• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Where do I find other SPs IRL? (bit of vent)

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm guessing the smarter SP's with more self-control mistype as NP's or even SJ's at times.

I don't think many people really want to be seen as a type who's stereotyped as impulsive, opportunistic, poor at planning, and struggles with learning. So if they can look like another type, they probably will.

I'm also thinking that many of them like to avoid civilization so they can be "wild." I think a lot of them are in biker gangs.

Not that SP's actually have all these problems, but it's easy to get that impression from the profiles.

Where does it say that SPs struggle with learning?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah but that's not learning in general, it's "route and abstract classroom learning."

N types would have trouble picking up on details and memorizing stuff just like S types would have trouble learning unless there was a lot of concrete examples of the concept at hand.

Last edited:

alicia91

Alicia you should take up cycling. Road biking. Not an impact sport like running, it's great for your body with relatively little wear and tear... you can feel like you're flying.... and any sport is likely to have a few SPs around (for the times you don't want to solo ride but instead socialize). I will help you pick a perfect bike as I'm pretty much a certified expert. This is how you will find your SPs. Decided!

You know that it might not be a bad idea to try cycling. Funny that you should mention it. My husband is actually a former competitive road rider who now competes in mountain bike races and rides the local Velodrome. I'm actually fairly athletic, even at my age so as long as my husband doesn't try to 'teach' me inititally, then it might work out. My ENTJ husband isn't a good teacher for me at all.

Yep, taking up a sport might be the answer. :yes:

They're all at my house playing guitar hero and painting. Wanna come?

We have Guitar Hero, but I'd better practice some more before I come over - my songs still FAIL. LOL

The smarter SP's mistype as NT's or whatever this means

Yes, they do. I did. For quite some time I thought I was INTJ. :huh:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
According to Tieger & Barron, the breakdown of the types is:

SJ- 46%
SP- 27%
NF- 16%
NT- 10%

Seems about right, but how come I can't meet more SPs? Where are they? Do all SPs become SJs when they mature? (just kidding but.........)
Actually statistics are broken down by simple dichotomies, which make no sense since when you say introvert or extravert you are adding are merely breaking down cognitive functions by their attitudes. If Ni is supposedly the rarest type and Si the most plentiful, how does one discern them by merely using E/I? As I stated in a thread started recently, Jung concluded that cognitive functions are disseminated equally.

Myers-Briggs even admitted that cognitive functions may not be genetic for some, but a product of their environment in saying, "Western civilization has inclined men toward thinking, women toward feeling, and both sexes toward extraversion and the judging attitude. The pressure of outer circumstances itself would seem to be toward sensing. Thus, anyone who came into the world as a clean slate would be likely to be marked ESTJ or ESFJ fairly promptly by the collective slate pencil, which may explain why there are so many ESTJs and ESFJs in the general population."

Back to your inquiry Alicia, I think that in comparison to when I initially started posing on the Yahoo Groups and type forums years ago, there are quite a few that are now admitting that they

alicia91

I simply don't know enough about MBTI or Jung's theory to know who is correct about type distribution. All I know, is that around here the ladies that I meet close to my age (say 35-45) are very traditional, conservative Talbot-wearing, Christians who love pot-luck dinners (Ok I'm exaggerating, but only a little) and are very competitive. They also love scrapbooking. I find it hard to relate to these types. Not only that, if you don't share these values they see you as not having 'good values.'

Back to your inquiry Alicia, I think that in comparison to when I initially started posing on the Yahoo Groups and type forums years ago, there are quite a few that are now admitting that they

............... (are SP's?;) )

Usehername

On a mission
You know that it might not be a bad idea to try cycling. Funny that you should mention it. My husband is actually a former competitive road rider who now competes in mountain bike races and rides the local Velodrome. I'm actually fairly athletic, even at my age so as long as my husband doesn't try to 'teach' me inititally, then it might work out. My ENTJ husband isn't a good teacher for me at all.

