riva

Because ISTJs never play sports?What the fuck is wrong with people in this thread?
The comment about where her husband was an istj was a joke. That's why I added a lolz after the sentence just incase. However sps do seem to be interested in sports a 'bit' more than some other types. I was going to use the word 'excel' instead of 'interested' but decided not to.