• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How to tell ESFPs and ESTPs apart

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
She recored hit because it was rentable, not becasue she liked the song esepcially. Another proof that she was a T and not a F.

Nah, that doesn't really prove that. Again, I'm not arguing that she's an F, I'm saying that the evidence you are presenting is very inconclusive.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, that doesn't really prove that. Again, I'm not arguing that she's an F, I'm saying that the evidence you are presenting is very inconclusive.

There's clues that she is GT, there's no clue that she is T, whick means that she is T to me.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESFP's, male or female, come off a bit more light hearted than ESTP's. They have a sense of warmth or sensitivity to them that ESTP's don't have. ESTP's aren't lighthearted. They may be carefree but there's always a hard edge that's apparent.

Kind of wierd thing I noticed: All the ESFP's I know never really talk badly about anyone and if they do, it's not that scathing. ESTP's won't be diplomatic - even when they like you.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
ESFP's, male or female, come off a bit more light hearted than ESTP's. They have a sense of warmth or sensitivity to them that ESTP's don't have. ESTP's aren't lighthearted. They may be carefree but there's always a hard edge that's apparent.

Kind of wierd thing I noticed: All the ESFP's I know never really talk badly about anyone and if they do, it's not that scathing. ESTP's won't be diplomatic - even when they like you.

Are you sure you're not confusing ESFP with ESFJ? ESFPs be some cutthroat bitches.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The people who end up in jail and do nothing but lift weights, get huge that you dont want to mess with and growl at you when you bother them are ESTP

The ones who drop the bar of soap on purpose and smile at you are ESFP ...LMAO

j/k not all of them drop the soap...I just had to say it :D

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me the difference is night and day. Here is a video example:

Estp

Esfp

Estp wants authority/control/dominance whereas esfp wants love + fancy things

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This song seems like a combination ISFP/ISFJ to me.

Nicki seems more F to me then T. She doesnt come across like the ESTPs I know. The white chick dancing(not the oriental one) seems more STP to me, but its hard to tell because you dont see her much.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ESFP and an ESTP cousin and sometimes its funny as hell because the ESTP is all into "group" feelings and how the coach is being to hard on everyone, and the ESFP is like...they just need to suck it up and play ball. Fe vs Te...lmao

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Have read several places that Usher is ESFP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This video screams STP to me for some reason :D

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Rasofy

I do not understand why it is that you think Fi is more genuine than Fe. What Fi types value (including genuineness) vary a lot based on what what a particular Fi person feels is best valued.

Well I guess if you mean 'pure' in that kind of arguably childlike way of a person wanting what they want when they want and to hell with what everyone else's wants.

Fe types often put others above themselves because they actually deeply and internally value considering others needs to be actually greater or equal to their own needs, it is usually actually 'pure' and not just some superficial external environmental consideration, it is what they actually feel based on empathy & believe based on values unless it is a case of the something like an indiviual Fe type doing some act of 'kindness' for others because of tradition or something less 'pure' like that.

On the topic of this thread, all you really need to know about ESTP and ESFPs is that when either of these two types are around you need to grip your wallet really tightly and engage your brain completely for signs of manipulation. They are great people usually but not for the naive and gullible.

Oh and ESFPs tend to like being performers a lot more than ESTPs.

ESFPs use Fi and Te. Meaning their feeling function is reserved and their thinking function is expressive. They have cold and reserved facial expressions, but are warm at the core.

ESFPs tend to treat people like a different version of themselves: treating others how they treat them without regard for social approval.

ESTPs use Ti and Fe. Meaning their thinking function is reserved and their feeling function is expressive. They have warm and expressive facial expressions, but are cold at the core.

ESTPs tend to treat people either treat people depending on the social approval: adjusting to group values.