• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] How can ESTP's be several steps ahead of people?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I wonder how it is Se arrives at a determination of the meaning of the physical cue...

Maybe some are evident prima facie, and others can be explained almost instantly pre-learned through Ti-constructed theories (eg body language theory).

To deny a relationship between foresight and intuition would be a highly questionable act.

Of course.

It just fascinates how so many people with "foresight" all disagree radically with each other over what will happen.:D

KDude

Se is a whole way recognizing and ascribing meaning to things. You don't need dominant intuition to have meaning. Extroverted sensing has it's own backdrop... or zeitgeist, if you will. Or whatever you want to call it. A keen sense of trends maybe. Things that aren't really forward moving nor regressive. Things effective now. Se doesn't mean you only relate yourself to the objects around you. It's a bit more complicated. This notion of only knowing "immediacy" is like saying billions of human beings are no better than goldfish.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Maybe some are evident prima facie, and others can be explained almost instantly pre-learned through Ti-constructed theories (eg body language theory).

Se is a whole way recognizing and ascribing meaning to things. You don't need dominant intuition to have meaning. Extroverted sensing has it's own backdrop... or zeitgeist, if you will. Or whatever you want to call it. A keen sense of trends maybe. Things that aren't really forward moving nor regressive. Things effective now. Se doesn't mean you only relate yourself to the objects around you. It's a bit more complicated. This notion of only knowing "immediacy" is like saying billions of human beings are no better than goldfish.

My point was that Ni is that backdrop.

I actually think that SPs have a phenomenal amount of Ni.

It's just mostly subconscious, and, as such, they use/access it differently than NJs.

It just fascinates how so many people with "foresight" all disagree radically with each other over what will happen.:D

Some are better than others.

KDude

My point was that Ni is that backdrop.

I actually think that SPs have a phenomenal amount of Ni..

They probably work in tandem. And I think ESPs are the least conscious (obviously, being Ni inferior). The ISPs, as one description put it, stand on the sidelines, seeing the trends, choosing when to embody them. Or maybe just laughing at everyone who thinks they're cool.

rav3n

While people are still thinking about it, ESTPs have already completed the task. Se in action. Thought/movement near one.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Like what the others said, it's a matter of moving quickly.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
They are just being bombastic.

R

Riva

It's Se.

Ni is there. As much as Si is there in ntps. Therefore they subconsciously sees a future. The steps of the future may not be vivid but the final picture is. This is the reason stps are more likely to finish things they started than NPs would.

T-bag from prison break crosses my mind.

Last edited:

dpolaristar

MBTI Type
INTP
I've noticed that in countless threads that I've seen, many ESTP types claim to be several steps ahead of people. How is this possible? I mean it seems like in order to be several steps ahead of people, one would need to be using some sort of intuitive function? However, ESTP's are intuition last, so how does this make sense? Someone explain to me how this is possible? Is this somehow the Ti function that allows ESTP types to do this?

Depends on what you mean by many steps ahead. Blinding rushing past someone for an answer that is false and inadequate is hardly a step ahead. That being said. ESTP's might get to the bottom line faster in a situation that requires mostly practical and pragmatic application. As oppose to an N and especially IN who must use every opportunity to contemplate how it lines up with the grand scheme of things and the meaning of life.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Intuition (not mbti speak, just normal def.) is the product of experience of events sufficiently similar to the present event where you get a sense of outcome. If you can notice patterns, you can predict behaviors.

Also, if you plan for multiple likely outcomes, it will take time beforehand, but during the event you'll be faster than other people.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While people are still thinking about it, ESTPs have already completed the task. Se in action. Thought/movement near one.

Exactly. Fast reactions, thinking while on the move, etc. while others might think, discuss, think again, postpone, sleep on it, come back to it...and then the opportunity has gone.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Intuition (not mbti speak, just normal def.) is the product of experience of events sufficiently similar to the present event where you get a sense of outcome. If you can notice patterns, you can predict behaviors.

Also, if you plan for multiple likely outcomes, it will take time beforehand, but during the event you'll be faster than other people.

+100:D