• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Unable to access my Se

periberi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hi All,
This is my first post here on Typology Central. Altough It has been quite a long time that I've been reading it . I'll go straight ot the point:
I'm an ESTP (confirmed, blablah) but for 6 or 7 or months now, I've been unable to access my normal-awesome ESTP mode: I go either INFJ and then ISTJ and then go back to ESTP mode, that ESTP doesn't last for too long (a couple of hours). Now we all know that shadow episodes are triggered by heavy stress or depression. Only I have one little problem here: I'm Not depressed n nor stressed! Buy you could very well be depressed and not admitting it, would you tell. The answer well , is simply: I'm not, I've been depressed before and I know how it feels: I'm not. I have a healthy and activ lifistyle.
The things is that, those shadow episodes are not triggered without reason, actually I have one weird problem that has begun 6 or 7 months ago: Everytime there is some background noice (siren screams, birds singing, peopel talking during a lecture at college), OR everytime some relative is talking to me, yeah you read it right, like my mum telling me that "I should shave my beard", there is some very weird irritation or uncomfort going on inside me, like I can't stand whats happening. Ahd so I go into INFJ mode.
I'm aware what's happening to me doesn't make sense at all, and therefore is all the more distressing to me. The funny thing is that this irritability doesn't happen at all when I'm in my shadow mode.

So yeah, any suggestion/advice? Anyone exprienced something similiar? Been trying to get rid of that thing, I'm feeling like i'm running out of solutions..

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When going outside of this ESTP mode, do you feel that you have "lost" something that you can't get back? Like, this mode comes and goes without any warning and it's an effortless thing that is just barely out of reach yet can't be attained?

periberi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
When going outside of this ESTP mode, do you feel that you have "lost" something that you can't get back? Like, this mode comes and goes without any warning and it's an effortless thing that is just barely out of reach yet can't be attained?

Yes that sounds like it :).

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ah sorry. i went back to read the thread now.
anyways, if you're not depressed, i don't see the problem. do you feel bad? you seemed to be ok. plus, you're apparently going into intuition mode, which from my point is nothing bad so....ignore my post i can't help you. ignore i ever participated in general..
That woud have been very funny had not the problem been very serious. ;)

periberi

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
ah sorry. i went back to read the thread now.
anyways, if you're not depressed, i don't see the problem. do you feel bad? you seemed to be ok. plus, you're apparently going into intuition mode, which from my point is nothing bad so....ignore my post i can't help you. ignore i ever participated in general..

It's okay. Actually I'd like to reboot, just can't find this damn reboot button, lol :doh:.

Im not depressed as in I'm still engaging actively with my life, but yes Im feeling bad and pissed that I haven't been able to be my normal self for a sustained period of time now.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes that sounds like it :).

Your description sounds a lot like the end of a hypomanic episode. Keep in mind, you do not need to be depressed to have one of these episodes. Maybe look up more information on that and see if it rings true for your experiences? Better yet, see a counselor or someone who can properly diagnose. It may be nothing but damn if I didn't read your OP and that light switch went off. Usually, hypomanic episodes become more frequent with time and could be (eventually) problematic. As it starts it feels fantastic but trying to "chase" that feeling down when it disappears can give you a lot of grief. That's something education can help with. Feel free to PM if you'd like for more info if I'm hitting the right note here.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Hi All,
This is my first post here on Typology Central. Altough It has been quite a long time that I've been reading it . I'll go straight ot the point:
I'm an ESTP (confirmed, blablah) but for 6 or 7 or months now, I've been unable to access my normal-awesome ESTP mode: I go either INFJ and then ISTJ and then go back to ESTP mode, that ESTP doesn't last for too long (a couple of hours). Now we all know that shadow episodes are triggered by heavy stress or depression. Only I have one little problem here: I'm Not depressed n nor stressed! Buy you could very well be depressed and not admitting it, would you tell. The answer well , is simply: I'm not, I've been depressed before and I know how it feels: I'm not. I have a healthy and activ lifistyle.
The things is that, those shadow episodes are not triggered without reason, actually I have one weird problem that has begun 6 or 7 months ago: Everytime there is some background noice (siren screams, birds singing, peopel talking during a lecture at college), OR everytime some relative is talking to me, yeah you read it right, like my mum telling me that "I should shave my beard", there is some very weird irritation or uncomfort going on inside me, like I can't stand whats happening. Ahd so I go into INFJ mode.
I'm aware what's happening to me doesn't make sense at all, and therefore is all the more distressing to me. The funny thing is that this irritability doesn't happen at all when I'm in my shadow mode.

So yeah, any suggestion/advice? Anyone exprienced something similiar? Been trying to get rid of that thing, I'm feeling like i'm running out of solutions..

There is no such thing as a "mode" when it comes to typing. Your personality type doesn't change just your mood.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm an ISTP in a really bad Ti-Ni loop. Seclusion and depression are permanent states I can't move out of.
What helps me emerge from that (temporarily) is if I engage in activities that access sensory details.

Trips to bustling cities ESPECIALLY help me out. High energy place, a lot of data to take in and filter.
It always rejuvenates me, at least for a week or so before I go into "overanalyze" mode once more.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm an ISTP in a really bad Ti-Ni loop. Seclusion and depression are permanent states I can't move out of.
What helps me emerge from that (temporarily) is if I engage in activities that access sensory details.

Trips to bustling cities ESPECIALLY help me out. High energy place, a lot of data to take in and filter.
It always rejuvenates me, at least for a week or so before I go into "overanalyze" mode once more.

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Like Duck says, get around other people. You don't have to go out into huge crowds, but spend time with your friends and family. It helps a lot.