• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Allure of the ISTP

Ronaldo

MBTI Type
ISFP
ISFPs are too nice to be the antisocial gangsters ISTPs are. ISFP is moderate while ISTP is extreme.

You're probably right. Its probably just wishful thinking that I could have the same effect on others.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're probably right. Its probably just wishful thinking that I could have the same effect on others.

Hey man don't take my post too seriously. I was just taking an indefensible position and making an argument for it.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're probably right. Maybe its just wishful thinking from me that I could have this effect.

I think it's possible, depending on the individual :) I have a close ISFP male friend who I originally thought was a fellow ISTP -- he has a dry sense of humor and gave off a tough vibe at first (until he revealed his gooey center :laugh:)

Ronaldo

MBTI Type
ISFP
I make a point of never revealing my feelings in public. I only think about them when I am alone or daydreaming. I once had someone who thought I was an ''emotionless serial killer'' because in their world if you don't say much there is something wrong with you. So maybe others could think I am that type of guy.

This is an ability I would really like to have though.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do you think an isfp could pull off the istp swag? i mean both are in the same temperament and introverted. isfp could have the same effect maybe?

I work side by side with an ISFP. When she was single she got her fair share.

wolfy

awsm
do you think an isfp could pull off the istp swag? i mean both are in the same temperament and introverted. isfp could have the same effect maybe?

ISFP should play the aloof sensitive type for maximum sex appeal. Laid back with a hint of sensitivity. Think of Johnny Depp. Play to your strengths... and all that.

Ronaldo

MBTI Type
ISFP
Man, I can't stand hipsters. Its a shame my type is associated with them. Fuck it, I'm just gonna copy brad Pitt, there's an isfp who knows what he's doing.

wolfy

awsm
Copying is why hipsters are disliked. I don't actually get the hipster dislike, I don't know any though. It seems everyone is borrowing elements of styles from all genres without all that goes with it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get that term it either means people that think they're cool but they're not or that are but you're not so it bugs you. I totally don't get the term. I have no friends that use it so that either means were the hipsters or they just don't call people that either... Ha I have no idea!

R

Riva

ISTPs with well aware (rehearsed/practiced) Se from what I have noticed, communicate with their physiques.

It is somewhat described in this link.

In dangerous situations he stubbornly fears nothing, approaches the source of danger very calmly. This is his best move – to go directly towards the opponent, and the stronger one shall prevail.

What I have quoted describes how they approach danger but the same could be used to described how they approach females. The opponent in this instance is the female. She is not an opponent but a person of interest that has to be won over. And how does the ISTP do this? They do it with their calm and cool body language. What they communicate is confidence, maleness, boldness etc which ticks the subconscious of the female and gives her mixed signals of both danger, seduction (seduction mixed with protection).

Well I hope I got that right for the sake of ISTP males out there.

:ninja:

Uroboros2

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think I would ever leave a woman who could speak for a mute immigrant because that would make a relationship in which necessary communication would be difficult. Though I have to agree my carelessness is very likely to get a lady knocked up with my kid. And if you haven't guess I am an ISTP.:hi:

badger055

Permabanned
I don't think I would ever leave a woman who could speak for a mute immigrant because that would make a relationship in which necessary communication would be difficult. Though I have to agree my carelessness is very likely to get a lady knocked up with my kid. And if you haven't guess I am an ISTP.:hi:

is this even english

wolfy

awsm

Type isn't cut and dry. There are isfp that are close to istp and isfp that are closer to infp, and so on and so forth...

smwasikowski

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp
As the rare female ISTP, my sexuality is usually met with genuine surprise from my partners. Due to typical gender roles, most men aren't used to the female ISTP's instinct to express themselves physically, that for me the physical aspect of sex is intimate enough in and of itself. I usually get feedback that I have a quiet, but very strong/confident sexuality. I am definitely more inclined to have a "casual" relationship, mostly because I don't see much sense in trying to determine how I'll feel in the future and discussing relationship boundaries. I much prefer to take my relationships day-by-day with the physical aspect of our dynamic playing a very important role.