• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs, how do you feel about the forum name "Arthouse"?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you feel like it accurately illustrates your sort of preferred gathering place?

Are there other terms that would fit better?

I ask, because I generally see it more fitting to SFPs than STPs.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Indifferent. Actually I'd kinda prefer that the forums were just "NT subforum" "SP subforum" etc. Less stereotype-y that way. Mostly indifferent, though.

/boring

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Do you feel like it accurately illustrates your sort of preferred gathering place?

Are there other terms that would fit better?

I ask, because I generally see it more fitting to SFPs than STPs.

It's fine all SP's are artsy.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They are creative in the real-time, physical sense.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Indifferent. Actually I'd kinda prefer that the forums were just "NT subforum" "SP subforum" etc. Less stereotype-y that way. Mostly indifferent, though.

/boring

this

W

WALMART

I am far from artsy, but I am a perfectionist when it comes to most things involving my labor. I am constantly evolving my craft.

It's whatever, I suppose.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They are creative in the real-time, physical sense.

True.

Cool. So general consensus seems to be it's NBD/fine. I need to update my personal impressions. I guess I've always thought of "art" as a "soft" thing, therefore more related to F, but it's pretty kinesthetic, isn't it?

KDude

I used to be the kid who had his nose on his desk, not paying attention, always drawing something (otoh, I couldn't wait for recess either). By my teens, I dropped a lot of the drawing and picked up music. I'm not a master at any of these.. it's somewhere in between doodling and professional art. Just consistent hobbies in my life. Just like sports and other physical activities have been. In a way, it's all "art". Lately, I've been wanting to learn blacksmithing and archery.. They're both kind of "artistic" to me.

I'm pretty sure there are millions of other "Types" who would blow me away though. It's not an SP exclusive thing.

As for SFP or STP.. I don't know. Lately, I've been wondering what my type is again. I know that I take a Ti approach in many ways. I'm fascinated by the mechanics and underlying workings of some of these activities. It's not "whimsical" or overly instinctual (if that's what Fi is).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True.

Cool. So general consensus seems to be it's NBD/fine. I need to update my personal impressions. I guess I've always thought of "art" as a "soft" thing, therefore more related to F, but it's pretty kinesthetic, isn't it?

Yes.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How about the SP funhouse?

Although, there are fun people in all temperaments.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How about the SP funhouse?

Although, there are fun people in all temperaments.

MV5BMTQ3MjQxODY4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM4OTUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

D: ?

Last edited:

KDude

Fun is a pretty subjective thing. Even by SP standards. ESPs and ISPs might enjoy similar things, but a stark difference is attention span. An ISP can go on and do the same thing (or subset of things), alone, for hours on end. For years even.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like it.​

I like Funhouse too.

Or "Jeff's House" -- that would probly be best.

Anyone's welcome in my house, though. Especially my fellow SP Arthousians! ;)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like it.​

I like Funhouse too.

Or "Jeff's House" -- that would probly be best.

Anyone's welcome in my house, though. Especially my fellow SP Arthousians! ;)

can't I be grandfathered into the VIP section?

Edit: it's not worse than the other three. It's a stereotype- "arthouse" (probably just coming from the name "artisan" given the other three names).

"guardhouse" is worse, wtf does that mean, I just picture a bunch of bulldogs and club bouncers standing around. and enneagram 6's looking paranoid and skeptical. And a lot of other memes, but anyway.

The idyllic and rationale houses are just boring. We just copied kiersey.

Edit: Edit: I love it when the edit is twice as big as the post.

Edit: Edit: Edit: (What compels me to note the edit is unknown anyway, don't think people do that anymore, bad habit. )

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I like it. I read though that SPs are known by Kiersey as the Experiencers. Either one would do just fine.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

/boring

Ha. I was just going to say this. I really don't care. I imagine the average ISTP really doesn't give a fuck what the forum is called.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Ha. I was just going to say this. I really don't care. I imagine the average ISTP really doesn't give a fuck what the forum is called.

+ 1 although ISTPS are actually very creative IMO unlike the ISTJ who is very rigid.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I LURRRRRRVE eet.:bunnyglee::phantom:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like it. I read though that SPs are known by Kiersey as the Experiencers. Either one would do just fine.

I haven't heard this before. I like that term.

:laugh: Considering the ISTPs I know, I would venture not.