• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's and delayed gratification

A

A window to the soul

This would explain being infuriated by Fe doms. Possibly.

No, no, no, he's not ENFP. He handles critisism too well; like water off a duck's back with no signs of distress. And no Te.

He probably just doesn't fully appreciate the idiosyncrasies of an Fe-dom (yet).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
No, no, no, he's not ENFP. He handles critisism too well; like water off a duck's back with no signs of distress. And no Te.

He probably just doesn't fully appreciate the idiosyncrasies of Fe (yet).

I didn't handle criticism too well for a while because I have a heavy 6 and associated it with fear and hostility. But maybe that was just my 6 wing jumping to conclusions.

A

A window to the soul

I didn't handle criticism too well for a while because I have a heavy 6 and associated it with fear and hostility. But maybe that was just my 6 wing jumping to conclusions.
Were you in "the grip"? An ENTP in the grip is a very odd bird.

A

A window to the soul

What's "the grip". The first idea I get in my head of "the grip" is my hand after excessive masturbation.

:laugh:

It's used among some people in the typology community. It means in the grip of one's inferior function resulting from daily stress, fatigue, illness, or other disruptions to one's available energy. (AKA, beside oneself.)

An ENTP in the grip will have qualities of the negative, inferior forms of Si (obsessiveness and focusing on the body). Tertiary feeling might also emerge. This comes out in a conviction that no one understands them or cares about them; they may become emotional and vulnerable.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
:laugh:

It's used among some people in the typology community. It means in the grip of one's inferior function resulting from daily stress, fatigue, illness, or other disruptions to one's available energy. (AKA, beside oneself.)

An ENTP in the grip will have qualities of the negative, inferior forms of Si (obsessiveness and focusing on the body). Tertiary thinking or feeling might also emerge. This comes out in a conviction that no one understands them or cares about them; they may become emotional and vulnerable.

I was like this for a while. I stopped trying new things, and became dependent upon a routine. Then, my managers in my old job would treat me like shit and I would just become ridiculously introverted. I would question myself and I would constantly call my friends and family from afar and vent. I was a very pathetic human being. I started to become dependent on others to solve my problems as well and looked to sources outside of myself for guidance. This almost sounds like a 6 under stress when I think about it.

A

A window to the soul

I was like this for a while. I stopped trying new things, and became dependent upon a routine. Then, my managers in my old job would treat me like shit and I would just become ridiculously introverted. I would question myself and I would constantly call my friends and family from afar and vent. I was a very pathetic human being. I started to become dependent on others to solve my problems as well and looked to sources outside of myself for guidance. This almost sounds like a 6 under stress when I think about it.

Hmmm, that also describes type 7 under stress.

A

A window to the soul

Really? lol, that's interesting.

Take a look at these slides...

type6.jpg

type7.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I need my Big Mac NOW... cuz THIS IS AMERICA

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm going to assume that the stereotype is that SP's would be terrible with practicing delayed gratification and patience. By delayed gratification, I mean like the kind where you REALLY want something but a delay is imposed on you by an outside source and it may be one that you don't logically understand or agree with. In those cases, what do you SP's do and how do you fair with this?

You mean like Apple's site giving me fits and not allowing me to make my purchase right that minute and me having a minor (okay, major) tantrum over it? :blush: *grumbles* A week later I finally got it to work.

I am pretty impatient.... I've never thought about it being connected to my personality... I always figured it was more connected to me being an only child and being used to instant gratification. (Yes, I was a spoiled rotten brat growing up until about high school when I become really independent.) Oddly enough, I'm really patient on customer service calls, perhaps because I worked in a call center and understand how things work...

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like how many of them smelled it.... Now I want to go home and smell a giant mashmallow. :shock:

Haha yes!
Also the how serious the kid was in 1:04 - 1:12
Like trying not to indulge in a forbidden fruit haha.