• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Questions for ESTP's

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.

1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype?

2. Are you a dark person relative to others?

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally

4. Do you enjoy conflict

5. How competitive are you?

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?

7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?

8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life?

9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?"

10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why?

Eighty HD

MBTI Type
ExTP
1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? Don't know. Don't care. Not sure if I should.

2. Are you a dark person relative to others? I have a sense of humor that is detached from feeling, which can be percieved as dark but only sometimes. Other than that, I consider myself something of an optimist/realist. (Which I have deemed 'awesomism'.)

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally. Not really. But I often scare people intentionally.

4. Do you enjoy conflict. Yes and no. I enjoy a righteous conflict; putting an asshole in their place. And I enjoy light-hearted debates. However, I hate fighting with a loved one or a friend.

5. How competitive are you? Too competitive.

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? 2

7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say? Depends on the person. I find that INxJs misunderstand me more than most other types.

8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life? Being entertaing and useful to others. (and lets face it, entertaining and being useful to myself as well.)

9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?" Yeah. and also I've been described as In Tents. Cause I go camping.

10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why? It depends on the situation. I will avoid eye contact with an attractive girl i'm passing by on the street because I dont want to make her feel uncomfortable. I imagine she gets stared at often and I prefer not to be another dude making her feel like a piece of meat. However, in a conversation I make a lot of eye contact. Watching the face gives you as many clues and as much insight into what they mean as their words do.

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
Right on there my ESTP brother! I loved that last part you aren't begging for scraps full on sexual predator RaWwrrr! :D

But us introverts know its all in the hands. Musical notes means they rehearsed what they are saying and picture making means they are imagining it as they say it. Open palms usually means honesty. I could recommend a good book on FBI interrogation techniques if you like send me a PM.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? 7 and whatever else it says. I don't pretend to understand it.

2. Are you a dark person relative to others? No. Even when I'm not talking because of focusing on something, I don't think I ever appear dark in the sense of inward looking, impenetrable or filled with dread. If anything I'm lighter and at the risk of being more shallow. "We'll deal with that problem if it arises" is my style.

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally? Sometimes. Those who don't understand me can or don't share my interests can be scared sometimes, or scared of the things that I do.

4. Do you enjoy conflict? I don't go looking for it but I don't shy away from it. Sometimes it is just necessary, and satisfying when it leads to victory.

5. How competitive are you? Very.

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? 2

Not very often. I'm usually direct and quite good at communicating.

Doing things, getting out there and experiencing some variety and excitement. Good times with good people.

Yes.

No, unless it's inappropriate such as strangers in public places who I have no reason to interact with. Always avoid it in the gents toilets!

Ultraviolence

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

8w7 - SO (Tentative)

According to which definition of "dark"? Skin color? Well, I've got a pretty decent tan but I wouldn't quite call myself dark. :alttongue:

Jokes aside though, I would have to say yes. Most people aren't aware of the darker side of my personality however because it is often repressed in their presence. If it wasn't, people would probably perceive me as a sociopath.

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally?

Rarely but it has happened on a few occasions.

4. Do you enjoy conflict?

Yes, however, not if the consequences cause too much unnecessary or irreparable damage.

Moderately to Strongly. It depends.

(1) - Fuck spirituality.

Not often, at least to my awareness, though I think it happens more frequently than I know because sometimes peoples' body language and reactions make me wonder if they interpreted me correctly. I think it has to do with how blunt and abrasive I am.

Being able to do what the fuck I want to do (within reason) and enjoy myself.

Control. Power. Freedom. Fun. Success.

I think so but I really don't know.

No, not on purpose anyways.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a bunch of questions for other ESTP's. I'd like to hear your input so I can deduce what is enneagram/instinct/mbti related, and what is not.

6w7 Sx/Sp.

Yes.

I'm not really sure it's unintentional, but yes.

4. Do you enjoy conflict

I have to admit that I find the thrill of some conflict energizing, and that I enjoy the intensity, it make me feel alive. On a few occasion, I can even deliberately seek it. But I try to keep things cool and at peace most part of the time.

A lot. People make fun of me because of this sometimes.

I'd say 4.

Feelers do this all the time, uptight Thikers do this too.

