• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] why are people so soft?

Lark

I'm not talking about being a jerk I'm talking more about being adventurous and brave.

Well I'm not sure being soft is the reason people arent adventurous or brave.

I'm not even sure they arent either of those things. Maybe. Maybe not.

Lets say for a moment that people arent as adventurous and brave, why was it different in the past?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, so have I, what has it taught you? I think I remember threads on this topic in the sexuality and mature topics forum.

The instant you know you can't avoid a fight, strike as hard, as fast, and as brutally as you can.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People are soft because they allow fear to control them, rather than motivate them.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't crave risk and adventure like I did in my teens.

Now I'm like, I'm so gonna get those velvet drapes from the Pottery Barn!

I am perpetually on an interior design adventure.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Dune's awesome (can't get into the new sequels though).
I think I gave up after the fourth book or whichever one where the guy turned himself into a sandworm. I have a pretty strong tolerance for weird, but I guess that's where my line is.

KDude

I think I gave up after the fourth book or whichever one where the guy turned himself into a sandworm. I have a pretty strong tolerance for weird, but I guess that's where my line is.

Oh, I liked those sequels. I was talking more about the ones written in recent years by his son. You left the series at an interesting turning point. It turns first book on it's head, but for good reason.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, I liked those sequels. I was talking more about the ones written in recent years by his son. You left the series at an interesting turning point. It turns first book on it's head, but for good reason.
I'll have to add it back to my to-read list, then. There were so many it got overwhelming and I wasn't sure where I was in the story. I do read long, heavy, epic genre fiction, but if I can't see where things are going, I'm likely to give up and pick up something shorter and funnier.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I liked dune messiah & children of dune
Ender's game, I only liked (loved, rather) ender's shadow