• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Allure of the ISTP

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
she does not vibe like any enfj that i'm aware of. i don't see her as a people pleaser at all. she seems blunt and decisive and unapologetic about it. she seems very se and ti and...just istpish! enfj makes no sense for her!

yeah i don't get ENFJ from her either. But I am no expert.

Others have suggested ENTP or ESTP... I don't know. I think she appears very differently from one interview to another.

Yes, not ENFJ at all. For me, this change personality from one interview to another is so ISTP. I find it very hard to read or understand ISTP motivations, or even type anyone as ISTP, because they are like they have no defined personality, or no defined interests, I don't know. So, for Jolie I'd go with ISTP, ESTP maybe.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, I've been told that I have some sort of super-masculine energy surrounding me or something--I don't know. I just like to play video games, get drunk and pass out. Not exactly defining attributes of masculinity, but I'll take it. Gives me confidence with my online multiplayer gaming score.

Either way, I don't know--I'm practically an ENFP magnet.
Hell, I had one stalk me for three and a half years.
Definitely helped boost the ego but then she stopped pursuing me.

Whenever one comes around, I just ignore them--that seems to work well.
That certainly amps up the sexual tension.

It's a sick game, people.
Sick game.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Hmm... I've always been told I have really expressive facial expressions. :mellow:

Just because a few posts mentioned ISTPs having flat facial expressions

I don't :/ Maybe I'll search through my camera and post something later. [MENTION=6168]Bamboo[/MENTION] had a really good video up once -- I found the thread but the video was taken down. I'll pester him to put it back up :p

... And by pester, I mean I'll just mention him in this post and tell him I'm going to pester him without really taking any further action.

haha no dice sorry.

i am a bit of both, sometimes expressing no clear emotion, seeming blank, other times expressing outward emotion clearly.

if you want to read more of my thoughts on this subject: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34833&p=1861748&viewfull=1#post1861748

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]

Narrative... After 3 months of mind blowing sex and little else, saturned tries to spice things up in the crazy department.

Saturned: "Hey Kristin... what did you think about the blueberry muffin i sent you by lilac unicorn post"

Kristin:
kristen_stewart_london_premiere_snow_white_and_the_huntsman_may_15_2012_16-450x678.jpg

Hahahaha

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hahahahaha. the classic blank stare of the ISTP.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm with an ISTP now and I can tell you some of my experience. First, I was not initially drawn to him and I don't think he really was me, either. In an attempt to hook my friend up with this roomate, we all agreed to hang out group-style but everyone ditched except us. So we decided to carry on. Being around him was very, very easy from the get-go. It's hard to explain but we could just be in a space together very comfortably. I did not feel the need to talk and engage as much as I usually do, and he seemed to open up alot more than normal. We closed a psychological gap faster than I have with any other type. Part of this is because he is hands down, the least judgemental, critical person I've ever come across (e9) and very emotionally raw.. like zero head-games, zero ego-trips, wouldn't know how to be emotionally manipulative if he tried. So while he did not open up his feelers much, and he was kinda incapeabe of introspection.. whatever he did say or do was as authentic as it gets, and this made me feel very safe.

The sex was HOT from the beginning. Probably best first-sex I've ever had with anyone. No hold-back at all, he was even more ready to do crazy, kinky, unspeakable acts and positions than I was! And there was no fear in any of it (how does he feel, what if he doesn't like this, etc) because the bugger likes just about everything I could conjur up, lol. After we had sex a few times.. I just flat out told him that I only sexually engage with 1 person at a time, and asked him where he stood on this. He told me he was the same and didn't really see a point in dating others either, he was happy right now. Me too!

Any kind of fweelings and theorizing took a back-seat to the amount of fun experiences we had. I have never, ever met anyone so willing to go along with my crazy whims and shenanigans. If I thought it, we did it.. almost instantly. SP's are bad-ass I tell you. It's 2am on a tuesday night, lets go ice-blocking with a bottle of wine at the park.. let's hike up to the nudist natural springs, let's drive to a resort and rent a room, smoke weed and jump on the bed, get up the next morning and go sushi-hopping, we'll come back, have a few drinks and go swimming in the pool. No fear, no hesitation, no planning.. just go. Deal with what comes up along the way. FUn FUn Fun. I also never feared him cheating or lying or suddenly leaving.. because I saw the gleam in his eye when I was around. I could read it on him like neon-sign.. the way his face lit up, the way he always looked to me or for me at parties.. even if some silly-ho was in his face shaking her boobies.. he'd look for me.. and I'd be across the room grinning my ass off. He actually showed more jealousy (initially) than I ever did.

