• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Ideas for engaging Se (specifically in an ISFP)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What sorts of ideas would you recommend for engaging Se, to rekindle a romantic interest? I made a mistake of thinking a smart and quiet ISFP was an INTJ, and tried to engage her Ni....which just made her doom and gloom Fi/Ni loop forever, and totally crumbled an amazing relationship.

I am just looking for good Se engaging ideas, anything that really pulls you into the moment intensely (and might overcome a falling out of sorts, but not a total falling out).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's bizarro why don't you relate to her as an actual person rather than a particular function user.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What sorts of ideas would you recommend for engaging Se, to rekindle a romantic interest? I made a mistake of thinking a smart and quiet ISFP was an INTJ, and tried to engage her Ni....which just made her doom and gloom Fi/Ni loop forever, and totally crumbled an amazing relationship.

I am just looking for good Se engaging ideas, anything that really pulls you into the moment intensely (and might overcome a falling out of sorts, but not a total falling out).

Talk about food. Watch cooking shows together.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I did (relate to her as a person), specifically to her values. However, that will only build friendship at this point, in my opinion. But she's a type 6 enneagram, and as soon as the focus went off her Se, she started doom and glooming (was also sick with cysts so that didn't help). So I am trying to think of good Se activities to go with my natural Ne charm.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Help her focus on physical activity that she enjoys. Often isfps enjoy a specific more low key sport or a hike into nature

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why don't you tell us what you actually did to make her "doom and gloom", and then we can give you suggestions for how to fix it.

if you had a "falling out", rollerblading or something isn't magically going to solve that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Take her out to a restaurant with great food and atmosphere. Go to the beach or for a bike ride in nature. Go play skee ball together and ride the rides at an amusement park. Do something sexually spontaneous. Go to a history or art museum and talk about tangible things, like works of art or historic events (or culture or costume or etc.)

Depends on her interests, but any of those are more Se than Ni.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Talk about food. Watch cooking shows together.

I actually like to do this. And then spontaneously go to the grocery store and buy ingredients for a dinner that night based on something I saw on the show.

KDude

If she's an ISFP, she'll engage her own Se... and if she likes you, she'll drag you along. Not the other way around.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If she's an ISFP, she'll engage her own Se... and if she likes you, she'll drag you along. Not the other way around.

Not necessarily if she's in an Fi/Ni loop and/or he insists on being boring and sitting in a room and talking about physics whenever he's with her.

KDude

Not necessarily if she's in an Fi/Ni loop and/or he insists on being boring and sitting in a room and talking about physics whenever he's with her.

I don't think physics would necessarily spark anything negative. It's Te that put IFPs in stress. Dry, heirarchal, business like atmospheres. Places where Fi gets a blank stare for how they even address anything. ENTP isn't hung up on the same things that hit their weak points. Generally they'd give even boring subjects a fun, experimental spin.

Anyways, he hasn't explained what happened. Maybe it isn't type related. My only point is that you don't get someone to do something they're already good at. If they're already that way, then they bring it out in you instead.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think physics would necessarily spark anything negative. It's Te that put IFPs in stress. Dry, heirarchal, business like atmospheres. Places where Fi gets a blank stares for how they even address anything. ENTP isn't hung up on the same things that hit their weak points. Generally they'd give even boring subjects a fun, experimental spin.

Anyways, he hasn't explain what happened. My only point is that you don't get someone to do something they're already good at. If they're already that way, then they bring it out in you instead. Maybe in MBTI the extroverts think they're the catalyst, but they probably should get over themselves.

Yeah well I don't do well in any structured, corporatesque environment, so I think that's typical to FP, but anyway the way I interpreted his post, he wants the ISFP to actually enjoy his company, and that was why I was making those suggestions; otherwise she might perceive him as boring, and maybe that's why he sees her as being in distress in some way. Maybe she can engage in Ni activities as a relief-function kind of thing, but if he pushes it on her all the time, she may find him dull and yeah she could get grumpier in his company.

KDude

Yeah well I don't do well in any structured, corporatesque environment, so I think that's typical to FP, but anyway the way I interpreted his post, he wants the ISFP to actually enjoy his company, and that was why I was making those suggestions; otherwise she might perceive him as boring, and maybe that's why he sees her as being in distress in some way. Maybe she can engage in Ni activities as a relief-function kind of thing, but if he pushes it on her all the time, she may find him dull and yeah she could get grumpier in his company.

Personally, I don't see how an ENTP could be boring. I could see how they'd be annoying or disrespectful, and invasive enough to spark a fight, but never boring. Even Stephen Hawking is pretty funny, and he doesn't even talk or move.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Personally, I don't see how an ENTP could be boring. I could see how they'd be annoying or disrespectful, and invasive enough to spark a fight, but never boring. Even Stephen Hawking is pretty funny, and he doesn't even talk or move.

Yeah well maybe they're fighting because he ALWAYS wants to debate ideas (thus the gloom and falling out) and instead of being bored, she's just sick of him because all he wants to do is debate, and maybe if they did some fun activities together instead, and just enjoyed doing things, maybe they'd get along better.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually like to do this. And then spontaneously go to the grocery store and buy ingredients for a dinner that night based on something I saw on the show.

You often sound like my wife, except for your posting style which is highly intellectual while hers is highly sociable and jokey.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You often sound like my wife, except for your posting style which is highly intellectual while hers is highly sociable and jokey.

Because my posting style is never, ever sociable or jokey.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Keep things light, playful and fun.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get her to play with words, specifically the kind of play known as Spoonerism.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Whatever you do, never say this kind of gobbledegook around her.