• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Where do I find other SPs IRL? (bit of vent)

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTPs can be found doing various activities like jumping over something on a motorcycle, fighting ninjas, blowing stuff up, and other activities you would see in an action film

Correct :D...I did two of those so far this weekend, anyone want to find me some ninjas to fight?

Unique

I'm guessing the smarter SP's with more self-control mistype as NP's or even SJ's at times.

I don't think many people really want to be seen as a type who's stereotyped as impulsive, opportunistic, poor at planning, and struggles with learning. So if they can look like another type, they probably will.

I'm also thinking that many of them like to avoid civilization so they can be "wild." I think a lot of them are in biker gangs.

Not that SP's actually have all these problems, but it's easy to get that impression from the profiles.

This post has a huge amount of truth to it but I for one am not going to stand down cause of stereotypes. SPs are extremely smart just not in the traditional schooling way but guess what? Statistically speaking School doesn't = Success.

Hell just look at the rich and the famous.

Be proud to be SP my friends!

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
This post has a huge amount of truth to it but I for one am not going to stand down cause of stereotypes. SPs are extremely smart just not in the traditional schooling way but guess what? Statistically speaking School doesn't = Success.

Very, very correct. The same year I was getting D's in school, I managed to get, and hold down a technical job normally held by someone in college or above....and I was 16.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm I find SP's everywhere. I can't even say a particular place. They're just like everywhere.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^But I think they're right, the classier and more intelligent ones would be harder to type.. a bad sp is much easier to spot then a well balanced one :)

alicia91

I still have only met ONE obvious SP around here - places that I frequent, neighbors, PTA, church, etc. I've met a few ISTJs and I get along fabulously with them so I guess they'll have to do (just kidding!).

I'm mainly a stay-at-home mom these days and tend to hang out with other SAHMs so perhaps SPs don't make up a huge portion of that population.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I'm guessing the smarter SP's with more self-control mistype as NP's or even SJ's at times.

I don't think many people really want to be seen as a type who's stereotyped as impulsive, opportunistic, poor at planning, and struggles with learning. So if they can look like another type, they probably will.

I'm also thinking that many of them like to avoid civilization so they can be "wild." I think a lot of them are in biker gangs.

Not that SP's actually have all these problems, but it's easy to get that impression from the profiles.

Ouch. They also take cricisms quite personally ><

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still have only met ONE obvious SP around here - places that I frequent, neighbors, PTA, church, etc. I've met a few ISTJs and I get along fabulously with them so I guess they'll have to do (just kidding!).

I'm mainly a stay-at-home mom these days and tend to hang out with other SAHMs so perhaps SPs don't make up a huge portion of that population.

hmm.. I don't know! That is an interesting point... "stay at home momming" does sound like an SJ thing but SP's are bound to eventually have kids and settle down too... Or maybe not. You would think there would be at least a few!!

alicia91

Yes, that's probably it - most of the SAHMs are SJs - especially SFJs. Almost every woman that I deal with is SFJ.

I hadn't planned on being a SAHM either, heck, I didn't see myself with three kids! But through a series of circumstances.....here I am.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol.. an SP stay at home mom. But only by accident.

alicia91

Two of my children had serious developmental delays/medical issues and I was just too busy to deal with a career at the same time.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of my friends are SPs.

I've met them at music events (especially volunteering to help out throwing concerts), art events, at the gym or just taking classes together at college. I used to work with a bunch of SPs, and I noticed that a lot of them had in common a military background.

yes! you're gonna find SPs a lot within the music scenes. not so much in the emotional type scenes (emo,soft rock or whatever), but more so in the crass in your face types like punk, thrash, hardcore, gangsta rap even lol, at least in my oppinion. also in any other scene that sounds like it's got colorful, sultry, thick sounds like big band'ish, old 20s-40s or old school folk/country. i'm not just talking about finding ISFPs but i'm usually around a lot of xSTPs as well.

*update* well, seeing that you're a stay at home mom i should give you other options for finding SPs...just understand that SPs are very "hands on" individuals. You could find them anywhere, I'm sure, but a sure way might be to look at all "hands on" type activities. I feel a lot of musicians could be SPs, in particular drummers for example, because the instrument in itself offers a physical type challenge. Just look for people that like to and would rather be "doing something" than "thinking of doing something." A lot of handymen types are also xSTPs from my experience. They like fixing things and just working on things gives them a sense of accomplishment.

SFPs will def be a bit more emotional so may be better found in the arts and entertainment types of activities. STPs perhaps in the more adventurous less emotive type things, auto mechanics, carpenters, contractors, bikers, extreme sports...eh, just my 2 cents.

Last edited: