• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs, what are your two strongest letters?

What are your two strongest letter?

• IS - Carver, Stoic, Constant

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • SP - Impulsive, Craftsman, Hedonistic

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • IT - Critic, Expert, Analyst

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • TP - Questioner, Skeptic, Logician

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • ST - Pragmatic, Ultilitarist, Technician

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • IP - Accommodating, Indolent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wondered what are the most commonly strong letters among ISTPs.

IS - Carver, Stoic, Constant?
SP - Impulsive, Craftsman, Hedonistic?
IT - Critic, Expert, Analyst?
TP - Questioner, Skeptic, Logician?
ST - Pragmatic, Utilitarist, Technician?
IP - Accommodating, Indolent?

And if you tend to look and behave like the type you share your two srongest letters with, like

-ISTP with strong IS, tend to look and behave like an ISFJ
-ISTP with strong SP, tend to look and behave like an ESFP
-ISTP with strong IT, tend to look and behave like an INTJ
-ISTP with strong TP, tend to look and behave like an ENTP
-ISTP with strong ST, tend to look and behave like an ESTJ
-ISTP with strong IP, tend to look and behave like an INFP

Thank you for your answers.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I wondered what are the most commonly strong letters among ISTPs.

IS - Carver, Stoic, Constant?
SP - Impulsive, Craftsman, Hedonistic?
IT - Critic, Expert, Analyst?
TP - Questioner, Skeptic, Logician?
ST - Pragmatic, Utilitarist, Technician?
IP - Accommodating, Indolent?

And if you tend to look and behave like the type you share your two srongest letters with, like

-ISTP with strong IS, tend to look and behave like an ISFJ
-ISTP with strong SP, tend to look and behave like an ESFP
-ISTP with strong IT, tend to look and behave like an INTJ
-ISTP with strong TP, tend to look and behave like an ENTP
-ISTP with strong ST, tend to look and behave like an ESTJ
-ISTP with strong IP, tend to look and behave like an INFP

Thank you for your answers.

IT for sure.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IT. I suppose it makes sense, with dominant Ti and all.

And yes, INTJ is definitely closest of those options.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's a close tie between IT and TP for me, but I went with TP in the poll. If I were an extraverted type, it would ENTP.

KDude

I've grown from being [really] impulsive (SP?) to an analyst (IT). There's still a lot of the first, because impatience is still my worst flaw. I wouldn't relate to an INTJ because of that.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I've grown from being [really] impulsive (SP?) to an analyst (IT). There's still a lot of the first, because impatience is still my worst flaw. I wouldn't relate to an INTJ because of that.

That's funny because I am sort of going the other way. haha

KDude

That's funny because I am sort of going the other way. haha

It was never an extroverted impulsiveness though. Just self-contained, doing my own thing. No audience. Really irritated if I had sit around and socialize.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because of the information presented below, many members who see me as ISTP might be curious as to my thoughts on my two strongest letters as an 'ISTP'.

Anyway, for me whether I'm an ISTP or not, my two strongest letters are T and I, in that order. This would make me of the INTJ variety, since I'm much more in-my-own-world and solitary as well as logical than a more fun-loving and hedonistic S and P ISTP. My personal combination makes me much less cool and more impopular than most ISTPs. Because of this, I am seen by many as a geek.

No way in hell is your roomate an ISTP if he thinks your crazy dream adventures are wierd and uncool, because half of the forum calls me a 5w4 TiNi ISTP, and I'm about as insane of a forum member as you will ever find when gazing across this infinite horizon (maybe with the exception of Zang).

source - Infj and dreams

KDude

Because of the information presented below, many members who see me as ISTP might be curious as to my thoughts on my two strongest letters as an 'ISTP'.

Who are these "many members"? And why when appealing to ISTP-ness, you need to refer to outside sources, instead of your own rationale? ;)

I'm not trying to be a dick. I have doubts of my own type, but it's for my own reasons. No one else's.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Many people say that my strongest letters are Ti an Ni. It makes for quite a killer and dynamic combination, one that really digs deep holes and gets right to the source of it all!

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP totally. According to tests and according to how I am. I have never been in any doubt about being strongly SP.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ISTPs here are largely strongest on IT, which makes them much more analytical and expert than everyone else!

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ISTPs here are largely strongest on IT, which makes them much more analytical and expert than everyone else!

Why would you think that? Granted in my field I'm considered a "Guru" or "Expert" My own opinion is that even though I've been at the subject matter for quite a long time; I know nothing.