• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are NTs the worst at stepping out of their own type?

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
I have plenty of SP, SJ, and NF friends, but NTs always stump me. I value competence and absolutely hate feeling stupid, and supposedly NTs feel the same way. We should get along, right? Wrong.

My learning style is completely different from my NT friends, and sometimes I ask questions or spend a longer time pondering a thought (Ti) than they would.

I've noticed that many NTs have problems with SJs, SPs, and NFs. Is this common? Has anyone else observed this?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have plenty of SP, SJ, and NF friends, but NTs always stump me. I value competence and absolutely hate feeling stupid, and supposedly NTs feel the same way. We should get along, right? Wrong.

My learning style is completely different from my NT friends, and sometimes I ask questions or spend a longer time pondering a thought (Ti) than they would.

I've noticed that many NTs have problems with SJs, SPs, and NFs. Is this common? Has anyone else observed this?

I would have difficulty with SP's because of the flakiness factor, SJ's because of the rigid tenancies. NF's it depends on the NF. My husband is one and we get along very well. On the other hand, I would like to set most ENTJ's on fire. They younger ones anyway. I also have a hard time tolerating indecision or inability to make a decision within a reasonable amount of time. It sounds like I don't get along with anyone...I know.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I like someone it's personal. If I were to start to think solely through a lens of MBTI it could cause bias and blindside me from seeing the good things in others. I like a lot of different people but not because I thought of them as ENTP, ISTP, ESTJ, INTJ etc. first.

There are people I like and others I don't care for. There are some ENTPs I don't care for (yes, not all ENTPs like all ENTPs). There are ISTJs I love. And INTPs, ESTJs, and so on and so forth. I guess it comes down to who I care about. Also, there are some who I first got the wrong impression of but later I really see the good in those people and really like them now. That happens too.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Like all sorts of people. However most people also quickly annoy me as well.

What is liked is diversity within diversity yet laid out before us in a segregated manner. The charm separated from the ordinary. The vulgar cleansed off the smarmy.

If we could only cut people up into little bits and shove them in our refrigerators. Not literally but figuratively. And then when we have a party there can be a complete buffet of what we really like.

Sometimes however the onions will turn a warm heart to bitter blood.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is common.

Actually, ISTPs get along better with NTs than most other types. NTs suck at relating to others.

Because by definition they are:

N - detached from reality and it shows
T - suck at taking values in consideration

What do you mean "different learning styles"?

NTs tend to draw things in the air and gesture too much, prolly cause of the N visions and the T manipulation they perform.

Aren't you much better at actually getting things done than them? (like actually materializing the visions you can see anyways with Ni)?

Last edited:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm married to an NT. It's a rather fun relationship to be honest. We've actually done a lot to balance each other out. He does have quirks that drive me crazy...but I'm sure I have quirks that drive him crazy that he just won't fess up to. It's quite possible that he's more understanding of NFs, SJs, and SPs than other NTs would be because he's from a family of nine. And they all have varying types... Kind of drives me crazy to be around all his siblings!

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
It is common.

Actually, ISTPs get along better with NTs than most other types. We just suck at relating to others.

Because by definition we are:

N - detached from reality and it shows
T - suck at taking values in consideration (and my type is the fuzzies of all)

What do you mean "different learning styles"?

NTs tend to draw things in the air and gesture too much, prolly cause of the N visions and the T manipulation they perform.

Aren't you much better at actually getting things done than them? (like actually materializing the visions you can see anyways with Ni)?

I get along well with NJs, but I have problems with NP's. The Ne hurdle is a big one to jump, my friend, especially with a tertiary Ni.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably the only type worse at getting along with other people than the NTs is ISTP, because that is the most zero dimplomacy type in existence!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nt's have an ego complex especially NJ ,it's inherent

You are wrong.

LOL

...not, you may be wrong...

Seems like a huge ego here!

Actually, you are probably wrong.In my experience, NT's tend to have a very specific set of standards for themselves. The NT's you refering to as having an ego complex, are the (immature and young) NT's (prebobly Fe inferiors) that are actually the opposite, wanting for other people to understand, and if possible accept, their views because they themselves can not see how someone could have different views. Not because they feel they are better, but because they want to make you as good as they are.

Trust me, you won't notice an NT with an actual ego complex. Those are the NT's that don't bother explaining themselves because they think you suck and probably couldn't possibly understand them anyway.

A mature INTP without an ego complex will still explain their opinions and arguements about something, but expect you to make up your own mind what to do with that information.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do have a massive Ego, but right then and there I was making a joke.

Having a massive ego and having an ego complex are two very different things.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
Having a massive ego and having an ego complex are two very different things.

They're not mutually exclusive, unless I misunderstand the term. I generally interpret ego complex as meaning massive ego unless the context reads differently.

Lark

NTs are just awesome. Who'd want to step out of awesome?