• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] The Best Tools

KDude

Why is this thread here anyways? I kind of want to say that an SP association with tools (in the fixit sense) is a little offbase. The tool assocation (like in the case of ISTPs being called "crafter") is meant to illustrate extending oneself with just about any object. Tools in the caveman (or cavewoman) sense. Having a tacit relation to objects, and relating their uses to a situation in creative ways. Talking about just chainsaws and screwdrivers is being too literal. One could be into those things, but maybe they just have a relationship with a guitar. Keith Richards calls his guitar a machine. Or maybe they're Chuck Yeager. A skateboarder might go out for hours alone, and relate to a plank of wood like it's his best friend. If he said the wrench he uses to tighten his trucks is his favorite tool, that'd be wrong. The skateboard is his favorite tool.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
oh, and rhino or anyone else, you might like this set from gearwrench. it's stuff you could get yourself separate but nicely organized. kinda like that first set shown in op.

34c8f33e-36b1-423f-9d75-9869df4d710e_400.jpg

i really like the assortment of socket sizes, 8-14mm, 5/16-9/16", these really fit into the small stuff i encounter most, plus sae allen's, torx, square, phil and slots. the wrench (ratcheting) comes in handy when you have to get into somethingto with low clearance .

i added a magnetic bit driver and 1/4" adapter and can chuck it all into a drill/impact.

35 piece micro driver.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dammit.

I was gonna say snap on. :D

Their wrenches and screwdrivers are worth investing in. I have two small baby flat heads that I abuse (pry bar/keeper opener of small areas) and they haven't broken. Oh. Honorable mention goes to my multi-meter and Internet search engine Google. Best tool ever.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Their wrenches and screwdrivers are worth investing in. I have two small baby flat heads that I abuse (pry bar/keeper opener of small areas) and they haven't broken. Oh. Honorable mention goes to my multi-meter and Internet search engine Google. Best tool ever.

i've been eyeing the wera chisel drivers and similar variants from felo and wiha for similar abuse.

a1qweaq051.jpg

LEGERdeMAIN

My favorite tool is a sewing awl. My second favorite tool is Rachel Maddow. My third favorite tool(and most often used) is a small skeleton knife. All types use tools, even GIRL and HOBO.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to be an electrician. I tend to prefer Klein stuff except their tape measures. I also liked DeWalt drills, Ryobis are pieces of shit. I can go into much more detail if you like. My personal favorite was the machine for threading rigid conduit. I loved the viscosity of the oil on my skin contrasted with the sun on my skin and the dust in the air. It was a very gritty manly kind of experience.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i've been eyeing the wera chisel drivers and similar variants from felo and wiha for similar abuse.

a1qweaq051.jpg

Wiha makes good stuff. Most all German stuff is well-made.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's nice to have an assortment of screwdrivers for all those odd security bolts. But anything can be opened eventually with a Dremel with a cutting disk and a flathead scredriver. Dremel magic.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
hairclip.gif

Legit. These things have gotten me out of some sticky situations.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
brain-1.jpg

It PWNS all other tools

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Guitar tuner though, saves a lot if headache. :D

Yes, that is a good one.

My little mini-screwdriver sets get a lot of use. But some of those are actually too small. The easiest way to strip a screw is to use a screwdriver that's too small for the job.

(there's a "that's what she said" joke in there somewhere)