• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Who thinks I'am an ISTP? Vote for this if you believe it!

Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
One thing maybe influencing me, he uses lots of elaborate language, but I don't know what it is conveying. With an N, I find the idea is usually more complicated than the language, with RW, vice versa.

I think an SP would be more likely to use wordplay, this is why they can make great artists like rappers/poets.

EXACTLY. SPs are great with word play or sensory descriptions, and playing with words I think is an SP thing, I identify myself with a lot of SP authors.

I don't know exactly what type RW is, but I agree with you, I think this is an extrmely salient point.

INTPs are more likely to use specialized academic language rather than doing word play or being especially descriptive, if their words do become complicated. It's almost like some tertiary Si act of pretentiousness, fueled by the Ti need for precision, which is something else (that frankly drives me nuts, I hate to read it).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If there was such thing as a ti ni loop then there would be such thing as an se fe loop, si fi loop, etc.

There is. You seem to be poorly educated on this topic.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
We don't even have to get into action oriented stuff. Those stereotypes aren't even necessary for Se. Se is more about realism. Se "action" runs the whole gamut of tactile thinking. It's tactile in general. All the nitty gritty shit that you probably don't want to think about. I think you might be so removed from it that when you talk about Se, you have to fantasize about "daredevils" and "cowboys" just to make it palpable to yourself. An ISTP could be relatively stationary, but they're hardly going to neglect Se to the point that they're not even grounded in everyday things. That stuff is essential to their peace of mind and way of orienting themselves. And Raptor seems more like someone who can't address many subjects without dramatizing them in some way. This is why I don't think he's a Se user. Not because he's not "action oriented" (I don't know if he is or not).

Yeah he doesn't appear to get excited about sensory things at all, I tend to actually almost have a blatant mistrust of people who have to sci-fi or fantasy role play everything up, it seems nerdy and unnecessary to me, I've always been really turned off by these kinds of constant imaginings ...I have an INFJ friend IRL that I've known since I was about 19, and she has constantly made references to things which don't exist, which is fun for me, it was more fun when it was a novelty, and now I've just accepted it as a part of who she eternally is, but that's the way she lives.

I think there is a strong possibility that RW is some kind of unbalanced Ni dom....however, people with unconscious Ni can believe some pretty bizarre things, but it tends to be what you were talking about earlier, you were so right about Ni filling in the blanks and making you paranoid more about people's subtle intentions in relationships or about concepts you don't understand, so you have to make something up to fill in the blank.

I disagree with your assertion that Ns are more "dramatic" people though. I don't think it's about drama, Se can be very dramatic and in your face by its own right, it just tends to be in a very descriptive or sensory way, I think Ns are more likely to use these really super heavy metaphors for things which could easily be told a different way, like the turning of OMGWTFBBQEVERYGODDAMNTHING into a sci-fi novel or wizard fantasy renn fair story, and this stuff annoys me on such a profound level I don't know if it's just about interests, or that I have too much Se to be able to accept it.

My ESFJ ex didn't like it either, not in any kind of large doses. I tend to watch things and go "this isn't realistic, that's not how that would really happen" when I watch movies.

I think that test of "is this realistic" is either Se or Si at work; though I do like things if I know I'm going into it with a set-up premise of it being a horror movie, for example, because clearly the horror movie "world" is unlike regular life, it's an escape.

But I don't try to horror movie up everything I do and say, and this is where the difference lies, maybe.

I don't know, but I tend to think RW is Ni heavy one way or the other, rather than Ne.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You kind of weird me out with your rambling, and I actually happen to be a person who is interested in things like Eastern mind-body spiritual practices, but it's the way you pontificate about it, it's like you're in some Ni/Ji loop, like you're either not balanced out properly with Te or Se.

It's always fun to blow things up.

I tend to believe you're an introvert having some introverted Ni fine time all by yourself, without consulting any external methodology or verifiable experience.

Indeed, I believe we can 'invent an explanation' for pretty much anything, so that's when thought dynamics and concepts trump the search for truth.

This makes you probably either an ISxP or INxJ.

It makes me ISTP or INTJ.