Problems didn't start to emerge until we were a good 2 years in. Resting period. Times when I wanted to know more about his inner-self, his fweeling and thoughts, times I wanted him to theorize with me. THis is a HUGE factor for ENFP.. and fun times can only substitue this for so long. It's something that needs be to considered before you go into it, but I never did. There will come a point when ENFP wants moar, MOAR.. we want it all. We want to merge, we want the great love, the soul-mate.. we want to be deeply understood and to understand.. we wan't fweeling and emotional intimacy.. and when we when we try to create this with ISTP there is alot of frustration, dissapointment and head-banging that comes with it. I think it is actually very painful for both parties.. the ENFP being unfulfilled and the ISTp knowing their limitation and inability to fullfil someone they deeply care for. It's a fucking trajedy, unless both parties can completely understand what they are up against and accept eachother and their limitations. It is not a partnership I'd reccomend for anyone looking at the longhaul. But it is extraordinary otherwise.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
The sex was HOT from the beginning.

Yeah...what's up with that? There has to be some sort of pheromone/chemical attraction there.
It's animal. It's primal. It's explosive.

It's especially bad if you've known each other for a while and one night one thing leads to another.
Angels cry. The ground shakes. Cats and Dogs are willing to live with each other, that's how intense it is.

To counter erectile dysfunction, older male ISTPs don't need a prescription...they need a female ENFP.

I'm practically fanning myself simply thinking about it.

sculpting

As an INTJ, I can't speak for ISTPs. I can't speak for INTJs either because most of them are individuals with their own approaches to relationships, however, as an INTJ, I would encourage women to not fall for the ISTP trap. They may seem like they only want to have a good time, but before you know it you're stuck in a relationship for ever and, given their carelessness, you may end up getting knocked up. Chances are no one will read this post, but I'm sure they are not ISTPs or ENFPs or INFJs or ENTPs or INFPs because those types are not known to read my posts at all. Also, ISTPs like to have sex because you keep touching them, if you want them to not sex all you have to do is stop touching them and tellin them things that arouse their arousal and basically let the relationship turn non-sexual, eventually they will stop wanting sex and then they'll leave you for mute immigrants.

hmm, was the mute immegrant part a test to see if we were reading it?

I did fins an istp, he did knock me up (twice, even with an IUD, he had super sperm) and I dumped him because he had istp despression that i didnt understand how to handle-he is a good person, in a kick-ass jujitsi sort of way and a very good dad. Now he is with an isfj, very sweet, and I think they have an INTP baby, but am not sure (about the intp part, not the baby part). She isnt mute.

LEGERdeMAIN

hmm, was the mute immegrant part a test to see if we were reading it?

I did fins an istp, he did knock me up (twice, even with an IUD, he had super sperm) and I dumped him because he had istp despression that i didnt understand how to handle-he is a good person, in a kick-ass jujitsi sort of way and a very good dad. Now he is with an isfj, very sweet, and I think they have an INTP baby, but am not sure (about the intp part, not the baby part). She isnt mute.

intp baby.... i see.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This may be a little off-topic, I don't know, but I can't help but to be a little bothered here. It's declared that ISTPs are really cool and ENFP is naturally atracted to them. But what about the other side? Are ISTPs attracted to ENFPs as well?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah...what's up with that? There has to be some sort of pheromone/chemical attraction there.
It's animal. It's primal. It's explosive.

It's especially bad if you've known each other for a while and one night one thing leads to another.
Angels cry. The ground shakes. Cats and Dogs are willing to live with each other, that's how intense it is.

To counter erectile dysfunction, older male ISTPs don't need a prescription...they need a female ENFP.

I'm practically fanning myself simply thinking about it.

Maybe I are an ENFP.

Or maybe ISTPs, like self-typed INTJs, presume every hot chick they've had stalk them is ENFP, even if she's not.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No hold-back at all, he was even more ready to do crazy, kinky, unspeakable acts and positions than I was! And there was no fear in any of it (how does he feel, what if he doesn't like this, etc) because the bugger likes just about everything I could conjur up, lol.

Yeah I was kind of freaked out (but turned on) by a guy under 20 being so comfortable asking me to put my finger in his ass.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
she does not vibe like any enfj that i'm aware of. i don't see her as a people pleaser at all. she seems blunt and decisive and unapologetic about it. she seems very se and ti and...just istpish! enfj makes no sense for her!

I think she's definitely an Se dom.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
ISTP's rock in bed. Best sex I've ever had with an ISTP.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This may be a little off-topic, I don't know, but I can't help but to be a little bothered here. It's declared that ISTPs are really cool and ENFP is naturally atracted to them. But what about the other side? Are ISTPs attracted to ENFPs as well?

Anyone can be attracted to anyone. So yeah, sure.

However, compatibility long term is questionable.

I've only been attracted to one ENFP and it was strange. Still is a strange dynamic. Both in friendship and when we dated. Just...strange.