• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Philosophers

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Diogenes ESTP
St. Francis ISFP
Rousseau ISFP
Carl Jung ISTP
Bruce Lee ISTP
Obviously there are not too many of them but if you know of any others who at least might be real SP philosophers do not hesitate to report your opinion. Personally I find it to be a very bad joke that there are so many philosophers types as INTP and hardly one is typed ISTP meaning either ISTPs don't do philosophy or that there is a dang large amount of ISTP philosphers mistyped as INTP. Tell me what you people think about this. Thanks!

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carl Jung typed himself as an intuitive of the thinking variety in his own system, psychological types which mbti is based on...ruling out ISTP. I have no idea where you got that idea from. I hope you are trolling.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Carl Jung typed himself as an intuitive of the thinking variety in his own system, psychological types which mbti is based on...ruling out ISTP. I have no idea where you got that idea from. I hope you are trolling.

http://www.celebritytypes.com/blog/2012/02/jung-identified-himself-as-both-intp-and-istp/

In the above link Jung identified himself as both INTP and ISTP.

I most certainly was characterized by Thinking … and I had a great deal of iNtuition, too. And I had a definite difficulty with Feeling. And my relation to reality was not particularly brilliant. … I was often at variance with the reality of things. Now that gives you all the necessary data for diagnosis. [pp. 435-6]

As a natural scientist, thinking and sensation were uppermost in me and intuition and feeling were in the unconscious and contaminated by the collective unconscious. [Princeton University Press 1991 edition, p. 69]

Crafter

MBTI Type
ISTP
I can be mistyped as INTP depending on my mood. When taking cognitive functions tests I shift between INTP and ISTP, where ISTPs description is the most accurate.

MBTI Type
Mann
I don't really share what I think about. Might be why you don't see many famous ISP out there in philosophy.