• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] why are people so soft?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I bet on the woman deciding then.

Good. Me too.

Difference with you ETPs (yeah, I'm gonna type you E) is you all think you need to be an active/present agent of things. I'm sure that works too (maybe more often), but you can also just hang out at another table, talk to some other people for awhile, enjoy yourself, and still end up connecting with the same girl who had another guy in her face all night.

I won't go into the E typing. But I didn't say I would be in her face all night. I know after 5 seconds whether or not it's leading somewhere.

Not sure how this got started in this thread

Was just my take on the "having fun" part of the OP. A lot of people don't like it when you do. I thought it was relevant.

W

WALMART

Yesterday at work I caught myself thinking these fucking pussies.

I then thought of this thread.

=/

Standuble

Yesterday at work I caught myself thinking these fucking pussies.

I then thought of this thread.

=/

I'm going to be honest with you here Jon but whilst I am willing to sit on the fence and not convince myself that you are also a pussy I am willing to make the assertion that you are "all mouth and no trousers" (as we say here in the UK) which could also translate as "talk the talk but never walk the walk." Perhaps its the 9w8? Inaction on one hand (9) and a small facility for ruthlessly pushing forward to protect the pure weakness which resides within the self (8).

To translate into a language you can understand: I think that whilst you are not a pussy you are no tough guy or strong minded person either. They are not weak and you are not strong.

To tie in my unsolicited ad hominem attack and my answer to the question: the answer is people just don't value the results enough. I have been called a pussy and soft in the past however I have and have had ample opportunities throughout my life in order to be tough minded, assert control and make a play at dominance but the issue is that upon assessment of the potential rewards and potential risks there just was no point. If I made a stand and got into a brawl for no real reason and won, what would I win? A moments glory but at the expense of receiving a black eye and/or broken bones and earning myself a disgruntled opponent who will probably consider revenge for a time. It just makes more sense to be passive, I can continually pursue what I value and if I don't care about the results I will let people off. It's the same for most feelers. However most will bend backwards to avoid having to commit to something they are indifferent or adverse to but don't push them. Pussies are cats and cats can scratch.

W

WALMART

You are correct, [MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION], I have always thought of myself as a rather middle of the road type person.

Standuble

You are correct, [MENTION=14363]Standuble[/MENTION], I have always thought of myself as a rather middle of the road type person.

Oh that's ok then. I was bored and making an attack despite having no idea whether anything I was saying had any basis in reality. Now if only I had fortune enough to accidentally achieve the same tactic on the lottery then I could be a little pussy who drive a Ferrari and accumulate a pitiful collection of thinly-veiled gold diggers.

Good day to you sir and give my regards to the wimps who congregate at your workplace.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Oh that's ok then. I was bored and making an attack despite having no idea whether anything I was saying had any basis in reality. Now if only I had fortune enough to accidentally achieve the same tactic on the lottery then I could be a little pussy who drive a Ferrari and accumulate a pitiful collection of thinly-veiled gold diggers.

Good day to you sir and give my regards to the wimps who congregate at your workplace.

Want some baldness to go with that Ferrari?

Standuble

Want some baldness to go with that Ferrari?

Yes please my old chum. I have a nagging theory (which may be wrong for all I know) is that bald people receive less hassle from the general public and others in general providing they have a) no muscle and b) no tattoos. If they have one or the other they are seen as "tougher" and thus may be at the ass end of competitors seeking to prove their worth. As I have neither if my theory were correct then not only would I receive no hassle but if any one does give me some I have an extremely fast car to escape the scene with. It's a double win for a soft touch.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yes please my old chum. I have a nagging theory (which may be wrong for all I know) is that bald people receive less hassle from the general public and others in general providing they have a) no muscle and b) no tattoos. If they have one or the other they are seen as "tougher" and thus may be at the ass end of competitors seeking to prove their worth. As I have neither if my theory were correct then not only would I receive no hassle but if any one does give me some I have an extremely fast car to escape the scene with. It's a double win for a soft touch.

I like it, a perfect insight and plan.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like soft stuff. mmmmm...soft...

Lark

I Find people now days so boring predictable and unispiring. No body I know likes to have any fun or take any risks. I Only have one friend who is an istj that is always up for new adventures. Do any other sp's relate to this?

I dont think this is accurate at all, I think if anything there's too many "hard" people around and its been made a cultural value to be "hard", as a consequence there's a lot of jerks around who think that being a jerk is an accomplishment and everyone should be like them, kids who're incapable of reasoning and just get huge affective reactions, which they cant handle and then resolve the conflict and internal turmoil with rage and violence, all the while demanding and feeling entitled to unearned respect.

Its individually and socially deletarious, its also totally weak.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
14-henderson-bisping-gif.gif

How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight.

- Tyler Durden

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
99% of people are not exciting.

"I'm a rock climber!" yeah, what. Once a year?

"I went skydiving!" No, you just fell with the actual skydiver you were strapped to and will probably never do so again in your life.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think I've decided that this is a first world problem and probably a middle class and up problem.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I dont think this is accurate at all, I think if anything there's too many "hard" people around and its been made a cultural value to be "hard", as a consequence there's a lot of jerks around who think that being a jerk is an accomplishment and everyone should be like them, kids who're incapable of reasoning and just get huge affective reactions, which they cant handle and then resolve the conflict and internal turmoil with rage and violence, all the while demanding and feeling entitled to unearned respect.

Its individually and socially deletarious, its also totally weak.
I'm not talking about being a jerk I'm talking more about being adventurous and brave.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I've decided that this is a first world problem and probably a middle class and up problem.

Yes. Shits expensive and being bored is free.

Not that I mind a little excitement now and then but knowing how to sit still for five minutes is also a virtue.

Jaguar

Bloody hell. What a bunch of bizarre shit in this thread. Lol.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yes. Shits expensive and being bored is free.

Not that I mind a little excitement now and then but knowing how to sit still for five minutes is also a virtue.
Yeah, that and I know too many people that have to be badasses just to get through a normal day.