• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Anthems

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ooh, "Out in the Country" is my favorite Three Dog Night song. :)

Here was my college anthem:

YouTube

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It still centers me after all these years. The Logical Song may be an anthem for all Ti dominated types, but I think all ISTPs can appreciate the need to live and let live.... or live and let die.

Logical Song? Heard the lyrics? Ti... talking about the world seeming magical early on, and then later asking who they are in the face of all the practicality and clinical behavior people show? Come on, now.

Anyway, more guesses on SP:

YouTube - Duran Duran Wild Boys

YouTube - christopher cross - ride like the wind

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Logical Song? Heard the lyrics? Ti... talking about the world seeming magical early on, and then later asking who they are in the face of all the practicality and clinical behavior people show? Come on, now.
Why does that surprise you? From Lenore Thomson’s definition:
Introverted thinking is a form of mental representation in which every input, every variable, every aspect of things is considered simultaneously and holistically to perceive causal, mathematical, and aesthetic order. What you know by Ti, you know with your hands, your eyes, your muscles, even a tingling sensation "downstairs" because you sense that everything fits. Every variable is fair game to vary, every combination of variables worthy of consideration; the only ultimate arbiter is how well the parts form a unified whole rather than a jumble.

Orienting by Ti, you track causal harmony: you are part of the system, you do your part to fit in with that overall way that things make sense and harmonize. You get into "the flow" or "the zone". You need a gestalt sense of order to know what to do--a sense that you feel in your body, in your mind, in everything at once. "I get it." Without that, you are lost.

For example: You hear a Brahms piece that you've never heard before, and you're sure it's Brahms. How can you tell? You can't name a criterion, like the pitch of the notes, the number of notes, or some simply measurable criterion like that (see extraverted thinking). You know "all at once" because of the way in which the notes all relate to each other. You sense the overall pattern as an indivisible gestalt way in which the music makes sense.
Now the lyrics go:
When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well theyd be singing so happily,
Joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
Logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the worlds asleep,
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man.
Wont you please, please tell me what weve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.
Granted maybe as an ITP and E9, I can appreciate it more than an E5.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why does that surprise you?

Well, I presumed from what I've read that Ti was a highly detached, analytical function that attempts to nonverbally comprehend structure in nature, nitpick, and notice finer nuances in qualities of things. This song isn't very detached... quite the opposite.

Although if you go with Jung's definitions, I suppose the song could be describing the primitive Extraverted characters, or the primordial image rather than Ti itself... don't know what to think, really. It's mainly the "tell me who I am" part that sort of hints it doesn't seem very Ti.

In the end, though... if you're Ti, and you say this is you, who am I to disagree?

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Well, I presumed from what I've read that Ti was a highly detached, analytical function that attempts to nonverbally comprehend structure in nature, nitpick, and notice finer nuances in qualities of things. This song isn't very detached... quite the opposite.

Although if you go with Jung's definitions, I suppose the song could be describing the primitive Extraverted characters, or the primordial image rather than Ti itself... don't know what to think, really. It's mainly the "tell me who I am" part that sort of hints it doesn't seem very Ti.

In the end, though... if you're Ti, and you say this is you, who am I to disagree?
Sorry I was editing my response while you posted Athenian. But to respond to your final sentence, just from your experience on the forums, who has the most trouble determining their true type, which is usually based on external sources. As I stated in my edit, the E9 ITP type will appreciate this more.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Yet Ti is far from being detached from the internal and subjective. It's detached (as are all introverted types per Jung, from the external and objective.

Oh no I like your inquiry, so please give us your thoughts. Based on Jung's assertion of Ti he says:
Whenever the chief value is given to the subjective process, that other kind of thinking arises which stands opposed to extraverted thinking, namely, that purely subjective orientation of thought which I have termed introverted. A thinking arises from this other orientation that is neither determined by objective facts nor directed towards objective data -- a thinking, therefore, that proceeds from subjective data and is directed towards subjective ideas or facts of a subjective character.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bon Jovi - It's my life - This was pretty close to my anthem in high school, and now for that matter.

On a similar note, Freewill is one of my favourite songs by Rush.

jungie

MBTI Type
ENFP
:huh: Huh wha? Sorry, I don't have my NF to SP dictionary handy.

Erm sorry let me explain...
I don't think I've seen a single song I like here. Not a single one!
I was shocked by this btw... No offence, everyone likes what they like.
So let me put my headphones on and retreat into NF where some songs at least I like...
:headphne: >>>> into the sunset

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Erm sorry let me explain...
I don't think I've seen a single song I like here. Not a single one!
Hah... I like most of them, even though I hadn't heard many before. Interesting.