That's pretty cool... pretty much DONE. DO IT. Buy the bike. Bike prices will be higher in 2009 (my boss already has the pricing from companies) due to shipping increases (because of gas) to make/distribute the bikes. Peak year for buying; technology of women's specific (it's NOT just a paint job difference, let me tell you!!!!!!) and pricing value. You won't regret it. You know you won't! You don't have to ride with your husband if he's being bossy. :yes:

(It used to be just a paint job difference. Now they modify the geometry, top tube length is shorter, shorter cranks, narrower bars, women's specific saddle to accomodate for wider hips so you're bearing your weight on your bones as opposed to soft tissue...) I'll help you pick a bike. You won't regret it. Your husband can teach your basic maintenance or do it for you. :)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think to find SP as they get into 30s and 40s, you'd need to go hang out on playgrounds and little league areas and such. They are probably all out playing with their own children.

That's me, right there. I'm a single dad, most of my life revolves around my son and his activities. So I have that and work..oh i do go out some, usually to the movies or stuff like bowling or to sporting events not involving my son. Every once in awhile I even go to church. ;)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Nascar, monster truck, WWE events?
Shooting ranges, dart night at the pub?
Art schools, the gym?

alicia91

Nascar, monster truck, WWE events?
Shooting ranges, dart night at the pub?
Art schools, the gym?

Other than the gym, I don't like any of those things! Hate to say cause I'm not a snob, but I like more sophisticated pursuits, maybe wine-making, taking a gourmet cooking class, reading (Anne Rice and Stephen King are favorites), photography, working on restoration projects, learning photoshop, birdwatching (don't do this but would like to), hiking. OK -- I just gave myself some ideas.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Most of my friends are SPs.

I've met them at music events (especially volunteering to help out throwing concerts), art events, at the gym or just taking classes together at college. I used to work with a bunch of SPs, and I noticed that a lot of them had in common a military background.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
According to Tieger & Barron, the breakdown of the types is:

SJ- 46%
SP- 27%
NF- 16%
NT- 10%

Seems about right, but how come I can't meet more SPs? Where are they? Seems like EVERYONE I meet is an SJ. Don't get me wrong I have many SJ friends but I feel a particular connection with other SPs and I have trouble finding them. Two of my closest friends are SPs, and when we met we immediately bonded, and I have plenty of SP family (but they live far away), but that's about it.

So where in the suburban midwest do SPs congregate? Certainly not in my neighborhood, the PTA, the church. I think I knew more of them in college but they must have grown up? LOL

Do all SPs become SJs when they mature? (just kidding but.........)

So this is why I tolerate %90 of person but enjoy the company of %10.
SP's I usually find at parties and bars.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I'm guessing the smarter SP's with more self-control mistype as NP's or even SJ's at times.

I don't think many people really want to be seen as a type who's stereotyped as impulsive, opportunistic, poor at planning, and struggles with learning. So if they can look like another type, they probably will.

I'm also thinking that many of them like to avoid civilization so they can be "wild." I think a lot of them are in biker gangs.

Not that SP's actually have all these problems, but it's easy to get that impression from the profiles.

Biker gangs! Where?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Most of my friends are SPs.

I've met them at music events (especially volunteering to help out throwing concerts), art events, at the gym or just taking classes together at college. I used to work with a bunch of SPs, and I noticed that a lot of them had in common a military background.

Definitely. About 80% of my friends are SPs.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I have no problem being seen as any of those things. They're all true! And I'm actually pretty good at accepting reality. :)

I am making some strides in the planning areas, though. Last year when I went to Disneyworld with my son, I made a tentative plan for exploring the parks since we only had two days there. Day 1 we stayed pretty much on schedule, day 2 it all went off track and we did way too much wandering around in the heat, but hey, day 1! :D

Of course this year I went back to sucking as I was responsible for planning my son's birthday party which is tomorrow and I don't know if anyone's gonna show up. :cry:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
IMO, it's far worse to worry about the future to the detriment of the present than to simply enjoy the "moment". The only reason I worry about the future is to preserve my freedom and allow me to enjoy life.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTPs can be found doing various activities like jumping over something on a motorcycle, fighting ninjas, blowing stuff up, and other activities you would see in an action film