• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why is ISTP like NT?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kinda gatecrashing this thread but am just wondering out of interest, how would the Ni_Ti play out in an INFJ? Why do you think this function combination is a set-up for madness? What does it do? Do we need the other functions to balance it out? (in the case of an INFJ Fe and Se)

Let's see what these INFJs on my friends list think: [MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] [MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=14469]Manifold[/MENTION]

Do any of you have any thoughts on the NiTi loop thing that you could enlighten Lightyear about?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A good friend of mine is ANTP (Ambivert-NTP).
We are frighteningly similar.
Another very good friend of mine is an ENTP.
Again, the two of us in the same room is like a cloning project gone haywire.
From what I can tell, there is a certain resonance among "TP" types that is very consistent.

:solidarity:

-Halla74

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's see what these INFJs on my friends list think: [MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] [MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=14469]Manifold[/MENTION]

Do any of you have any thoughts on the NiTi loop thing that you could enlighten Lightyear about?

Um. I guess I use it mostly in interpersonal relationships, especially romantic ones. You know, when you go round and round ad nauseum wondering where something went awry?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

All I know is I've apparently been in one my whole life, since I like Ti types of activities so much and started out Fe retarded. I don't really know about them, actually. After converting to INFJ I kind of got burned out, so I haven't read about it, or much about inferior Se.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I think it is more along the lines of which one you're most familiar with using.

Hmmm...but why? I have plenty of reason to use Si in day to day life, perhaps I use it "more often" then Ne, out of necessity. Also Se, in that I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, I played sport my whole life - so it had a "chance" to develop...but truth is that while I can "survive" at it when I need to, it takes me a massive effort to do so, and then I will need a break. It just feels like a "relief" to get back to Ne/Ti. So it's not lack of "practice".

I should clarify, I believe we use 8 functions, 4 conscious and 4 "shadow", so when I say I use Se, I mean, unconsciously.

In any case, I see how an ISTP could get into a "loop" of being very intellectual and abandon their Se for a time, but I think when called upon they would be able to show great Se. It would be more like a decision to "rest" from using Se for a while, just as I do when I get introvert, tired of the world, and "rest" from using Ne for a while. But I know it's only temporary.

Um. I guess I use it mostly in interpersonal relationships, especially romantic ones. You know, when you go round and round ad nauseum wondering where something went awry?

You should've used the cuffs:laugh:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay [MENTION=4532]Lightyear[/MENTION] some folks answered your question and more are probably coming too so stay tuned to the activity of this thread if you so desire.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

Sorry, to be so slow in answering. I only just now saw the post but would like to take a stab at answering.

Hmmm....I think it's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together. All the pieces are scattered out on the table. Ti examines each piece, noting its shape, size and color while Ni looks at the box to see what the big picture is supposed to look like and instinctiviely knows how placing a certain piece in a certain place is going to contribute to the overall picture.

A personal example would be from my childhood. As a child I went out roaming the woods to gather specimens. I gathered rocks, plants and acquatic wildlife. I had myself a make-shift lab set up in an old slave's wash house behind our main house [I grew up in a delapidated plantation home...kind of cool]. I had made myself shelves in there from boards and cement blocks. On these shelves I lined my specimens and labeled them. I took notes on them. This was Ti at work. However, when I would do experiments on my aquatic life specimens and try to predict the outcome, this was Ni at work. Here's a great example of Ni at work. There is a game called Phase II that is a step beyond Trivial Pursuit. In this game you answer a bunch of seemingly unrelated questions, then based on their answers you must make an inutitive connection to deduct an answer. That game is kind of like how Ti and Ni play out together. Now, Ni can also work in conjunction with Fe to help determine how a particular course of actions or spoken words are going to influence another person.

Oh, here's another example of Ni and Ti at work, ever watch the remake of Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr.? I know it's a simplistic example but the way he keeps imagining different ways a scenario will play out is kind of like how I think Ni works. Of course in real life, it's on a much more realistic level, but that's kind of the jist of it.

Okay, hope this made some sense or at least helped you see it from another angle and that's kind of what INFJ Ti and Ni do, help the user see from different angles.

Also, RW, I do want to reply to your What is Raptor Wizard's Type but I need to watch your videos and read more of your posts to do that. I do intend to get back to you on it though. See? You've gotten me curious:)