• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Allure of the ISTP

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, having discussed this with at least one other ENFP i thought i may seek further insight.
I would have poss posted in the NF forum but it seemed clogged with intj nonsense.:smile:

So, the ISTP, i find, has a strong sexual intensity about them. It may come down to instinctual variant/eneagram but damn you guys are attractive.

You do seem to have this ability though, the no strings ability, which i find quite scary... the start up chase process can be misinterpreted as "oh, ok, this is casual" leaving the (enfp?) hesitant or fleeing.

I'm rambling a little, i'd be interested to hear others opinions on this, especially ENFP's and ISTP's.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i've been with an istp for about 8 or 9 months. and yeah i was very immediately attracted to him. (i'm not sure what his enneagram type is, but he's definitely sp/sx. possibly 8w7.)

i can relate with the casualness at the beginning of the relationship, i didn't really have a clue whether he just wanted me for sex or was interested in something more serious. we saw each other often and he'd say very nice things to me, but would never discuss anything like that. finally after a couple months i had to cave and ask him if he'd been seeing any other girls since we met, he said no and that he wouldn't if i didn't want him to, and that was that. in a way, i prefer it to the way it's gone in past relationships where it was all formal and "will you be my girlfriend," because i think it allowed the relationship to unfold more naturally.

LEGERdeMAIN

As an INTJ, I can't speak for ISTPs. I can't speak for INTJs either because most of them are individuals with their own approaches to relationships, however, as an INTJ, I would encourage women to not fall for the ISTP trap. They may seem like they only want to have a good time, but before you know it you're stuck in a relationship for ever and, given their carelessness, you may end up getting knocked up. Chances are no one will read this post, but I'm sure they are not ISTPs or ENFPs or INFJs or ENTPs or INFPs because those types are not known to read my posts at all. Also, ISTPs like to have sex because you keep touching them, if you want them to not sex all you have to do is stop touching them and tellin them things that arouse their arousal and basically let the relationship turn non-sexual, eventually they will stop wanting sex and then they'll leave you for mute immigrants.

LEGERdeMAIN

i was very immediately attracted to him

i think it allowed the relationship to unfold more naturally.

This seems very unhealthy to me. Have you considered the impact of attraction and naturally unfolding relationships on your mental and emotional health?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems very unhealthy to me. Have you considered the impact of attraction and naturally unfolding relationships on your mental and emotional health?

Haha, thanks lege... continuing the freak i see.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an INTJ, I can't speak for ISTPs. I can't speak for INTJs either because most of them are individuals with their own approaches to relationships, however, as an INTJ, I would encourage women to not fall for the ISTP trap. They may seem like they only want to have a good time, but before you know it you're stuck in a relationship for ever and, given their carelessness, you may end up getting knocked up. Chances are no one will read this post, but I'm sure they are not ISTPs or ENFPs or INFJs or ENTPs or INFPs because those types are not known to read my posts at all. Also, ISTPs like to have sex because you keep touching them, if you want them to not sex all you have to do is stop touching them and tellin them things that arouse their arousal and basically let the relationship turn non-sexual, eventually they will stop wanting sex and then they'll leave you for mute immigrants.

This is a bizarre response. Bizarro bizarre. Jealous of the ISTP allure per chance?

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, having discussed this with at least one other ENFP i thought i may seek further insight.
I would have poss posted in the NF forum but it seemed clogged with intj nonsense.:smile:

So, the ISTP, i find, has a strong sexual intensity about them. It may come down to instinctual variant/eneagram but damn you guys are attractive.

You do seem to have this ability though, the no strings ability, which i find quite scary... the start up chase process can be misinterpreted as "oh, ok, this is casual" leaving the (enfp?) hesitant or fleeing.

I'm rambling a little, i'd be interested to hear others opinions on this, especially ENFP's and ISTP's.

I'm not sure i've had any shenanigans with ENFPs specifically. Probably I have I just don't tend to type people when I'm luring them to the lion's den.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like things to be casual and no strings till I figure out where I want it to go. Mostly I want it to stay casual and no strings but not everyone is capable of this. Some say they are and then go a little (or a lot) crazy and stalkerish when they find out I'm still playing the field. I've had a lot of casual flings but only two relationships.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some ISTPs are awesome, some are dumber than dogshit. It really depends on the individual, I've found...sort of like how some INTJs are these wonderful teachers and fascinating, self-possessed individualists ...and others are delusional narcissistic nerds.

What I like about the ISTP FWB I had for about five or six months is that he was extremely comfortable with his sexuality to be as young as he is, not really uptight about anything, and has a nice body due to his interest in physical exercise. HOWEVER, not all ISTPs share this interest in being physically fit, it's but one direction in which a person can choose to apply his (or her) Se.

He was adventurous, fun, and easy-going most of the time, but because of inferior Fe had weird attacks of socially clueless selfishness.

But yeah overall pretty sexy, I can agree on that much, but it's also partly due to the way he also chooses to apply his Ti (things like philosophy and history) making him a more interesting person to me in general, despite our quite different taste in music (he likes rap and hip-hop) and age difference.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is a bizarre response. Bizarro bizarre. Jealous of the ISTP allure per chance?

No he's an ISTP making fun of people stereotyping attractiveness due to personality type.

LEGERdeMAIN

fair enough. It was wanted on me.

angelina-jolie-wanted-movie-poster-01.preview.jpg

-end of thread-

I'm requesting a mod close this thread until reviewed for violations of Forum Code

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could be a devlishly sexy ISTP in a TiNi loop lololtage.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's the kavorka.

What is kavorka?

The Seinfeld Dictionary
Words About Nothing

kavorka – 1. an animal-like power that attracts a person to you, even if you spoke innocently for just a few minutes 2. quote: “It is a Latvian word which means ‘the lure of the animal’” — Latvian Priest 3. if possesed by it, only known remedy is a recipe of ten cloves garlic, three quarts of vinegar
Rawr

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hahaha I'm glad we have cleared that up. Basic animal attraction then. Grrr baby very grrr