• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] Lets get some ESFP appreciation going

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm really getting quite sick of the stereotyping ESFP's as morons who just wanna have fun.

Ok so we have a whole bunch of N's (yah S's too, you don't get away scott free) claiming that there is the N bias and the vast majority self type or re-type as N's because of this and many are infact mistyped etc.

But really these same N's display nuances that go against their supposed views, in short, hypocrisy. They too are blameworthy of the bias.

Phrases such as....

"Oh i love ESFP's they really know how to live in the moment"
"I wish i had their carefree attitude"
"There are plenty of intelligent ESFP's" (without reference (and S types in general))

... really don't do much to quell the subtle (or not) presumption/trend.

Then you have the typical backhanded compliments or all out insults...erring on the..."Fantastic in bed, if only they could keep up intellectually"

Ofc the mbti type descriptions only serve to fuel this apparent disparity. I believe the bias is not so heavy in socionics terms.

So what i'd actually like to hear is some genuine appreciation for this type.

Does anyone have examples of well known intelligent ESFP's?...

It seems to me that anyone famously intelligent is auto typed as an N or at least there is a heavy leaning.

Lots of examples of famous ISTP's, and ESTP's out there though.

Show me the money ESFP's

p.s I may come back to tidy this up.
n.b i may too have made such comments, possibly to my detriment, i could even be an EXFP myself. I just don't SEe it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, that many huh?

KDude

One of my favorite famous ESFPs seems to get typed ISTP. Amelia Earhart. On Keirsey's site, she's ISTP. Same with Paul Newman. They just seem to have more personable qualities, higher activity, and "friskyness" that I'd associate with a Se extrovert.

I think Olivia Munn is both funny, intelligent, not to mention gorgeous.. Not sure if she's ESFP or ENFP

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were both pretty intelligent, successful ESFPs.

KDude

Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton were both pretty intelligent, successful ESFPs.

I don't know about Reagan. He dismissed a lot of environmental initiatives. We could have had a head start on that.

The stupidest thing he did was throw away a solar panel Carter installed in the white house. Like that's a bad thing.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
clinton is supposed to be an ESFP (that could be good or bad).

but i don't think they need a boost, that would almost give credence to the backhanded compliments. anyone who'll do more than just read mbti descriptions and surf on sites to gain information from people who also just read mbti descriptions... they'd know that intelligence has more to do with natural potential, and the use of it has to do with one's maturity, neither of these things have much to do with one's personality type (at least i'd like to think they do).

but then again, one can always make the argument that what you're inherently geared towards will cause one to take certain paths through life on average that would lead in different directions, and different outcomes (one of those is exploring a different side to oneself/unlocking the potentials of the multifaceted human being and only being able to go so many paths to such an extent)--who really knows if your type plays that much of role in these things.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not close to any esfps in fact I can't think of anyone I know who is an esfp but i imagine they're a lot like me and I like me. :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does anyone have examples of well known intelligent ESFP's?...

Lady Gaga, Pablo Picasso, Mickey Rourke, Mick Jagger, Larry Ellison, Quentin Tarantino, Richard Branson, Evan Rachel Wood, Sean Penn...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love Ronald Reagan.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some ESFPs I actually like that are not bossy judgemental pop culture slaves, although their numbers are few, but the few in that special group can be loads of fun! Consider Jar Jar Binks for example, an abosultely hilarious ESFP (or maybe ENFP.)
tumblr_lm816kRaRv1qkkgzuo1_400.jpg

lol Yoda at the bottom, an obvious INTP and the almost exact opposite personality type! Now INTPs are the real clowns who know how to live, and die peacefully as Yoda did in his hut, becoming one with the Force.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah I'm somewhere in between ISFJ and ESFP. Or something.

So you're ISTP now again? I'm trying to keep up. lol

I never said I am ISTP. I am just considering the possibility just like you are considering the possibility for ESFP.

edit - Don't forget about the MBTI tritype theory too. That is also another possibility!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know about Reagan. He dismissed a lot of environmental initiatives. We could have had a head start on that.

The stupidest thing he did was throw away a solar panel Carter installed in the white house. Like that's a bad thing.

Differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence, though.

KDude

Differences in viewpoint are not lack of intelligence, though.

There's no reason to remove solar panels unless you're stupid.

"Free, replenishable energy... What a bad idea."

Even if by those late 70s standards, the panels weren't very efficient, it still had symbolic worth. Removing the symbol is stupid too.