• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Bullshit beware: STP in the house

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From reading this site, I wanted to say how much I appreciate many of the STPs here like [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION], [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION] [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] and others for a unique clarity that cuts directly through social B.S. in various threads. It is done in a positive, clear, direct manner. Does this happen often for STPs? Do you know others that do this or its opposite? I don't want to establish any stereotype, but just wanted to put this out there as a general observation at least here on the site. It is an especially important contribution to many discussions. I've noticed it in particular when the discussion is focused on stereotypes and social imbalances generated by these assumptions.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From reading this site, I wanted to say how much I appreciate many of the STPs here like [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION], @Halla74, [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] and others for a unique clarity that cuts directly through social B.S. in various threads...

Thank you very much, fia! :)

fia said:
...It is done in a positive, clear, direct manner. Does this happen often for STPs?

I am always direct (aka "blunt"- by nature apparently) and for the most part positive, but I have ill-tempered days every once and again.

I strive to be clear. Sometimes I write alot of detail.
My goal in doing so is to try and make-up for the non-verbal cues lost when it's not possible for face to face communication to occur.

This is side effect of me working as a business analyst/ project manager in the I.T. industry for the past 18 years. If all the right details are not considered during the design and development of an information system- then it will not function as needed, and the project will fail, which is an unacceptable outcome.

fia said:
Do you know others that do this or its opposite?

Some of my favorite STP's & why I love their posts are listed below:

[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION]= Wolfy blows me away because he knows something about everything - AND - he has an uncanny ability to cite references that I'd never find on the Interwebz via my typical research methods. Wolfy's posts are always positive, direct, and clear also. :nice:

[MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] = MDP2525 has been my go to resource for years whenever I've needed a head check. She has an amazing ability to filter out B.S. from truth. She's consistently been able to identify situations where I've had a "Captain Obvious" moment - and provided the "missing links" of information I needed to finish solving the dilemma at hand. Thank you! :flowerz:

[MENTION=88]ptgatsby[/MENTION] = The thoughts & writings of ptgatsby simply blow my mind. I am a huge fan of how well ptgatsby conveys huge amounts of technial info, abstract theories, and his own life observations in such detail, and with such clarity. I salute you! :solidarity:

[MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] both are experts at telling it like it is, and without being pretentious. You both rock! :rock:

Yes, there are lots of other AWSM STP-peeps I want to offer kudos to, but my lunch break is almost over. Please know you all have my respect. :pumpyouup:

fia said:
I don't want to establish any stereotype, but just wanted to put this out there as a general observation at least here on the site.

Absolutely!
Observations are awesome, thamk you for offering yours, fia. :happy:

fia said:
It is an especially important contribution to many discussions. I've noticed it in particular when the discussion is focused on stereotypes and social imbalances generated by these assumptions.

One of the things I do regularly in my woek (and that I looove doing, BTW) is facilitate meetings.

I sincerely love working with people.
I also love drawing pictures.
I also love solving problems.

Give me a room full of confused people, a whiteboard, and some dry erase markers - and I will talk them through their differences, solve their business problem, and send them back to their desks smiling.

I have nerves of steel, I am always listening, and I am always thinking.
I've also learned how command a room and keep people focused.
When differences arise (they always do) I draw a picture of each person's preferred solution on the board, and then I point out the similarities and the differences.
Then I begin drawing a compromise solution step by step, asking for feedback along the way, and a few minutes later - the problem is solved. :newwink:

Have a great day!