I really don't think NTP is right for you at all. Anyone who says you are is steretyping you as being a kooky, theoretical N by four letter dichotomies rather than sticking to function theory.

Ya, maybe I'm not logical enough.

KDude

It's always fun to blow things up.

Hey, lets get to that actually. Did you blow things up as a kid? Or were you more imaginary about it?

Seriously. Sometimes it's best to go back to childhood preferences.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Troll harder.

I am not trolling. There is an entire theory about cognitive loops, it's ridiculous to say that Type C members made up Ni/Ti loops and why isn't there Se/Te loops and etc....there is. You're just ignorant of the theory, I am stating a fact.

It's not trolling to point out that your disagreement is based primarily in ignorance of the subject.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I am not trolling. There is an entire theory about cognitive loops, it's ridiculous to say that Type C members made up Ni/Ti loops and why isn't there Se/Te loops and etc....there is. You're just ignorant of the theory, I am stating a fact.

It's not trolling to point out that your disagreement is based primarily in ignorance of the subject.

Shut up already I don't really care if I'm ignorant about the theory what is the point of you bringing up old topics anyways?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Shut up already I don't really care if I'm ignorant about the theory what is the point of you bringing up old topics anyways?

Because it's relevant to the discussion, there's an entire theory of this, maybe you should learn it before telling other people that they're wrong, or claiming you're one of the best typists on the forum.

Even if you disagree with the dom/tert loop theory, it might help if you actually understood it before claiming you know the answer.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Because it's relevant to the discussion, there's an entire theory of this, maybe you should learn it before telling other people that they're wrong, or claiming you're one of the best typists on the forum.

Even if you disagree with the dom/tert loop theory, it might help if you actually understood it before claiming you know the answer.

Where did you get the impression that I don't understand the theory? I said that Typc members tend to talk about it alot. In socionics this thoery wouldn't exist because of the different function order.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Where did you get the impression that I don't understand the theory? I said that Typc members tend to talk about it alot. In socionics this thoery wouldn't exist because of the different function order.

Socionics is a completely different theory. I'm an Si/Fe type in Socionics. An Si dom I know is an Fi/Se type in Socionics.

It's like going to a Christian church and asking them why they don't have Hare Krishna kirtan sessions.

Socionics has its flaws, too, it tries too hard to pin people into relationship interactions.

Vladimir

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Hi, I joined when I saw this thread so I could contribute. (I also read through the thread hoping you've reached a final conclusion)

I'm a 20 y.o. ISTP and I'm studying product design

To help you out, these thing happen to me often, and I think they're telltale of my type:

-I say "Do you smell/hear/see that?" when outside with a group of friends because I smelled/heard/saw something without conscious effort.
-Imperfections in things leap out at you (slightly crooked line, misalignment, something off, grammar, a stain on clothes and such)
-I've been called emotionless and cold (note the called, I certainly am not emotionless or cold)
-often I can sense when a machine is 'suffering' (not working as it should)

As a kid, I:
-took stuff apart AND put it back together for fun. (And still do this sometimes)
-played with LEGOs a lot. Alone.
-tried building a better firecracker by taking the gunpowder out of several and mixing it into one
-built several working RC models of my own design
-rode my bike over every terrain I could as fast as I could (including downstairs)

Now, this is me, and I'm not saying you had to have done these exact things, but ISTPs I know have done something in this fashion.

Hope this helps :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So how long does one stay in the loop? Till they get all dizzy and are like yo fuck these functions.

Yes, exactly. But then they start going through loop withdrawal and start craving froot loops, driving on loops around big cities, and worst of all - dating girls named Lupe. It's a vicious cycle that has no cure and it's EATING OUR SOCIETY ALIVE. :cry:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, exactly. But then they start going through loop withdrawal and start craving froot loops, driving on loops around big cities, and worst of all - dating girls named Lupe. It's a vicious cycle that has no cure and it's EATING OUR SOCIETY ALIVE. :cry:

:sadbanana:

Sometimes my obsession with loops comes out in everyday conversation.

