• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Are all SPs 'fun-loving'?

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well who doesn't love fun? :shock:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Perhaps a better question would be "is x fun focused" or does x group prioritize fun over other things.

I recall those Ben and Jerry's bumper stickers: "If it's not fun why do it."

bjfun.jpg

I always thought that was stupid hippy bullshit. There are plenty of reasons to do something even if it's not fun. Of course, it's a bumper sticker, and like most idiomatic proverbs, it tends to refer to some situations better than others rather than being a universal truth.

I have somewhat hedonistic tendendencies, but I don't see "fun" as the ultimate measure of something. That said, I do sometimes scoff at a lot of unnecessary complication when you can derive as much pleasure from simple things. But sometimes it's fun to have a complicated, more refined solution, and sometimes the point isn't fun.

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoy my own fun. Often "other" people's fun is drunken/drama-filled/unintelligent/jock culture/or jersey shorish/asshattery.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Fun does not equal insanity.

Damn right I agree completely and once people have done the same cliche act over and over and over its just pathetic and I don't want to have any part of that inside joke/mindset they have created around it thereby attaching a lot of subjective typecasting.