:cheers:

-Halla74

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd personally add [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] to the list. And yes, STPs do have a way of cutting the fat and immediately presenting that which I find difficult to pinpoint on my own.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow. Thank you [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]

[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION]. I really think it's about building up from simplicity rather than breaking a complicated issue down. I suppose it's natural for STPs to start from scratch and zero in on the PROBLEM and implement an efficient response that goes more toward solving the issue and moving on than adding complexity or endless what ifs to it. That also prevents one from falling into the pre existing bias that's ingrained in most issues.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd personally add [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] to the list. And yes, STPs do have a way of cutting the fat and immediately presenting that which I find difficult to pinpoint on my own.

whatever considers having an MBTI type to be bullshit, however, if forced to choose a group who she'd prefer to associate with she'll choose the STPs because, as a group, she wishes to punch them less than just about anyone else :)

KDude

whatever considers having an MBTI type to be bullshit, however, if forced to choose a group who she'd prefer to associate with she'll choose the STPs because, as a group, she wishes to punch them less than just about anyone else :)

Just don't punch me in the stomach right now.

Thanks [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just don't punch me in the stomach right now.

Thanks [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]

you have yet to say something particularly asinine :cheese:

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes STP's directness can be really refreshing. And with your predominant S you guys tend to have a good idea of how much to 'pour it on' or ease back, depending on how others are doing as part of the conversation.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Why, thank you [MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]!

My theory is that the kind of person who would identify as STP here (in a sea of N identified people...identified being the key word) is more likely to be free of the kind of tawdry intellectual conceits that clog discussions like so much doo doo in a drain pipe. [BEHOLD, FOUL PEOPLE: An S used a simile!]

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd personally add [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] to the list.

+1,000! :solidarity:

To [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION], How many times have I read here that:

(1) We're "twins" :cheers:
(2) We use the same amount of emoticons in our posts. :yesss:

LOL! :hifive:

A big, huge thank you goes from me to you for many reasons.
First, thank you for being able to cheer me up whenever I've been bummed out, or simply pissed off. :hug:
You have a great ability to point out the cheerier side of life while still reserving the right to punch some of it in the face. :rock:
Thanks for being as funny as you are and making me laugh my hiney off over and over again!!! :laugh:
Thank you for sharing your life experience to give me concrete, tangible examples that I can relate to while sifting through my own vortex. :holy:

You are nothing short of a stupendously AWSM person; thank you for you. :solidarity:

And lo and behold, the STPs are grateful to have the lowest probability of being smitten by whatever's knockout punch! :2ar15:

Thanks fia and Halla74

You're welcome, KDude! :hifive:

Sometimes STP's directness can be really refreshing. And with your predominant S you guys tend to have a good idea of how much to 'pour it on' or ease back, depending on how others are doing as part of the conversation.

Hey Craic! :happy:
I have 3 (verified) ENTP friends, all of whom I've worked with and also hung out with.
From what I can tell, ENTPs are pretty direct too. :cheese:
I appreciate the fact that ENTPs can be direct and also creative and inventive all in the same swoop.
Y'all are awesome. :cool:

Why, thank you fiaand Halla74!

You're welcome, Orangey! :hifive:

My theory is that the kind of person who would identify as STP here (in a sea of N identified people...identified being the key word) is more likely to be free of the kind of tawdry intellectual conceits that clog discussions like so much doo doo in a drain pipe. [BEHOLD, FOUL PEOPLE: An S used a simile!]

LOL! :laugh:

How awesome to associate personality theory with doo doo analogies!!! :rofl1:

Off to work I go now. :harley:

Have a great day, everyone!

:solidarity:

-Halla74

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Damn I thought this thread was going to be about how STP's are the ultimate bullshitters.:mrtoothy:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
[MENTION=88]ptgatsby[/MENTION] = The thoughts & writings of ptgatsby simply blow my mind. I am a huge fan of how well ptgatsby conveys huge amounts of technial info, abstract theories, and his own life observations in such detail, and with such clarity. I salute you! :solidarity:

Thanks Halla, although I think you are too kind :D

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've also learned how command a room and keep people focused.
When differences arise (they always do) I draw a picture of each person's preferred solution on the board, and then I point out the similarities and the differences.
Then I begin drawing a compromise solution step by step, asking for feedback along the way, and a few minutes later - the problem is solved. :newwink:

That's a very worthwhile skill to have.

netzealot

redundant descriptor
MBTI Type
ISTP
BS-paranoid confirmation bias creates more BS than it prevents.