• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP self-awareness of goals, motives, desires

Usehername

On a mission
So you know how some ExFJ people are so sensitive to the group's desires and goals that they kind of lose their inner drummer or their sense of self?

Can you have an ISFP that does this? Who is hypersensitive to other people's feelings, and even good with knowing instinctually what they feel, but who is not so good with understanding their motives or desires or personal goals?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Sure. That's basically the description of an unhealthy 9, which a bunch of IxFPs typically are [9s that is, not necessarily unhealthy ones]. On the low side, 9s can be swept up in the desires of others at times and sort of forget/suppress themselves unknowingly, which can create some personal confusion.

Usehername

On a mission
Thanks, [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION]. I need to read up on the enneagram.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Agree with [MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] - that would be my answer as well.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes yes yes that sounds like a 9. 9s merge into other people by their nature, but are paradoxically detached. Their core issue is anger, which they tend to repress, but it actually helps them to get in touch with it. Their fixation or "holy idea" is love, but they can become so empty when unhealthy that they are completely in their body (they are a body type) and focused outward toward distractions rather dealing with what's going on inside of them.

I love 9s, I love them a lot. They tend to have kind of a soothing energy, but can suddenly 'splode over surprising things, like they let things fester.

When very unhealthy they will just avoid everything, and be passive to a point that it's passive-aggressive...meaning their passivity can actually be damaging to others.

Usehername

On a mission
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

[MENTION=4358]Jeffster[/MENTION]!
Interested in weighing in?

I offer one Jeffster-friendly meme in exchange for relevant thoughts, or even semi-coherent musings, on this subject matter.
No-kidding.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I offer one Jeffster-friendly meme in exchange for relevant thoughts, or even semi-coherent musings, on this subject matter.

Uhhh..I think the answer to your original question is yes. I am better able to sense people's feelings than their personal goals if said goals are not stated, yes. I think that's what you were asking! ;)

Usehername

On a mission
Uhhh..I think the answer to your original question is yes. I am better able to sense people's feelings than their personal goals if said goals are not stated, yes. I think that's what you were asking! ;)

Thanks. :)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Se reflected in their Fi mirror?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
So you know how some ExFJ people are so sensitive to the group's desires and goals that they kind of lose their inner drummer or their sense of self?

Can you have an ISFP that does this? Who is hypersensitive to other people's feelings, and even good with knowing instinctually what they feel, but who is not so good with understanding their motives or desires or personal goals?

I could see how this could happen. I used to be incredibly passive and would just sort of do what I thought others wanted of me.

Now, honestly I largely don't give a damn whose toes I step on or who I offend if I'm pursuing a desired outcome. My Fi usually is rather abstract and usually comes into play regarding big-picture things such as philosophy, politics, religion, etc and doesn't seem to shape my daily actions or interaction quite as much.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

Absolutely. I'm very sensitive to other people's feelings and moods. However, I do struggle with understanding other aspects of their life... I guess I pick up on body language and facial expressions really well. If someone around me is in a funk, I'll be in a funk and lose focus until either I cheer them up or they get out of their funk. :(