I'm like at the art museum going 'guys, guys, is that painting centered or does it look a little loopsided to you?" or instead of asking to go for a swim in the pool i'm like "ahh need a dip in the loop" and then in the same breath be like "or maybe i'll just cool off with a couple loops of icecream" or walk into the bathroom stall and hear some person like "get the f out of here man i'm taking a loop!" and i'm like "loops!!!! sorry."

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, I joined when I saw this thread so I could contribute. (I also read through the thread hoping you've reached a final conclusion)

The process may never come to closure!

I'm a 20 y.o. ISTP and I'm studying product design

You must know how things tick.

To help you out, these thing happen to me often, and I think they're telltale of my type:

Ok, let's break these down:

-I say "Do you smell/hear/see that?" when outside with a group of friends because I smelled/heard/saw something without conscious effort.

I can't notice minute details in my surrounding worth crap, at least in comparison to how much my other friends/family see.

-Imperfections in things leap out at you (slightly crooked line, misalignment, something off, grammar, a stain on clothes and such)

Well, I guess I am something of a perfectionist, but it's more along the lines of maximizing conceptual achievement, rather than outward order.

-I've
been called emotionless and cold (note the called, I certainly am not emotionless or cold)

Ya, I can look this way too, that is, if I'm not interested in something, or if I haven't adapted to the setting; if I am though, I can be very energized.

-often I can sense when a machine is 'suffering' (not working as it should)

My dad is an ENTP 3w4 mechanic, and when I work with him, I fail to see how anything operates; I always have to be given direction.

As a kid, I:

Oh boy, childhood always brings out our pure and true selves!

-took stuff apart AND put it back together for fun. (And still do this sometimes)

Ya, I took things apart too, but I could never put them back together.

-played with LEGOs a lot. Alone.

Same with me too man, same with me - so many forms to be realized!

-tried building a better firecracker by taking the gunpowder out of several and mixing it into one

I'm too chicken to perform a risk like this, at least a physical one (I will take on 'anyone' though in an argument).

-built several working RC models of my own design

But I don't even know what an RC model is!

-rode my bike over every terrain I could as fast as I could (including downstairs)

Oh I rode my bike plenty of times, and pretty fast too, but never to the point where I could lose control; well, maybe a few times, but not too much.

Now, this is me, and I'm not saying you had to have done these exact things, but ISTPs I know have done something in this fashion.

All in all, I believe I have at least some of the traits you described in yourself, albeit to a lesser extent - but I have some traits of those nonetheless.

Hope this helps :)

Indeed, a crazy guy like me needs lots of help (And by the way, I'm glad my presence on this forum encouraged you to step in).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey dude if you don't notice minute details in your surrounding area, it's highly unlikely you have great Se.

I smell EVERYTHING, I hear EVERYTHING, I sleep with EAR PLUGS, I FORCE PEOPLE TO OPEN WINDOWS.

I notice when people have haircuts, or if the fence that was previously in the back yard is currently missing.

I've actually gotten ANGRY in a restaurant while eating a fabulous meal because they played such horrific music.

I become happy about sunny days, sand under my feet, and nice smelling soaps.

If you don't do this, I doubt Se is a major function for you, with or without fruit-loops.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ALSO

RC means "remote control" or "radio control."

KDude

If a girl is telling you what RC means, there's no hope.

Ditto on knowing your surroundings.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey dude if you don't notice minute details in your surrounding area, it's highly unlikely you have great Se.

I smell EVERYTHING, I hear EVERYTHING, I sleep with EAR PLUGS, I FORCE PEOPLE TO OPEN WINDOWS.

I notice when people have haircuts, or if the fence that was previously in the back yard is currently missing.

I've actually gotten ANGRY in a restaurant while eating a fabulous meal because they played such horrific music.

I become happy about sunny days, sand under my feet, and nice smelling soaps.

If you don't do this, I doubt Se is a major function for you, with or without fruit-loops.

:thumbup:

Agreed. I'm the same way. MH had the windshield wipers on and it wasn't raining enough for them to do anything other than make that God awful noise as it raked across the windshield and I cringed until I couldn't take it anymore and told him to shut it off... He hadn't even noticed it. :shock: