• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] STPs: What type is your father?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And did you admire him for anything?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My brother is an STP and his father is an ISTJ.

I have no idea he admires him. I certainly do.

Helmet1903

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
xSTJ: he used to be an ISTJ as a young adult, but his "gab" has definitely developed.

His values of family and hard work that he taught his children had made me an ISJ child and ISTJ in my late teens, but it is apparent that I value principle and logic more while he values practicality. It's actually because of him that I realized that I was a bit more intuitive than the average ISTJ, hence IxTJ.

Both my brother and my sister are ENFJ like our mother, so I don't know whats up with that.

KDude

And did you admire him for anything?

I haven't gotten around to giving a test.. Maybe I should. He's more disciplined than I am. He was in the military for 30 years. So whatever the case, he's embodied a lot of STJ qualities because of that.

I admire him for being really unselfish. And it's cool how he can squeeze out potential out of bureaucracies and systems. Things that seem so full of "red tape" to most people. He's one of those people who makes all the right calls for getting different types of grants, benefits, etc.. Things like that. I don't think it's just because of military training. One of his good friends is an injured veteran, who's never taken advantage of what he's offered. I overheard my dad kind of get on his case about it. Most people are like his friend (including me).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My father is definetly an FJ. ISFJ maybe, but he has some ENFJ traits.

Ande yes, I admired him, he reminded me Mufasa from the Lion King, and we were very close and had a lot of complicity, like in the movie. Later I became a rebelious teenager and he has psychological issues, health issues and unemployment issues, our relationship turn to a daily hell. Don't really want to develop on this. Now it's going better though.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
my older brother is STP, and dad is ISTJ
my dad admires my brother a lot. A LOT.
i don't know about my brother. i think so,
in his way.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my dad is an ISTJ too.
We didn't get on much when I was a teenager. I was too busy doing whatever the hell I wanted.
Lately in life I have developed respect for him. He is such a good and honest man. I think he has developed respect for me too. I think when I was younger he thought he would have a nightmare child forever, but I know he appreciates that one way or another I have done things my way, always worked to make enough to live and never asked him for anything.
So yeah, now we definitely aren't close but I think we have some kind of mutual respect.

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely a pattern so far [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION]
All the dads are ISTJ!

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ who thinks he's INTJ.

I admire some of his traits, but not most of them.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Huh? Why does he think he's INTJ? Usually I see introverts who mistakenly think they are extroverts.

I don't know why. He has a mental image of himself as a quiet guy but he can't stop talking, never listens to anything anyone says and has a intense need to be around people/have other people pay attention to him. Not that I'm saying all extroverts are like that, but he doesn't read as introverted to me.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTx. I admired his intelligence.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mom = INFP
Dad = ENTP

There is also an outside chance I am ISTP. Either that or INTP/J.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mom is an ISTJ. Parents divorced when I was 13 and she raised me and two brothers (INTJ, INFP) single-handedly with no child support or welfare. I have immense respect for her because I saw what she sacrificed for us.

My father was an ENFJ. I loved him but I never liked the man.

MXZCCT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
My Father is an ISTP as well.
My Mother is ESFJ.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't remember what my father got when I asked him to take the same test as me, but acording to wikipedia, it's the same type as Mother Teresa's, which actually made a lot of sense, to me.
I had pictured maybe INTP like me or; I don't know, but then it suddenly all made sense when I saw that; He is such a great father.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have a friend whose ESTP and his father is an INTJ. Both him and his sister idolize their dad!