• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Why do ISTPs play sports?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Sports are fun. I love the developing of skills aspect and the physicality. I feel totally alive when I am playing sport. As opposed to mostly numb the rest of the time. Sport gives me passion and feeling that I generally lack otherwise in life. I fight to win as though my life depends on it. And living like that is exciting. Also for an SP, living in the moment is our favourite place to be. And in the middle of a match, on the pitch, making split second decisions is the one place you completely and truly live in the moment.

The bruises and blood and pain from sport remind me that I am alive.

I hate taking punishment in sports and will avoid it any time I can, I'm having such a hard time transitioning from kickboxing to jiu-jitsu because of this. Getting kicked or hit sucks as it is about force meeting force which I will always try to avoid and find an easier or better way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh boy.

:17425:

Even Keirsey wouldn't approve of this, I'm pretty sure. Read that whole chapter that mentions how ISTPs are sometimes doctors.

Lots of doctors play sports.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why does RaptorWizard ask questions?

Nicki

Retired
ISTPs play sports because they're too badass for anything else.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
It's refreshing and good for concentration. Why should ISTPs or any type motivate why they exercise?

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
It always creeped me out how people would get this notion like I played a lot of sports seemingly out of thin air. Until I tested as ISTP/p I used to think they just loved to imagine me getting my face smashed in or some other malevolent thought. I think such insinuation of competition stems from criticism of our honesty. As one assumes the ISTP likes to pick fights which is often not the case.

I do not enjoy the usual crowd that frequents gyms that usually have a less than confident and enthusiastic nature. I like to work out at home its interesting learning how the body works like limbering up and chiropractory stuff.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not all ISTP's play sports. It largely depends upon their early lifehood; relative developmental opportunities.

INTP's and ISTP's appear to be very similar in childhood. The difference is an ISTP will eventually do SOMETHING to develop themselves physically. Where the INTP is simply a cranium that happens to have a body that carries it around. :huh:

Team sports, especially the strategy opportunities offered in basketball or soccer are appealing to an ISTP. Gives us something to think about in addition to moving around. Also ISTP's are very cool under pressure during such activities; and as Bamboo stated in an earlier post will practice an element for hours and not get bored with it.

Daily physical activity is very helpful to an ISTP in keeping emotionally balanced; and breaking any potential cycle of monotony for falling into the ISTP logical loop of doom rut. Freedom of physical movement is very therapudic and satisfying. ISTP will literally play until exhausted, then want to play more if they're still having fun.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTPs will destroy all opposition without mercy and with a relentless drive to achieve the great and the impossible!