• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP Subtypes

Which are you?

• Sophia Coppola

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • James Dean

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Couch Potato

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Eminem

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

wolfy

awsm
Just call the Couch Potato "The Dude".

the_dude_abides_by_jose_ole.jpg

Sure. And here is the portal into that world http://dudeism.com/

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
def Sofia Coppola subtype.

I'm quite stereotypical in that regard.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just call the Couch Potato "The Dude".

the_dude_abides_by_jose_ole.jpg

what's with that dude thing? I saw that image spreading around on the net a few years ago and it drove me nuts.

KDude

what's with that dude thing? I saw that image spreading around on the net a few years ago and it drove me nuts.

The Dude is the main character in the Big Lebowski. He's a super chill ISFP type (hippy, I guess).

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Dude is the main character in the Big Lebowski. He's a super chill ISFP type (hippy, I guess).

years before I even knew of the MBTI, I would definitely even call myself a closet hippie. I wasn't really surprised when I found out my MBTI + Ennea type and that the combo is the stereotypical hippie archetype. XD

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I missed the ISTP subtypes. *searches*

James Dean subtype - sensitive but rebellious, strong and silent and slightly ISTP-ish, but showing a lot more Fi and softness. Quiet but sexy, you can get mistyped as INFP as well ISTP, because really, though you may be cool on the outside, no one really knows a damn thing about you and just keeps guessing. You like it like that.

That's totally hot. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
def Sofia Coppola subtype.

I'm quite stereotypical in that regard.

Yes that's what I would have guessed for you!

years before I even knew of the MBTI, I would definitely even call myself a closet hippie. I wasn't really surprised when I found out my MBTI + Ennea type and that the combo is the stereotypical hippie archetype. XD

I've been called "hippie" affectionately, on a regular basis, by two different SJ guys.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since Lord Elfboy decided to do ENxP subtypes and Raptor Wizard did ISTP subtypes, I am going to to ISFP subtypes.

Sofia Coppola subtype - Artsy, subdued, works in some kind of sensory aesthetic profession like film, painting, music, fashion, photography or decorating. When you say you're an ISFP, most people agree with you, because you fit their image of what an ISFP should be.

James Dean subtype - sensitive but rebellious, strong and silent and slightly ISTP-ish, but showing a lot more Fi and softness. Quiet but sexy, you can get mistyped as INFP as well ISTP, because really, though you may be cool on the outside, no one really knows a damn thing about you and just keeps guessing. You like it like that.

Couch potato subtype - ISFPs read descriptions of themselves on-line and get offended because it seems like it was based on people like you. You're simple, enjoy watching hours of television, have very little ambition, but are basically a nice and unobtrusive person. You're probably not even interested enough in type theory to be on this forum.

Eminem subtype - people tell you you're not an ISFP because you're too tough or opinionated, but it's clear that when you aren't expressing yourself through performing or writing that you're actually a pretty introverted and sensitive Fi dom. People get way too caught up in the ESTP or ENFP persona you're capable of presenting to the world, and mistake the fierceness of your Fi convictions for you being either an xSTP or an extrovert with "a lot of Te development." You're probably just a counterphobic E6, and while everyone knows you write gangsta rap about locking your girlfriend in the trunk, they seem blissfully unaware of all those sappy songs that make people cry that are based on your daughter, your personal struggles with your drug addiction, and how you guys are beautiful, no matter what any one says, bro.

:D

I like this!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not ISFP, but I am definitely a hippie. I'm thinking my friend is actually ISFP and not INFP now. He doesn't seem to be as concerned with aesthetics as the type says, but he's much too cynical and misanthropic to look much like INFP. And he's not analytical or intellectual enough to be INTP. He's an artist and doesn't really care about much, and isn't all that ambitious. But he is kind of a crazy "what if" type as well. What do you think?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not ISFP, but I am definitely a hippie. I'm thinking my friend is actually ISFP and not INFP now. He doesn't seem to be as concerned with aesthetics as the type says, but he's much too cynical and misanthropic to look much like INFP. And he's not analytical or intellectual enough to be INTP. He's an artist and doesn't really care about much, and isn't all that ambitious. But he is kind of a crazy "what if" type as well. What do you think?

Se types can ask "what if" too, but it tends not to be as outrageous, and has more connection to the world around them or at least to concrete facts. Ne types supposedly look at EVERYTHING for what it has the potentiality to be instead of what it actually is.

