• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP Subtypes

Which are you?

• Sophia Coppola

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • James Dean

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Couch Potato

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Eminem

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Since Lord Elfboy decided to do ENxP subtypes and Raptor Wizard did ISTP subtypes, I am going to to ISFP subtypes.

Sofia Coppola subtype - Artsy, subdued, works in some kind of sensory aesthetic profession like film, painting, music, fashion, photography or decorating. When you say you're an ISFP, most people agree with you, because you fit their image of what an ISFP should be.

James Dean subtype - sensitive but rebellious, strong and silent and slightly ISTP-ish, but showing a lot more Fi and softness. Quiet but sexy, you can get mistyped as INFP as well ISTP, because really, though you may be cool on the outside, no one really knows a damn thing about you and just keeps guessing. You like it like that.

Couch potato subtype - ISFPs read descriptions of themselves on-line and get offended because it seems like it was based on people like you. You're simple, enjoy watching hours of television, have very little ambition, but are basically a nice and unobtrusive person. You're probably not even interested enough in type theory to be on this forum.

Eminem subtype - people tell you you're not an ISFP because you're too tough or opinionated, but it's clear that when you aren't expressing yourself through performing or writing that you're actually a pretty introverted and sensitive Fi dom. People get way too caught up in the ESTP or ENFP persona you're capable of presenting to the world, and mistake the fierceness of your Fi convictions for you being either an xSTP or an extrovert with "a lot of Te development." You're probably just a counterphobic E6, and while everyone knows you write gangsta rap about locking your girlfriend in the trunk, they seem blissfully unaware of all those sappy songs that make people cry that are based on your daughter, your personal struggles with your drug addiction, and how you guys are beautiful, no matter what any one says, bro.

:D

KDude

I like these. If I'm ISFP like some still think I am, then I'm the James Dean subtype. Not that I'm super cool, but I identify with his character in Rebel without a cause. He's not cool. He's frustrated. And he's friendly to people worse off than him (like Plato). I like to think I do that.

wolfy

awsm
jamesdean-1.jpg

What's on the telly?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
So marm, are you sofia coppola or enimem?

Realistically a little of both. IRL I'm pretty quiet and I cook for people, but also I come across in writing or performing with a louder persona at times. I do identify with Eminem's 6-ish ness and I argue continually for him actually being an Fi dom, because people seem to want to type him as ExTP or ISTP because of his stage persona, and I guess some of his more notorious raps.

KDude

Realistically a little of both. IRL I'm pretty quiet and I cook for people, but also I come across in writing or performing with a louder persona at times. I do identify with Eminem's 6-ish ness and I argue continually for him actually being an Fi dom, because people seem to want to type him as ExTP or ISTP because of his stage persona, and I guess some of his more notorious raps.

I don't know much about him actually. Your guess is as good as mine. Kind of confuses me, like James Dean (and like you said, people type him both INFP and ISTP).

gromit

likes this
I don't think I'm any of thems. I'm doubting my isfp these days anyway.

gromit

likes this
If you were any I would say Coppola. What new type do you have in mind?

Not sure. Some FP. Just especially going back to school now I think I maybe do use N a lot more than I had thought. That is how I learn best by relating everything together, to what I know from real life and to other concepts in the text or in lecture or in lab. But then again the S/N has always seemed so vague to me, doesn't any grown adult use both anyway?

wolfy

awsm
Not sure. Some FP. Just especially going back to school now I think I maybe do use N a lot more than I had thought. That is how I learn best by relating everything together, to what I know from real life and to other concepts in the text or in lecture or in lab. But then again the S/N has always seemed so vague to me, doesn't any grown adult use both anyway?

Yeah, although use is a tricky word. Type is just an abstraction, not a real thing.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm somewhere in between the wolfy subtype and the Quinlan subtype.

KDude

I don't think I use a lot. I think I borrow ideas from intuitives. I don't think I'm producing a lot though. I'm stuck in ruts a lot. I think Ne dominants are known for brainstorming and Ni have a stronger sense of where they're going/what they want from life or their projects (from what I can tell..).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think I use a lot. I think I borrow ideas from intuitives. I don't think I'm producing a lot though. I'm stuck in ruts a lot. I think Ne dominants are known for brainstorming and Ni have a stronger sense of where they're going/what they want from life or their projects (from what I can tell..).

This actually makes sense to me. A lot of times if someone puts me on the spot to come up with something I'm just like "I don't know" and my ESFJ friend I swear has more Ne than I do, and when she gets into Ne mode she can really come up with all of these other options, it's fun for her.

HOWEVER, I believe I do have Ni in the tertiary because I "just know" things a lot, and this is one of the primary reasons I typed as INFJ way back when I first took Keys2Cognition because I overestimated Ni as being my strongest function, because I know this to be such an integral part of my personality, that I'll "just know things" or have these big cathartic moments.

I also tend to look for the undercurrent of what is similar. Say I collect a bunch of facts and information about cultures. I will look at what is "underneath" those facts. What is an underlying unifying element of those cultural constructs. That is Ni working with Se, that is not Ne.

I also tend to ask why people are doing things, and someone mentioned to me before that Ni asks why and Ne asks what if.

I also have life-long personal constructs I've built on, which is some kind of Pi function, like for example I'll collect all the information I can about a certain country or topic, and may eventually formulate it YEARS down the road into a creative project or some real life goal. That is Ni operating somewhere in my function order.

I tend to get annoyed when people can't see "what's underneath" things or they don't ask why, and that's more of an Ni trait. I think if I had Ne dom/aux I'd be showing up people constantly with my random what if ideas.