• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gosh darn it, I need more feedback again! Why must I always be endlessly questioning everything? Maybe I need counseling.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gosh darn it, I need more feedback again! Why must I always be endlessly questioning everything? Maybe I need counseling.

When your done with your councillor, can I have the left overs? :D

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Have you considered INFJ? Your approach to cosmology is metaphysical and does not require beliefs to be backed by Te. Your Fe may just be expressed differently, but this accounts for Ni+Ti. Given what you know about yourself and knowing that significant variation exists between individuals, differences that transcend existing descriptions of INFJ (descriptions that may be based on just one INFJ) but not the abstract model, could it fit?

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=14840]palm[/MENTION] wow, I'm glad you commented here! Frankly, I haven't considered INFJ, although I can relate fairly well to it. They do indeed seem focused largely on improving humanity, higher world causes and such. But they also seem to see things more personally, and strive to maintain balanced states of peace. My goals revolve much more around transformations and paradigm shifts, although the altruistic motivations remain nonetheless, so you may have a point.

Okay, I edited this post, so you may delete your above post if you wish, or modify it. I'm wondering what your new thoughts are by the way, so if you're in the mood, I'll listen to them on either this thread, PM, or Ventrilo. Thanks!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, you are not an ISTP, you say "Gosh darn it." You don't swear enough to be one.

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ
By ISTP do you mean Ti dominant or Si dominant?

P vs J is a confusing one.

From your original post you seem to think the I and the T hold constant, making you an introverted thinking type.

I wouldn't worry too much about S vs N.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would anyone else like to offer your wise and valuable input?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I think now that I might be an Ni-dom, and I'm way too extreme for the moderation of Fe, so INTJ it is, for now!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I'm back to INTP again, how unextraodinary. :mellow:

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think this is all a waste of time, you'll change your type within a day or two anyways.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He's trolling about everything, all the time.

Splendid observation, the accuracy and depth of your insights invariably put me to shame! I admire your altruistic intentions to bestow the gems of your illuminating thought upon us: there is no doubt in my mind that we'll all soon be in awe of your stupendous genius.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Splendid observation, the accuracy and depth of your insights invariably put me to shame! I admire your altruistic intentions to bestow the gems of your illuminating thought upon us: there is no doubt in my mind that we'll all soon be in awe of your stupendous genius.

giphy.gif

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] recently a friend and I were discussing my childhood and what I was like as a child. My friend deduced that until I hit adolescence, I could only have described as an INTJ child, mostly I was Ni dominated. I suppose.

I was solitary for the most part. I had a difficult time in school for the first four years due to my constant questioning why things were the way they were and was reprommanded severely by one math teacher for suggesting to the class that I had come up with a new system for solving long division. The teacher got angry with me and made me sit down. She wouldn't let me explain my "more effecient" system. I didn't like math for a long time after that and I didn't like her much either. haha.

I was always collecting specimens, live things and putting them into jars. I had my own science lab in an old shed behind our house. I kept all kinds of equatic life there, until it died. I would just study them and watch them and try to figure out what they could eat and what woudl just kill them. I collected plant specimens and dissected them and drew them. I took apart termite homes and observed their tunnel systems, collected bones, like snake skeletons and so forth. I was gathering so that I might understand. [Ni, collection and observation]

I was constantly creating systems with practical applications. For example, games...I invented a multitude of games as a child, complete with guidelines, rules procedures and scoring mechanisims. I also created a "doll factory" and produced dolls for my siblings along with a background script and personality profile. However, because I didn't always consider the impact of my endeavors upon how they affected other people's feelings, I often got scolded for them. Somewhere along the way I discovered that people treated me better and listened to me more readily if I considered how they felt. My mom drilled me with the notion that they didn't care how much I knew unless they knew that I cared about them, and so somewhere between the ages of 11 & 14, an INFJ was born because I began to consciously work on caring about how others felt. I began to observe their reactions to things I did and said. I began to be social and "put myself out there". By the time I was in high school, some people would have listed me as an extrovert, but it was all in an effort to learn how to be more people-like and it worked. I don't think I ever lost the Te skills of my childhood. I'm still pretty good at inventing a system and implementing it then observing and measuring it to determine it's effectiveness. So, what's that make me? My friend and I deduced that it can only make me one thing: INFJ w5 will appear quite cerebral much of the time.

So, I told you all that long stuff about me in hopes that it might help you with your self examination and perhaps you will discover that it is a possiblity that maybe you are an MBTI enneagram combo that perhaps pushes you to seem very much like another type. I tell my friend that I'm the closest thing you can be to not being an INFJ and still be one:) He says that I'm just 'atypcial' but I am a quintessential INFJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey Ene, I'm glad you gave me your thoughts here. I was able to decide yesterday after an extensive conversation with multiple people what type I see myself as, when someone had a peculiar insight about me in relation to another member, and then it was like the final pieces clicked into place. I'm not going to display it though; people can see what they wish.

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] recently a friend and I were discussing my childhood and what I was like as a child. My friend deduced that until I hit adolescence, I could only have described as an INTJ child, mostly I was Ni dominated. I suppose.

Okay, so maybe we aren't fully developed yet until we receive more life experience.

I was solitary for the most part. I had a difficult time in school for the first four years due to my constant questioning why things were the way they were and was reprommanded severely by one math teacher for suggesting to the class that I had come up with a new system for solving long division. The teacher got angry with me and made me sit down. She wouldn't let me explain my "more effecient" system. I didn't like math for a long time after that and I didn't like her much either. haha.

Well, I guess that's something Ni-doms do it seems, always questioning everything and putting together a more unique perspective.

I was always collecting specimens, live things and putting them into jars. I had my own science lab in an old shed behind our house. I kept all kinds of equatic life there, until it died. I would just study them and watch them and try to figure out what they could eat and what woudl just kill them. I collected plant specimens and dissected them and drew them. I took apart termite homes and observed their tunnel systems, collected bones, like snake skeletons and so forth. I was gathering so that I might understand. [Ni, collection and observation]

That's very interesting. You must have a strong connection with the living world programmed into your initial personal nature. I guess that my learning has been a bit more mental generally, although it makes sense that the external parts can build further expansions to our understanding of things.

I was constantly creating systems with practical applications. For example, games...I invented a multitude of games as a child, complete with guidelines, rules procedures and scoring mechanisims. I also created a "doll factory" and produced dolls for my siblings along with a background script and personality profile. However, because I didn't always consider the impact of my endeavors upon how they affected other people's feelings, I often got scolded for them. Somewhere along the way I discovered that people treated me better and listened to me more readily if I considered how they felt. My mom drilled me with the notion that they didn't care how much I knew unless they knew that I cared about them, and so somewhere between the ages of 11 & 14, an INFJ was born because I began to consciously work on caring about how others felt. I began to observe their reactions to things I did and said. I began to be social and "put myself out there". By the time I was in high school, some people would have listed me as an extrovert, but it was all in an effort to learn how to be more people-like and it worked. I don't think I ever lost the Te skills of my childhood. I'm still pretty good at inventing a system and implementing it then observing and measuring it to determine it's effectiveness. So, what's that make me? My friend and I deduced that it can only make me one thing: INFJ w5 will appear quite cerebral much of the time.

Yes, well I guess you're an imaginative person, coming up with novelties and such for a variety of contexts. So as a kid, you were an inventor, and as an adult, you're an author. I sort of did the same thing with legos, and I liked to design my own systems for some RPG video games, but it didn't go much further than that.

So, I told you all that long stuff about me in hopes that it might help you with your self examination and perhaps you will discover that it is a possiblity that maybe you are an MBTI enneagram combo that perhaps pushes you to seem very much like another type. I tell my friend that I'm the closest thing you can be to not being an INFJ and still be one:) He says that I'm just 'atypcial' but I am a quintessential INFJ.

Hmm, it seems very plausible that people in the same type can vibe differently due to other factors, and perhaps even vibe more similarly to people of other types. The dimensions of what makes us who we are clearly seems like a fractal matrix.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

I've found out I have a really strong Ni-Ti loop as well, and the only time I use anything resembling Ne (which I'm pretty sure is me using Fe as an unconscious vehicle with mirror neurons) is during social situations. I have also found out that if your auxiliary function doesn't develop enough then your tertiary can overpower it and begin looping with it or the dominant function. Essentially, I'm an INfJ (function wise) who has an underdeveloped Fe and an overdeveloped Ti, but I act like an INTJ with social skills and Ti. So if you think you are Ti dominant, you could easily be an IsTP with an undeveloped Se and overdeveloped Ni, or if you think you are Ni dominant, you could be an INfJ with underdeveloped Fe.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] the reason I'm not going to elucidate here on the "loops" is because people can see certain qualities, and even understand their internal dynamics, but the way in which people categorize those things, or what boxes they stuff them into may not have the correct titles.

You can observe a crazy prophet on the street for instance with insane visions for what the world shall shape itself to, and realize that the guy has a very vivid imagination. You may even understand that the reason for this is because he's a very introspective guy, likes to construct mental maps of novel designs. But when you actually try to give a name to this phenomenon, you might call it schizotypal personality disorder, even if it's really not.