• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs and Vengeance

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It seems like it is a common men's for ISTps to do acts of vengeance especially when someone close to them (particularly close family has been harmed. I actually think it is one of the aspects of istp I most admire. Do the ISTPs here agree? Have you ever been involved in an act of vengeance/vigilantism? In what situations do you think is is appropriate/inappropriate?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It seems like it is a common men's for ISTps to do acts of vengeance especially when someone close to them (particularly close family has been harmed. I actually think it is one of the aspects of istp I most admire. Do the ISTPs here agree? Have you ever been involved in an act of vengeance/vigilantism? In what situations do you think is is appropriate/inappropriate?

I think ESTP's are much more prone to this. ISTP's just don't give a shit.

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
I give a shit.
Don't fuck with my family.

wolfy

awsm
I think if someone had an avatar of my sister with a bra on as panties I'd seek vengeance.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Have you ever been involved in an act of vengeance/vigilantism?

Yes.

In what situations do you think is is appropriate/inappropriate?

Throw ethics out the window. It's every man for himself, far as I'm concerned.
But to answer your question--I view it as a cost/benefit ratio first.

If the person has wronged me, someone I care about or someone who is innocent--AND--I can enact a form of justice upon them (and get away it), yeah. This is the only time I will take action. Otherwise, I let it go. Not worth it. I'm not Batman here, I'm just a man who likes chicken wings, beer and justice.

But, if I can get away with it clean--in the green. This is the most important part.

KDude

I don't know. I've retaliated a lot in the moment, but rarely been screwed enough to hunt someone down later. I'm sure I would, but hopefully I don't even get in that situation. I don't really let most things fester and start plottng anything later. Sometimes I become friendly with that person again. I might not let them close, but not hate them enough to do something. Like I said, hopefully I don't get so seriously screwed that I end up on some mission to fuck their world up. Because that would mean my world has been fucked up too. Most things I deal with are kind of bullshit.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If its part of the moment that the incident occurred- yes. (I can be unrelenting) If I have time to think about it - no.

Few times I've thought out vengeance and enacted it it's never made much difference afterward. It doesn't make me feel better about the initial problem.

I let it go if the moment has passed. Also, it has to be pretty heinous to warrant me losing my cool in the first place.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If its part of the moment that the incident occurred- yes. (I can be unrelenting) If I have time to think about it - no.

Few times I've thought out vengeance and enacted it it's never made much difference afterward. It doesn't make me feel better about the initial problem.

I let it go if the moment has passed. Also, it has to be pretty heinous to warrant me losing my cool in the first place.

Agreed. In the moment, yes. After the fact, probably not. I have thought about it in the past but decided it really isn't worth it and I don't care that much. Onwards and upwards with life. No point in dwelling on the past.

This is in relation to things that have been against me personally. If someone threatened the person I love, they would get it big time. And I imagine if I have kids in the future I would react in a similar way. Having said this the threat would have to be fairly serious. And I would only react if I thought something could be gained from the vengeance.

Mostly if things are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things then I don't care enough to seek revenge. It seems somehow pointless.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah, I can can get really angry and seek vengeance in the moment. But given sometime I tend to see the errors and look for the best solution. I've sometimes been annoyed at being cursed with foresight. Sometimes straight vengeance seemed it would be much more pleasurable.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Depends what the situation is and how bad I got screwed. For example If I was raped in any way I would seek out vengeance with a giant machete.:charge:

KDude

Depends what the situation is and how bad I got screwed. For example If I was raped in any way I would seek out vengeance with a giant machete.:charge:

lol. Who would rape a guy? A group of horny housewives? As long as I'm not in prison, rape doesn't so bad. :whistling:

Siren

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
lol. Who would rape a guy? A group of horny housewives? As long as I'm not in prison, rape doesn't so bad. :whistling:

Are you serious? Prison isn't the only place where men rape other men. Male rape is one of the most under reported crimes there is, even moreso than female rape.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

If you get captured by rebels/terrorists/warlords/not the regular army, you are probably screwed in the ass.

That is if in some way you take part in a military conflict in the 3d world.

KDude

Are you serious? Prison isn't the only place where men rape other men. Male rape is one of the most under reported crimes there is, even moreso than female rape.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPzwiKk0BE].[/youtube]

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes. Still it is male on male, or pedophilia. Females raping males is pretty rare. I think [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] was thinking about the male/female kind.

Anyway, awesome thread derail. Lol. Lesson: dont rape ISTP's.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. Still it is male on male, or pedophilia. Females raping males is pretty rare. I think [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] was thinking about the male/female kind.

Anyway, awesome thread derail. Lol. Lesson: dont rape ISTP's.

I don't think anyone would bother trying. Never met an ISTP yet who looks like they would make a suitable victim. (not that I go around thinking about who to rape- but all the ISTPs I know look tough, and I imagine rapists/muggers etc would pick a softer target. )

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I would think about it a lot out of anger, but in all likelihood I would do nothing. The only time it would happen is if all the stars aligned: Really hurt someone close to me, I was still at peak anger (I just found out about it), a perfect opportunity arose, and no one would find out.

I don't think this has ever happened though. :p

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure how ISTPs react to vengeance except to disappear when they've been done super wrong, but I have seen them react to unfairness or injustice done to them. In that case, they just do something to even things out and make it fair for them and they don't announce that it's coming either. They just quietly do it and the other person might be surprised.