• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Do ISTP's confuse the crap out of people?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I know is If you get an ISTP to open up to you and tell you what's really on their mind, you're gonna be like :shock: . (or maybe it's just me)

W

WALMART

All I know is If you get an ISTP to open up to you and tell you what's really on their mind, you're gonna be like :shock: . (or maybe it's just me)

Care to elaborate on anything in particular?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

No, it's not just you. :shock:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What's a best FWB? best friends with benefits? how many friends with benefits do you have?

:laugh: Lol. I mean, of all the FWB I've ever had, he was my favorite.

Also, [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] Thirded. :shock:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm usually the one confusing the shit out of them.

ISTP: Wanna go to sonics?
Me: Yes

ISTP: Do you want a burger?
Me: No.
ISTP: Then what do you want?
Me: I want a cherry limeade.
ISTP: Ok that's great, what else do you want with that?
Me: A burger
ISTP: You just told me you didn't want one.
Me: Yes.
ISTP: So do you want one or not?
Me: no.
ISTP: You don't want one?
Me: Yes.
ISTP: Wait, you do want one?
Me: No.
ISTP: God dammit order your own shit!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Care to elaborate on anything in particular?

You kind of start to think that they don't have emotions because they seem so, uhh, stoic... and then you accept that maybe you'll never get to experience emotions with them and then they'll surprise you and unexpectedly show some emotion and you're like :shock:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You kind of start to think that they don't have emotions because they seem so, uhh, stoic... and then you accept that maybe you'll never get to experience emotions with them and then they'll surprise you and unexpectedly show some emotion and you're like :shock:

:yes:

And just as quickly, the next time you run into them, they are back to 'normal'. Like it was all a dream...:shock:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
99.8% of people confuse the crap out of me, so i don't think it's type related, unless everyone i know is an ISTP but highly doubt that

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I manage my expectations as far as ISTPs are concerned, and am therefore more often impressed than disappointed. They do something cool? Great. They're emotionally unavailable and flaky? That's cool too. I suppose there's some soft bigotry in that, but :shrug:

jixmixfix

Permabanned

The only thing I can say is that I feel like when people understand my emotions and intentions they'll take advantage of me so it's better to hide them until it's appropriate.

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
:yes:

And just as quickly, the next time you run into them, they are back to 'normal'. Like it was all a dream...:shock:

Isn't that how it is for all introverts needing a time to recharge? Much akin to how Extraverts usually come home pissed and cranky its so cute they miss their friends awww lol. ISTPs don't like the oppressive social situations worried about stepping on toes so this natural process is bolstered. Its amazing so few understand the environmental context to what they express.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know, but I've pretty much gotten along with all the ISTPs I've ever known, and I think I understand them pretty well. My brother's an ISTP, and I think I have more in common with him than with most other people I've known, and it's not just because he's my brother. He can be a bit unpredictable, but not in a bad way. And never extreme. I'm much more confused by ESTPs than I've ever been by any ISTP. If you are having issues communicating with a particular person though, just go to your default function and be as precise as possible. Ti can be frustrating and seem pedantic, but at least speaking for myself, I find it far more so when it's supported by Ne than Se.

Dudesowin

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know, but I've pretty much gotten along with all the ISTPs I've ever known, and I think I understand them pretty well. My brother's an ISTP, and I think I have more in common with him than with most other people I've known, and it's not just because he's my brother. He can be a bit unpredictable, but not in a bad way. And never extreme. I'm much more confused by ESTPs than I've ever been by any ISTP. If you are having issues communicating with a particular person though, just go to your default function and be as precise as possible. Ti can be frustrating and seem pedantic, but at least speaking for myself, I find it far more so when it's supported by Ne than Se.

A problem exists when INTJs hang with ENFJ and ISTP hang with ESFP. The anima mixing just omfg the horrors. I think I dated an INTJ before and it was alright, she really hated my one friend always taking jabs at him. It made me jealous she was never that affectionate with me! I wonder if he is ESTP that might explain the odd interactions we have.

I much prefer socionics explanation of underlying functions that ISTP personality is SI dominate like a sensory mapped environment virtualized into imagination. Both test methods I am ISTP.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

I can't be friends with INTJ's I find they look down on me alot for whatever reason. I'm convinced INTJ's don't really like me or even know I exist. Alot of the ones I know are very smart though. In socionics INTJ's are ISTp's benefactor so technically ISTp's are suppose to learn alot from INTJs but INTJ's are not interested in ISTp's.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A problem exists when INTJs hang with ENFJ and ISTP hang with ESFP. The anima mixing just omfg the horrors. I think I dated an INTJ before and it was alright, she really hated my one friend always taking jabs at him. It made me jealous she was never that affectionate with me! I wonder if he is ESTP that might explain the odd interactions we have.

I much prefer socionics explanation of underlying functions that ISTP personality is SI dominate like a sensory mapped environment virtualized into imagination. Both test methods I am ISTP.

I'm not really familiar enough with socionics to make a real judgment on it. I haven't really paid much attention to it, I guess because when I discovered it, I was already familiar with MBTI, and found it to be sufficient for my needs. I might have to give it another shot at some point though...