• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Ask an ISFP

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
FYI: please don't actually direct any questions in my direction. Why? Look at my MBTI type now...it'd probably be counterproductive.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In a heated argument, why do ISFPs like to have the last word, even after consensus seems to have been reached? I don't mean to accuse all ISFPs of doing this...however it's something I've noticed a lot with my ISFP wife.

On the positive side, five minutes later she is totally cool and we will be laughing and hugging and wondering why we were arguing in the first place...AFTER, of course, she got that last word in.

Sunny Ghost

In a heated argument, why do ISFPs like to have the last word, even after consensus seems to have been reached? I don't mean to accuse all ISFPs of doing this...however it's something I've noticed a lot with my ISFP wife.

On the positive side, five minutes later she is totally cool and we will be laughing and hugging and wondering why we were arguing in the first place...AFTER, of course, she got that last word in.

IDK if I do this. I'll have to pay closer attention.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you adopt diets and alter your appearance as a way of expressing individuality? If so, how is this reconcilled with the fact that a lot of other people are doing the same thing? Basically, do you do these things because you like them, or because you want to associate with specific people, or differentiate yourself from other people?

I guess this question is valid for any Fi 4, really. I'm interested in knowing if my own speculation about the motivations for doing these things is just something I'm projecting onto them, because that's why I would do something like that.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do ISFPs always have a camera glued to their head?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Se, or rather SPs in general, are known to be competitive and to get mad and get over it. I am like that. I rage and forgive, I don't understand repressed quiet long term grudges. Thus your ISFP wife wanting to win, but then getting over it. Also inferior Te in heated clashes tends to take on an unpleasant dictatorship quality.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se, or rather SPs in general, are known to be competitive and to get mad and get over it. I am like that. I rage and forgive, I don't understand repressed quiet long term grudges. Thus your ISFP wife wanting to win, but then getting over it. Also inferior Te in heated clashes tends to take on an unpleasant dictatorship quality.

The hardest part is that often I will yield and go to another room to cool my own temper, but she will actually follow me and continue prodding me. I think she actually enjoys poking me to the point of an outburst. Perhaps to show I'm human after all.

The hardest part is that often I will yield and go to another room to cool my own temper, but she will actually follow me and continue prodding me. I think she actually enjoys poking me to the point of an outburst. Perhaps to show I'm human after all.

Socionics hypothesizes that FiSe types have the following "erotic style":

These types, like the conquerors, express their sexuality openly. In daily life they may tend to be rather submissive and as a result may tend to carry over these tendencies into their romantic life. They are won over by indirect acts of submission, and are thrilled when their love interest (in the case of the "psuedo-aggressor" type) acts unlike himself. In a partner, they are looking for their equal - someone whose solid facade they can break down piece by piece.

To me, the bolded sounds like what your wife does.

(I also like to prod and instigate fights sometimes when I feel like points of conflict are unresolved or things are unnaturally calm. Provoking an outburst clears the air a lot afterwards.)

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Socionics hypothesizes that FiSe types have the following "erotic style":

To me, the bolded sounds like what your wife does.

(I also like to prod and instigate fights...

I started all, "Why would you ever do that??"

...sometimes when I feel like points of conflict are unresolved or things are unnaturally calm. Provoking an outburst clears the air a lot afterwards.)

...but then I was like, "oh, I do that too."

/ baby sfp

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do ISFPs ever talk in 3rd person?

I started all, "Why would you ever do that??"

...but then I was like, "oh, I do that too."

/ baby sfp

Fights are also exciting. Sharing and resolving emotional turmoil makes me feel all sparky and lovey dovey afterwards.

Maybe that's just me though.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Fights are also exciting. Sharing and resolving emotional turmoil makes me feel all sparky and lovey dovey afterwards.

Maybe that's just me though.

Nah, me too...

And I do blame it, in large part, on the baby SFP inside.

I can't stand knowing there's something out there undealt with.

Would much rather *immediately* take care of it - over and done with.

And then the feeling of intimacy once you're back on the same page!

(Not to mention the baby SFP screaming in the back, "think of the sex afterwards!")

/ INTJ

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Dear ISFPs,

What is your take on INTJs?

How do you think INTJs and ISFPs would work as a combo?