• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Allure of the ISTP

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That would explain a lot actually. For a couple years, in my early twenties, I was into BDSM. Not into it much anymore. I've taken what I've liked from it and that ENFP certainly was intrigued by it when the subject was brought up. She pretty much was no real challenge after that. But yeah. The sex was very good.

Which brings me to my next point that ISTP's are often rough in bed.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

haha. I like intensity and variation with sex. Who doesn't? But I go the pace of my partner. ENFP was the more vocal one about wanting to do more adventurous things. Who am I not to oblige?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
haha. I like intensity and variation with sex. Who doesn't? But I go the pace of my partner. ENFP was the more vocal one about wanting to do more adventurous things. Who am I not to oblige?

Ne users in general like to try new things.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yea, I read out there INTJs are meant to be with ENFPs, and I can't understand that. Whether they are mature or not, I'm simply allergic to INTJs. Actually, I tend to repel any TJ combination. And yes, NFs can be quite romantic, with this lame stuff of singing on the phone etc. I'm not of this kind. Actually, this seems more like a ENFJ and the "does whatever it takes to conquer you" thing, but it's ENFP like, as well. I even feel ashamed when I see people doing this, like, I get embarassed in their behalf.

yes I thought ENFJ was more likely as well, the careful wording that's kind of contrived seems more Fe to me...but that shit doesn't conquer me..Im impressed by things like a guy having really cool taste in film or music and being able to show me something new, or who can at least hold their own in arguments and debates, and odd sense of humor...and sexual chemistry

My ESFJ ex kind of conquered me, but he didn't pull any of that cheesey shit, especially after only knowing me fairly briefly

the only reason I even let him call me is because I hadn't heard from ISTP lately at that juncture, and this oh lets call him ENFJ said his impression of me is that I had a very strong sense of self yet was kind and I said yes that's how I would describe myself

but meh no

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

well I know mine can be, but its in an exciting way and if I tell him to stop or something hurts or even that I feel dry he's like whoa wait what and is very considerate...in fact I was surprised the first time he was really gentle and more romantic, I was like ok this means something has changed between us, you must mean this because you're usually Mr. Adventure rowdy in teh slam shed

however if someone keeps being rough or hurting you, or simply doesn't care if you get off, that's not an ISTP, that's called a "sociopath"

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh i love you guys.

Yeah...what's up with that? There has to be some sort of pheromone/chemical attraction there.
It's animal. It's primal. It's explosive.

It's especially bad if you've known each other for a while and one night one thing leads to another.
Angels cry. The ground shakes. Cats and Dogs are willing to live with each other, that's how intense it is.

To counter erectile dysfunction, older male ISTPs don't need a prescription...they need a female ENFP.

I'm practically fanning myself simply thinking about it.

:rofl1:

i've only experienced 1.5 ISTPs. the above is a very good description.

but who needs words to describe this dynamic when you have

this.

lol

I'm with an ISTP now and I can tell you some of my experience. First, I was not initially drawn to him and I don't think he really was me, either. In an attempt to hook my friend up with this roomate, we all agreed to hang out group-style but everyone ditched except us. So we decided to carry on. Being around him was very, very easy from the get-go. It's hard to explain but we could just be in a space together very comfortably. I did not feel the need to talk and engage as much as I usually do, and he seemed to open up alot more than normal. We closed a psychological gap faster than I have with any other type. Part of this is because he is hands down, the least judgemental, critical person I've ever come across (e9) and very emotionally raw.. like zero head-games, zero ego-trips, wouldn't know how to be emotionally manipulative if he tried. So while he did not open up his feelers much, and he was kinda incapeabe of introspection.. whatever he did say or do was as authentic as it gets, and this made me feel very safe.

The sex was HOT from the beginning. Probably best first-sex I've ever had with anyone. No hold-back at all, he was even more ready to do crazy, kinky, unspeakable acts and positions than I was! And there was no fear in any of it (how does he feel, what if he doesn't like this, etc) because the bugger likes just about everything I could conjur up, lol. After we had sex a few times.. I just flat out told him that I only sexually engage with 1 person at a time, and asked him where he stood on this. He told me he was the same and didn't really see a point in dating others either, he was happy right now. Me too!