Thrill, action, intensity and victory. Perhaps love, also.

Yes, on many occasions, I've heard people say "what's you're saying is very intense" "wow! what you di was really intense", stuff like that.

10. Do you avoid eye contact?

No.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I asked my 14-yr-old ESTP son the questions just now, and he said..

6w5 sp/so/sx (a test told him the 6w5, he guessed the rest based on my descriptions of what they meant)

Relative to you, yes.

yes

4. Do you enjoy conflict

No, it's annoying. (he appears to enjoy it, he thrives on it, but it might be one of those paradoxical things)

depends on what it is

zero.

all the time

nothing

yes

no

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I asked my 14-yr-old ESTP son the questions just now, and he said..

6w5 sp/so/sx (a test told him the 6w5, he guessed the rest based on my descriptions of what they meant)

Relative to you, yes.

yes

No, it's annoying. (he appears to enjoy it, he thrives on it, but it might be one of those paradoxical things)

depends on what it is

zero.

all the time

nothing

yes

no

cool

when he said "relative to you" was he referring to me, or [jeffster]?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

8w7 - SO (Tentative)

is your name based on doom? Because... the doom marine is my goddamn hero. I'd be willing to say he is the ESTP 8w7 archetype, haha.

doom2.png

According to which definition of "dark"? Skin color? Well, I've got a pretty decent tan but I wouldn't quite call myself dark. :alttongue:

Jokes aside though, I would have to say yes. Most people aren't aware of the darker side of my personality however because it is often repressed in their presence. If it wasn't, people would probably perceive me as a sociopath.

I don't repress it anymore. Too much effort. Look through this website and you'll find a number of times where I've been told I'm a sociopath... psychopath... narcissist... psychologically unstable...

I had someone tell me I'm a lot like the main character in battleship. Have you ever been told you're unstable or a loose cannon? Do people tend to think you're seconds away from doing whatever it is you claim you're about to do? Have you ever messed with people in this way?

Rarely but it has happened on a few occasions.

Hmm... I"m trying to remember why I asked this. I think I meant to ask "do you intimidate others?"

Yes, however, not if the consequences cause too much unnecessary or irreparable damage.

Same

Moderately to Strongly. It depends.

Would you say you're competitive against yourself? I know I absolutely hate competitive people unless they're playful about it. But people who take it to heart really bug me.

(1) - Fuck spirituality.

lol... this is where we differ. Although I'd say I'm more of a foxhole christian, haha.

Not often, at least to my awareness, though I think it happens more frequently than I know because sometimes peoples' body language and reactions make me wonder if they interpreted me correctly. I think it has to do with how blunt and abrasive I am.

hmm... how often are you online? I find people misinterpret just about 90% of what I say online, and 25% of what I say in person... though in person it has more to do with morals. For example, I once said, "navy pilots get so bored they PRAY for a chance to blow something up," and these ultra liberals gasped and were completely shocked that anyone would "pray to blow something up."

Being able to do what the fuck I want to do (within reason) and enjoy myself.

Control. Power. Freedom. Fun. Success.

How old are you? Have you achieved this success yet? I'm very similar to you in these goals, though I never explicitely viewed "control and power" as one of my goals. I only viewed those as a means to an end (freedom and community). Would you happen to be an 873 tritype?

I think so but I really don't know.

I've had 2 people online tell me I'm intense, and I had 1 girl who I knew tell me I'm intense, and an ENTJ read my book and told me I seem like a very intense person. Based on how people react to me, I can only logically conclude that I am an intense person, though I've always viewed E4's as way more intense than myself. I'm starting to think I'm unaware of my own intensity because I have almost no idea how I come off to others. Can you identify with this? Do you think its possible you're very intense without realizing it?

No, not on purpose anyways.

ok, the reason I asked this was because my eyes are very very telling of my emotions, and I think I unconsciously don't want anyone to know how misanthropic I actually am. When I'm angry, I actually avoid eye contact as a way of saying "I don't bite." I was hoping you'd identify with this.

Its not often I meet another ESTp 8w7 online. I identified with many things you said and I wonder how I am in comparison to you. My instinctual variant is Sx/So. I know you said you suspect you're So. Have you considered Sx/So? I used to identify with So/Sx for a while but never really made it apparent.

Ultraviolence

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
is your name based on doom? Because... the doom marine is my goddamn hero. I'd be willing to say he is the ESTP 8w7 archetype, haha.

doom2.png

No, it's actually a reference to the film A Clockwork Orange, where the protagonist and his "droogs" engage in what they call "ultraviolence". That Marine looks like a total bad ass though lol.

I don't repress it anymore. Too much effort. Look through this website and you'll find a number of times where I've been told I'm a sociopath... psychopath... narcissist... psychologically unstable...

I had someone tell me I'm a lot like the main character in battleship. Have you ever been told you're unstable or a loose cannon? Do people tend to think you're seconds away from doing whatever it is you claim you're about to do? Have you ever messed with people in this way?

No one has ever explicitly told me that I am unstable or a loose cannon, though I'm sure people have thought of me as such. Actually, when I retrieved my psychological records from a psychiatrist I visited about two years ago, the records stated that I was severely unstable and posed a danger to others as well as myself. Only my parents were aware of this instability however.

In regards to your second and third question, I guess so though I'm not sure. If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you're referring specifically to threats of action which are either hostile or brash, or otherwise harmful. Basically, a warning to others that you are about to "make a point" and it's not going to be pretty. Yes, I find myself doing this when I get angry from time to time however I don't always give warnings when I'm about to take action. What you're pretty much asking is if I tend to get people "on edge" when I'm angry. I mean, when I'm pissed, I do want everyone surrounding me to be angry as well but I don't necessarily intentionally put them on edge everytime.

No, I do not like fucking with people like that although I can understand why you'd find it amusing, if you do.

Hmm... I"m trying to remember why I asked this. I think I meant to ask "do you intimidate others?"

Not actively, as in, I often do not purposefully try to intimidate others although I find that some people, particularly females, find me intimidating.

Would you say you're competitive against yourself? I know I absolutely hate competitive people unless they're playful about it. But people who take it to heart really bug me.

It's funny that you mention this for that is precisely how I was originally intending to describe my competitiveness. Yes, I am playfully competitive and I also get irritated when people get emotionally invested.

lol... this is where we differ. Although I'd say I'm more of a foxhole christian, haha.

I subsitute spirituality with philosophy. Discovered existentialism and nihilism around the same time I stopped "believing", which was about age twelve. Never looked back.

hmm... how often are you online? I find people misinterpret just about 90% of what I say online, and 25% of what I say in person... though in person it has more to do with morals. For example, I once said, "navy pilots get so bored they PRAY for a chance to blow something up," and these ultra liberals gasped and were completely shocked that anyone would "pray to blow something up."

I'm frequently online but I do not often engage in communication with others. Lol at your example, I could see myself making a similar comment and getting slammed for it. Would probably warrant a "lighten up" or "chill the fuck out" from me.

How old are you? Have you achieved this success yet? I'm very similar to you in these goals, though I never explicitely viewed "control and power" as one of my goals. I only viewed those as a means to an end (freedom and community). Would you happen to be an 873 tritype?

Only nineteen. Hell no, I haven't achieved anything worth merit or praise in this world. It may also be my youth that influences my desire to achieve these goals. I remember when I visited the recruiting office for the Marine Corps and the SSGT asked me where I saw myself in the next ten or twenty years. I responded enthusiastically with "In a position of power". He responded with a smile and a "Such a young answer".

I suppose I can agree with viewing control and power as a means to an end however there is something about the allure of power that motivates me to acquire it and wield it as more than a means to an end. Yes, my tritype is 8w7 - 7w8 - 3w2.

I've had 2 people online tell me I'm intense, and I had 1 girl who I knew tell me I'm intense, and an ENTJ read my book and told me I seem like a very intense person. Based on how people react to me, I can only logically conclude that I am an intense person, though I've always viewed E4's as way more intense than myself. I'm starting to think I'm unaware of my own intensity because I have almost no idea how I come off to others. Can you identify with this? Do you think its possible you're very intense without realizing it

I feel like if I were to write a book, I could also be viewed as intense. However, I would be skeptical of using that adjective to describe me although it could be a possibility that I am but simply unaware of it, as you say. I would have to receive input from people I know however in order to comfortably call myself intense.

ok, the reason I asked this was because my eyes are very very telling of my emotions, and I think I unconsciously don't want anyone to know how misanthropic I actually am. When I'm angry, I actually avoid eye contact as a way of saying "I don't bite." I was hoping you'd identify with this.

Well, I guess something similar to what you're describing happened to me just yesterday. I was really angry to the point where I was about to commit violence towards anyone who was willing to give me a reason to go off on them. I walked into McDonald's, where there happened to be this really cute Brazilian girl (such a nice ass) whom I've talked to in the past. I immediately averted her gaze despite her obvious desire to talk to me because I knew my eyes were probably going to make her think I meant to do her harm.

When I happen to be angry with someone who is actually present in my surroundings however, I definitely do not avoid eye contact. Quite the opposite actually, I stare them the fuck down.

Its not often I meet another ESTp 8w7 online. I identified with many things you said and I wonder how I am in comparison to you. My instinctual variant is Sx/So. I know you said you suspect you're So. Have you considered Sx/So? I used to identify with So/Sx for a while but never really made it apparent.

I haven't actually done much research on the instinctual variants so I honestly do not know. It could be possible that I'm Sx first but for now I identify with So first.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I have a question for ESTP fellow forum members.

Do you think there are very many ESTP comedians?

Also, here's another one. "Do you find it easy to exaggerate or get worked up when telling a story or imparting information because you like to get a reaction out of people?"

[I ask this because I believe my brother is an ESTP and when he tells a story, it gets bigger and more elaborate with each telling. This is in no way a criticism of my brother. I know how he is. I accept how he is and I love him for who he is. I just know that if he tells me a rabid fox attacked him while he was on the mower and that he ran over a fox then buried it in his wife's flower garden, then I know the real story is that he was mowing and a fox ran across the yard. So, I can go ahead and validate him by saying things like, "Wow, that's just crazy! A person never knows what's gonna happen when he mows the yard and he goes away...happy.]

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. What is your enneagram and instinctual subtype? 8w7, but there's a possibility I'm a 7, 2, or 3

2. Are you a dark person relative to others? Not really but some of the feelers in my life say I'm overly violent and angry

3. Do you ever scare people unintentionally Mmmmhm

4. Do you enjoy conflict yeah, to some extent. Catty, unnecessary drama irritates me but trouble sort of adds a thrill to life

5. How competitive are you? pretty darn competitive

6. on a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people? maybe a 3?

7. how often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say? almost every time. I have MAJORLY pissed people off just because they didn't understand what I was trying to say

8. what do you think brings the most meaning to your life? the people I care about and that care about me

9. has anyone ever described you as "intense?" yup

10. Do you avoid eye contact? if so, Why? never

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a question for ESTP fellow forum members.

Do you think there are very many ESTP comedians?

Also, here's another one. "Do you find it easy to exaggerate or get worked up when telling a story or imparting information because you like to get a reaction out of people?"

[I ask this because I believe my brother is an ESTP and when he tells a story, it gets bigger and more elaborate with each telling. This is in no way a criticism of my brother. I know how he is. I accept how he is and I love him for who he is. I just know that if he tells me a rabid fox attacked him while he was on the mower and that he ran over a fox then buried it in his wife's flower garden, then I know the real story is that he was mowing and a fox ran across the yard. So, I can go ahead and validate him by saying things like, "Wow, that's just crazy! A person never knows what's gonna happen when he mows the yard and he goes away...happy.]

1. I actually don't think there are that many. There could be more :p

2. YES. According to like everyone I know I'm horribly guilty of this.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Ron-Burgundy-Say-What-Anchorman-2.gif

tumblr_m9qxtbdyVl1qilfxeo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhrjpfEhch1s2xprbo1_250.gif

fight-club-o.gif

angry-golfer-gets-jackassed-o.gif

6. On a scale of 1-10 how spiritual are you relative to other people?

giphy.gif

7. How often do people misinterpret what you're trying to say?

1rWYSfC.gif

8. What do you think brings the most meaning to your life?

I_dunno.gif

9. Has anyone ever described you as "intense?"

troy-bakers-intense-stare-o.gif

mika-kick-ass-o.gif

Attachments

• fight-club-o.gif
    fight-club-o.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1