I don't know your friend, though. That's a really short description. From the Keirsey description, though, a cynical artist who was a misanthrope would more likely be an ISFP. I can't say what your friend's functions are at all.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool. Yeah I know it's a short description; I wondered if specific questions might triggered which you would ask. He's really silly and draws comic book characters a lot. And he likes to argue outrageous things just for the sake of it. Which is usually an INTP thing, but like I said he really doesn't strike me as one because he's not into impersonal decisions and logic. He's kind of a conspiracy theorist. He says he's a hedonist and likes listening to vinyl records. He's kind of a hipster. More random things.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I went with James Dean... while I definitely have an artistic side... It's not as pronounced (as I'd like it to be)... However, my sensitive and rebellious side is in high gear. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not sure. Some FP. Just especially going back to school now I think I maybe do use N a lot more than I had thought. That is how I learn best by relating everything together, to what I know from real life and to other concepts in the text or in lecture or in lab. But then again the S/N has always seemed so vague to me, doesn't any grown adult use both anyway?

Hey I know you're in your late 20's, and this sounds like you may be using tertiary Ni. These descriptions of Ni really ring true with me, and this sounds like you're describing the way you learn, re:

Ni is seeing connections between things that concretely (or logically) have no discernible connection. We see separateness as an illusion, and try to link our world together by understanding the unseen influences that govern this world.

In fact I tend to strive to collect facts or have experiences (Se) and then probe the underlying connections or meaning, I do this a lot with studying history, cultures, politics, and so forth.

It's one of the reasons why I like those subjects, I guess, is because I'm putting fact or experience first, and then seeing into how they're all connected.

It's not like Si linking at all, it's more like Ni seeing what is fundamentally the same structurally between two supposedly opposing things (like libertarianism and communism, as one example).

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1905717#post1905717

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since Lord Elfboy decided to do ENxP subtypes and Raptor Wizard did ISTP subtypes, I am going to to ISFP subtypes.

Sofia Coppola subtype - Artsy, subdued, works in some kind of sensory aesthetic profession like film, painting, music, fashion, photography or decorating. When you say you're an ISFP, most people agree with you, because you fit their image of what an ISFP should be.

Couch potato subtype - ISFPs read descriptions of themselves on-line and get offended because it seems like it was based on people like you. You're simple, enjoy watching hours of television, have very little ambition, but are basically a nice and unobtrusive person. You're probably not even interested enough in type theory to be on this forum.

Eminem subtype - people tell you you're not an ISFP because you're too tough or opinionated, but it's clear that when you aren't expressing yourself through performing or writing that you're actually a pretty introverted and sensitive Fi dom. People get way too caught up in the ESTP or ENFP persona you're capable of presenting to the world, and mistake the fierceness of your Fi convictions for you being either an xSTP or an extrovert with "a lot of Te development." You're probably just a counterphobic E6, and while everyone knows you write gangsta rap about locking your girlfriend in the trunk, they seem blissfully unaware of all those sappy songs that make people cry that are based on your daughter, your personal struggles with your drug addiction, and how you guys are beautiful, no matter what any one says, bro.

:D

I'm sure you've checked the Eminem subtype. :biggrin:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh gosh golly gee whiz, how did you know? ;)

lol

hé hé.

You post so much about him. It's hard to not see the clues.:biggrin:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was of the Eminem subtype too I think. An exuberant performer, challenge boundaries, and like you and Eminem, leaves me the impression that he is an ENTP sometimes.

D

Dali

I come from a large, tightly-knit family where I often do my own thing. I pretty much present likes the James Dean subtype to them. It's a bit risky though as I've found out (I've mellowed out and become emotionally more accessible to them within the last yr) that rumors and conjecture about me were going around as fact, prolly due to the absence of any real info of who I really was and what my motivations were.

My close friends see me as a James Dean/Coppola hybrid will silly, wild ESFP moments.

D

Dali

I come from a large, tightly-knit family where I often do my own thing. I pretty much present likes the James Dean subtype to them. It's a bit risky though as I've found out (I've mellowed out and become emotionally more accessible to them within the last yr) that rumors and conjecture about me were going around as fact, prolly due to the absence of any real info of who I really was and what my motivations were.

My close friends see me as a James Dean/Coppola hybrid will silly, wild ESFP moments.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my girlfriend is the Sophia Coppola subtype