• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are NTs the worst at stepping out of their own type?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I can be. With me it's more.. questioning how I feel? Some people unnerve me, not because they are threatening, but because they may be right.

I always hated unresolvable negative outcomes. I wanted the power to fix them. Some things I can't fix.

herbpixie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My learning style is completely different from my NT friends, and sometimes I ask questions or spend a longer time pondering a thought (Ti) than they would.

I've noticed that many NTs have problems with SJs, SPs, and NFs. Is this common? Has anyone else observed this?

Why would your differences in learning styles cause conflict? Are they insisting that you adopt their study habits or vice versa?

A good chunk of my friends are NFs. We are different, but the friendship is rewarding because of that. I tend to gravitate towards other intuitive types, but I am not anti any type. Every type, and every human, presents challenges. I tend to have problems communicating with SJs sometimes, but I don't dislike them as a whole. I just try to keep in mind that we think differently and try adjust my communication style if I think there is a disconnect.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
That doesn't really apply to me since only one of my close friends is an NT (an ENTP, and we're not even that close anymore, although we were best friends from kindergarten all the way through the end of middle school), and all other NTs I'm friends with I'm not that close with (my other close friends are two ISTJs, an ESFP, an ENFP, and an ESTP, and I get along perfectly fine with all except my ENFP friend).

As for my family, my dad is an ESTJ, my mom is an ISFJ, my older brother is an ISTP, and my younger brother is an ENFP. I get along best with my younger brother, even though I'm closer in age to my older brother (a week less than two years between me and my older brother, two and a half years between me and my younger brother). My older brother and I get along when it's just the two of us, or just us and one other person, but he's always a jerk to me when we're in a group (just like my ENFP friend), so we don't get along well. I also get along fine with my parents. As for cousins, the two that I hang around with when we see them are NTs (an ENTP boy and an INTJ girl) - I do also hang around with a five year old cousin of mine at family gatherings too, since I love little kids, but he's too young for me to type.

So yeah, I don't have a hard time getting along with non-NTs.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The one NT I know extremely well is very good at switching between I and E. :shrug: