• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's ONLY: Who thinks I'am an SP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oh hai. Yeah I'm spacy as fuck. I can be "detail-oriented" in the sense that I can be easily distracted by some detail or another (oooh shiny) but that by no means implies that I see all the details about things. I often notice fewer details overall than most people because I'm focusing on one detail in particular which has interested me. Similarly, I make a lot of dumb mistakes in spreadsheets, math problems etc, so I don't think I'm any better at noticing those details necessarily (although I'm good at editing/finding typos).

hope that helps.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
oh hai. Yeah I'm spacy as fuck. I can be "detail-oriented" in the sense that I can be easily distracted by some detail or another (oooh shiny) but that by no means implies that I see all the details about things. I often notice fewer details overall than most people because I'm focusing on one detail in particular which has interested me. Similarly, I make a lot of dumb mistakes in spreadsheets, math problems etc, so I don't think I'm any better at noticing those details necessarily (although I'm good at editing/finding typos).

hope that helps.

Yes thank you! (sorry thread did not end in this particular case):D

I wonder what is the take of [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] on the quoted post

W

WALMART

I wonder what is the take of [MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] on the quoted post

Part of what contributed to my mistyping (from ENTP) was my idolization of fictional ISTP's... but they're just that, fictional. It's unrealistic to bar yourself from a type because you aren't superhuman.

(Presuming you haven't, I have a little piece you can read on Ne and Ni here that will contribute to what scarce information I'm providing in this post)

I think where the detail aspect of Se comes into play revolves around establishing paradigms. I believe Se users are constantly adapting and refining their approach to a point of attempted perfection, this also gives rise to the stereotype of STP's having a "waste not, want not" mentality about things. Ne is about the same way in it's utility when stacked in the upper functions, FYI. Si/Ni is about knowing the paradigms, Se/Ne is about growing them. Se is about the intricacies of a situation, Ne is about the potentials.

Personally, I am incredibly spacey. I fall into flows very easy, and become very error-prone when doing so. It takes a good bit of interest for me to actively snap out of my intuition-driven existence, but when I do I take great attention to objective presence of a situation. Once I've absorbed it all, know all the intricacies, I fall back to my lack-of-attention-to-detail self.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I keep getting called this by non-SP's but I wonder what actual SP's think.

I could have posted this in the private SP subforum, but would need to change my type. And well 1.) That would defeat the object and 2.) I don't really like the S/N differentiation, as I find it unlikely (all information is taken in via 5 senses so all Ne would actually be a mix of Se+"leaps", maybe?).

Anyway I'll wait for your opinions.

What do you LIVE for?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
What do you LIVE for?

IDK. For fun I guess? But then some things are serious like I love my family and country. There is no one simple reason. I just deal with situation as they arise as best I can. I want to be the best I can in all areas of my life: work, play, etc.

I never ask myself that question to be honest. You DO live and you have a responsibility to make the most of it and take very opportunity God/destiny/chance gave you. That's all you need to know.

As my user title says "It is what there is".

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
IDK. For fun I guess? But then some things are serious like I love my family and country. There is no one simple reason. I just deal with situation as they arise as best I can. I want to be the best I can in all areas of my life: work, play, etc.

I never ask myself that question to be honest. You DO live and you have a responsibility to make the most of it and take very opportunity God/destiny/chance gave you. That's all you need to know.

As my user title says "It is what there is".

Sounds pretty SP to me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't ask @RaptorWizard the occasional self-typed ISTP as I believe he is ENTP. But I will anyway just because I love the guy.

I am RaptorWizard with a name change recently. Anyway, I think of you as an ExTP 7w8 so/sx, as I have said before. You could be an ENTP, but I'm not sure, since you don't post in the more metaphysically oriented threads so much, but if you did, and if your ideas had the right presentation to them, you could show as an ENTP rather than an ESTP. ESTP though for now is my best guess for you.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems the choice of an Avatar is usually a reasonable indicator of S vs. N. An S will typically chose to display something more concrete, and sensory expressive. An N will typically choose an Avatar that's visually busier and more cerebrally abstract.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Seems the choice of an Avatar is usually a reasonable indicator of S vs. N. An S will typically chose to display something more concrete, and sensory expressive. An N will typically choose an Avatar that's visually busier and more cerebrally abstract.

But possible a lot of people choose abstract looking shit which they don't really know what it means, just because they are pretentious.