• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP developing Ni Fe

KDude

Do as many shortsighted and shitty things as possible with Se and Ti. If you don't die, you graduate with a small amount of Ni and Fe wisdom.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Go outside your comfort zones. Do things that actively cause you discomfort - emotionally speaking. I really think developing comfort with Fe is the key. I think it's makes one more secure with Ni.

W

WALMART

I don't think Ni is something that can be trained, but I may be wrong.

I go through stages of developed Fe - it spikes just after I've emotionally hurt someone some how, then kind of flattens over time. Never-ending cycle.

KDude

I've always tried to practice kindness to animals, and I think, when I respect people, it "feels" like the same thing. Respecting someone's existence. I don't know why it's easier to forget being kind to people though. I have more consistency with animals. Maybe because most animals are furry.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Ni is something that can be trained, but I may be wrong.

I go through stages of developed Fe - it spikes just after I've emotionally hurt someone some how, then kind of flattens over time. Never-ending cycle.

I believe you can gain more ability to trust Ni. In the past, my Ti would talk myself out of anything that didnt seem right - even if it "felt" intrinsically correct.

In hindsight, my Ni was already pretty good but I didn't trust it.

W

WALMART

I believe you can gain more ability to trust Ni. In the past, my Ti would talk myself out of anything that didnt seem right - even if it "felt" intrinsically correct.

Ah, excellent. I knew I was wrong, hence my doubt =P

KDude

I've gone crazy trusting the worst kind of Ni thoughts. I don't even want to get into it, but I'm not exagerrating. There were drugs involved, but I think it's kind of beside the point. I think there's potential to go into crackpot territory. So I do talk myself out of it. I think that's the best step for me at least. I trust it more when it's in the midst of action. This way it's a bit more grounded to a developing situation. Once you're more detached about it, contemplating on a Ni train of thought, it could go in the worst places. It's needs to be checked.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Do as many shortsighted and shitty things as possible with Se and Ti. If you don't die, you graduate with a small amount of Ni and Fe wisdom.

Fe isn't really about expressing kindness it's more about expressing feeling and emotion. Kindness is just a positive way of expressing emotions.Fe can be extrmely distructive in the wrong hands think of adolf hitler for example.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This sounds like a good approach.
Ya folks, let loose and be a radical rebal with wild tenacity and daring boldness!

KDude

Fe isn't really about expressing kindness it's more about expressing feeling and emotion. Kindness is just a positive way of expressing emotions.Fe can be extrmely distructive in the wrong hands think of adolf hitler for example.

True enough. I think it still needs some connection to people though (that's the extroverted nature). Like if I just had emotion in a self-contained way, being stoked about some song on the radio.. "Turn it up!", that wouldn't be Fe, I think.

I would follow Berens' description..

Extraverted Feeling: Connecting; considering others and the group-organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation: "One should or shouldn't wear…" or "People will think…"

^The above is stuff that puts pressure on me, but don't necessarily like. And wouldn't do if left on my own.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
True enough. I think it still needs some connection to people though (that's the extroverted nature). Like if I just had emotion in a self-contained way, being stoked about some song on the radio.. "Turn it up!", that wouldn't be Fe, I think.

I would follow Berens' description..

Extraverted Feeling: Connecting; considering others and the group-organizing to meet their needs and honor their values and feelings; maintaining societal, organizational, or group values; adjusting to and accommodating others; deciding if something is appropriate or acceptable to others. Considering what would be appropriate for the situation: "One should or shouldn't wear…" or "People will think…"

^The above is stuff that puts pressure on me, but don't necessarily like. And wouldn't do if left on my own.

Fe does have a connection to people this is true, but It's the same kind of connection lets say a Te user would have with an organization or object and a Ti user would have with a system, principle and framework. I think this is why so many people find Fe users emotionally draining or rewarding.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know why it's easier to forget being kind to people though. I have more consistency with animals. Maybe because most animals are furry.

Maybe because they are not responsible for their actions the same way humans are??

Corporal Poon

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
thanks guys. forgot all about this thread. and site

maybe it all comes down to self awareness. i think lucid dreaming can help with development of the functions. gonna pursue that

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've found that trying to really understand others' perspectives (as often/thoroughly as possible) has helped strengthen both Ni and Fe. As in, trying to imagine/learn how their personality and experience are guiding their actions and thoughts, rather than just imagining how you would act in their position. It's hard, though.