• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP and the reality distortion field

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I think it is more like consulting. That is the way sales should be. There is a lot of hype in all things though, there is so much hype in training, much more than there needs to be. It must be hard for people to cut through the crap. But at the end of the day people need to look at there needs, reality and educate themselves of some science. That is the same in all things you want. As soon as you lose sight of needs and reality you are lost to your emotions and open to manipulation.

KDude

Yeah, I think it is more like consulting. That is the way sales should be. There is a lot of hype in all things though, there is so much hype in training, much more than there needs to be. It must be hard for people to cut through the crap. But at the end of the day people need to look at there needs, reality and educate themselves of some science. That is the same in all things you want. As soon as you lose sight of needs and reality you are lost to your emotions and open to manipulation.

I agree for the most part, but as for needs, you're talking about recognizing one's own needs. My reaction earlier was more about other people who want to focus attention on that. And in many cases, the insistent ones aren't even that close. Most of the time, even our loved ones don't give that much of a shit. To believe that some outsider has some "big heart" and wants to help you is dumb.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTPs in TiNi loops are the most mystical and mentally intense of all people!