Any kind of fweelings and theorizing took a back-seat to the amount of fun experiences we had. I have never, ever met anyone so willing to go along with my crazy whims and shenanigans. If I thought it, we did it.. almost instantly. SP's are bad-ass I tell you. It's 2am on a tuesday night, lets go ice-blocking with a bottle of wine at the park.. let's hike up to the nudist natural springs, let's drive to a resort and rent a room, smoke weed and jump on the bed, get up the next morning and go sushi-hopping, we'll come back, have a few drinks and go swimming in the pool. No fear, no hesitation, no planning.. just go. Deal with what comes up along the way. FUn FUn Fun. I also never feared him cheating or lying or suddenly leaving.. because I saw the gleam in his eye when I was around. I could read it on him like neon-sign.. the way his face lit up, the way he always looked to me or for me at parties.. even if some silly-ho was in his face shaking her boobies.. he'd look for me.. and I'd be across the room grinning my ass off. He actually showed more jealousy (initially) than I ever did.

it's all true! zero games. easy to be with. their talent at reading expressions and body language catches you off guard, making conversation somewhat redundant. the jealousy part...surprisingly hot as it isn't done in a macho way.

fucking yum.

i am a bit of both, sometimes expressing no clear emotion, seeming blank, other times expressing outward emotion clearly.

if you want to read more of my thoughts on this subject: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34833&p=1861748&viewfull=1#post1861748

thank you for the link to that post. that's very helpful...ISTPs use facial expressions differently. it's as though their entire body obeys the captain's orders (and this is unique because, as an ENFP, mine bumps into things, knocks shit over, the brain part is off on a spaceship).

Yeah I was kind of freaked out (but turned on) by a guy under 20 being so comfortable asking me to put my finger in his ass.

:laugh: they are direct and that is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
How does one experience 1.5 ISTPs?

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
^ISTP .5 pulled out.
At least that's how I read it.

oh i love you guys.

:rofl1:

i've only experienced 1.5 ISTPs. the above is a very good description.

but who needs words to describe this dynamic when you have

this.

lol

Hubba, hubba!
I like this one. She gets it.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
.5. it's more like this.

trinity-neo-matrix.jpg

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha not commenting on the movie. :)

we never met, silly.

p.s. it speaks metaphor

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
well I know mine can be, but its in an exciting way and if I tell him to stop or something hurts or even that I feel dry he's like whoa wait what and is very considerate...in fact I was surprised the first time he was really gentle and more romantic, I was like ok this means something has changed between us, you must mean this because you're usually Mr. Adventure rowdy in teh slam shed

however if someone keeps being rough or hurting you, or simply doesn't care if you get off, that's not an ISTP, that's called a "sociopath"

True there's a big difference between rough and a sociopath.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP = SEXY.

Their poker face demeanor gets me annoyed though -- I try to prod something out of him, he just ignores me >.>

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ENFP I dated told me that out of everyone she had been with, for some reason, I had the most raw sex appeal out of all of them and she couldn't explain it because she had dated people who were more attractive than I was (haha!) and that it didn't make sense but she never seemed to lose her attraction...*ENFP ramble*

I thought that was funny.

Lol, dating an ISTP now (possibly IxTP) and I've done that exact same minirant.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think ISTP women are good matches for me because they have such apathy. When I'm sitting there freaking out about everything, they're the ones who just tell me not to worry about things, and that everything will somehow work out.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think ISTP women are good matches for me because they have such apathy. When I'm sitting there freaking out about everything, they're the ones who just tell me not to worry about things, and that everything will somehow work out.

That's what you want? Really? I always thought me and my ENTP were a little abnormal with our attraction :laugh:

I've always gotten along great with ENTPs as friends, and they generally like me too, but I always felt like I was putting a damper on their enthusiasm when they presented some crazy Ne idea and I just calmly explained why that may or may not work. It's a reaction, I can't help it! I always feel bad after they look like they lost a little steam. :doh: I think that's one of the reasons why my ENTP and I work -- he's enthusiastic about his ideas, but he's not crushed if I'm not 110% if I'm not on board from the get go. He understands I don't do it to be spiteful or anything, it's just my way of offering input and trying to get on the same page with him. I've also learned to hold back a little more often with any skepticism.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That's what you want? Really? I always thought me and my ENTP were a little abnormal with our attraction :laugh:

I've always gotten along great with ENTPs as friends, and they generally like me too, but I always felt like I was putting a damper on their enthusiasm when they presented some crazy Ne idea and I just calmly explained why that may or may not work. It's a reaction, I can't help it! I always feel bad after they look like they lost a little steam. :doh: I think that's one of the reasons why my ENTP and I work -- he's enthusiastic about his ideas, but he's not crushed if I'm not 110% if I'm not on board from the get go. He understands I don't do it to be spiteful or anything, it's just my way of offering input and trying to get on the same page with him. I've also learned to hold back a little more often with any skepticism.

It it is true. We ENTP types enjoy leaving in our fantasy worlds.

Ronaldo

MBTI Type
ISFP
do you think an isfp could pull off the istp swag? i mean both are in the same temperament and introverted. isfp could have the same effect maybe?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
do you think an isfp could pull off the istp swag? i mean both are in the same temperament and introverted. isfp could have the same effect maybe?

ISFPs are too nice to be the antisocial gangsters ISTPs are. ISFP is moderate while ISTP is extreme.