• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Barack Obama - ISTP.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a hard time believing ISTPs would get into politics as a career. Not saying its impossible but it sort of is about artifice. That's Kryptonite to most ISTPs.

agreed

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=512]Nocapszy[/MENTION] I mean, politicking is so...it's not enjoyable. Out of any job that would be always on the bottom. Dealing with people? Pleasing factions? Big no thanks!! It's almost an affront to who or what I stand for.

R

Riva

I disagree with Obama being typed as an ISTP.

A J type maybe? I was thinking ENFJ. He definitely has the cult leader aura to himself. The cult leader aura of course is not limited to ENFJs I know. Infact even an ISTP could easily pull it off since they are ISTPs. But an ENFJ cult leader and an ISTP cult leader would be completely different. One/ENFJ would lead with inspiration and emotional swaying (Fe+Ni) and the other with performer popularity and pragmatism (Se+Fe). Obama seems to be the inspirational cloud pleaser whom cannot be denied and be thrown a deaf ear at.

Hmmm... I came here to say that Obama is no ISTP but ended up writing the differences between different types of cult leaders.

I have a hard time believing ISTPs would get into politics as a career. Not saying its impossible but it sort of is about artifice. That's Kryptonite to most ISTPs.

I mean, politicking is so...it's not enjoyable. Out of any job that would be always on the bottom. Dealing with people? Pleasing factions? Big no thanks!! It's almost an affront to who or what I stand for.

Is John McCain not an ISTP? I have seen him been typed as an INTP mostly though. It is always a sad sight to see it so. Then again I know very little about JM. So I could be shedding a tear for all the wrong reasons.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. It's impossible to type someone in the public eye.

I agree with this too. I have no idea how some of you lot feel you can 100% accurately type someone based on the public image that a famous person portrays, having never met or spent any time with this person.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
[MENTION=512]Nocapszy[/MENTION] I mean, politicking is so...it's not enjoyable. Out of any job that would be always on the bottom. Dealing with people? Pleasing factions? Big no thanks!! It's almost an affront to who or what I stand for.

that doesn't mean that another ISTP couldn't find something enjoyable about it.
i know more than one ISTP who gets off on manipulating people. the one i have in mind thinks of herself as some kind of trickster. she says she likes to "watch people jump."
she's still introverted and spends most of her time alone and avoiding people, but she's still good at what she does.

the fact is that even ISTPs have to interact a lot of the time. as long as that's true, why couldn't they use their natural typological preferences and built in skills for analysis et al. to climb the political ladder?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that doesn't mean that another ISTP couldn't find something enjoyable about it.
i know more than one ISTP who gets off on manipulating people. the one i have in mind thinks of herself as some kind of trickster. she says she likes to "watch people jump."
she's still introverted and spends most of her time alone and avoiding people, but she's still good at what she does.

the fact is that even ISTPs have to interact a lot of the time. as long as that's true, why couldn't they use their natural typological preferences and built in skills for analysis et al. to climb the political ladder?

Because there is to much Deflection and Smoke.

ok...simple example that drives me nuts. EVERYONE bashes obama about this countries outcome...what happened to balance of power? I asked the 2 people in the room and they said when the same group controls multiple parts of the government its not really balanced...then why blame a single person for everything? Sounds like a bunch of crappy deflection where everyone has an opinion, yet no one can get things right according to all the hoopla. Why would I even want to be at the top of that crap?

I stay out of it because its nothing more then a balancing act that people cant seem to get right. We have so many "thinktanks" in the US yet we have so many issues. We have so many people who KNOW what we need to do yet all people do is bitch about what screwed up. Yeah, sign me up right now.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5739]poki[/MENTION]. Exactly! ISTPs run from that mess.
[MENTION=512]Nocapszy[/MENTION] you're friend may be good at manipulation but she's in control of her actions. She's calling those shots. I guarantee you she's doing that with a few ppl. Put her in a larger more populated group who alternately hate and love her and she has to bring them together, I bet she'd run the other way.

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
He is not a feeler, it's part of the delusion. he is definitely a "INT" definitely. No doubt about that in my research and my brief moment meeting him.

R

Riva

Yeah.

Obama's cool.

I meant relate to his personality.

Typing Obama as an ENTP is hilarious. I would like to see how you/anyone would defend that claim.

Since it seems like a hard thing to do, that's why I asked you whether you as an xNTP could relate to his personality at all/even-a-bit?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I meant relate to his personality.

Typing Obama as an ENTP is hilarious. I would like to see how you/anyone would defend that claim.

Since it seems like a hard thing to do, that's why I asked you whether you as an xNTP could relate to his personality at all/even-a-bit?
Of course.

He's got the gift of the gab and it's like he likes public speaking too, or atleast, puts his points across well, talking to an audience.

R

Riva

Of course.

He's got the gift of the gab and it's like he likes public speaking too, or atleast, puts his points across well, talking to an audience.

Gift of gab and public liking/desire-of public speaking are not unique to ENTPs.

If you can't distinguish between an ENTP and what-ever his type is and claim to be able to relate to him maybe you are not an xNTPs to begin with. Maybe an INTP but not an ENTP.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gift of gab and public liking/desire-of public speaking are not unique to ENTPs.

Well yeah, there's that, but there's also
"Google told me."
:)

According to what I found on Google, most of it says he's ENTP.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would like to see how you/anyone would defend that claim.

You are asking for too much :D

Why do you think he's not an ISTP?

I see inferior Fe and dom Ti. Don't think there is any arguing here.

I don't see Ne thus I infer that the long-term N is Ni and the well-put together demeanor and controlled movements are from Se.