User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

You are likely to suffer from ptsd after trying to get them to open up
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee
    Likes magpie, 1487610420 liked this post

MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Those are definitely true for me, especially the second one. I am not very good at considering others' feelings. I'm the type who likes to casually poke fun at my friends the same way ESTx types do, because I perceive it as a sign of closeness. Some people do not see it that way at all.

I'm not sure if this is an ISFP thing or just an Fi thing, but I have some issues with identity. I was always changing my "style" when I was younger, which meant changing the way I expressed myself outwardly (through drastically different outfits, different types of social media posts, etc.) I have done it so much that most people can no longer figure out what I like, or what I'm about :P

Oh, and sometimes I go into what I think is Fi-Ni, and I worry about the future and things I can't prevent. It definitely sounds like an ISFP issue.
    Previous username: EliaBlack
    Likes Fun in the Sun liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Are ISFPs good at finding your way or is it easy to get lost?
    Also, how much do you use your imagination? Is it variable, do you focus on what is in the moment, or are you imaginative overall?
    bunny omi

best isfp is distant isfp
    Likes magpie liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    Are ISFPs good at finding your way or is it easy to get lost?
    Disclaimer: I don't drive so my answer my not be useful.

I can't read maps. I get lost very easily, but the caveat is that I'm usually able to reorient myself instinctually at some point. I never know which subway train to get on though, so I'll often just jump onto the train I think is right, ask people where it's going, and then jump back off really quickly if it's the wrong one. If I'm in a new city, the best thing I can do is just take a very long walk not going anywhere in particular while paying attention to my surroundings, and then somehow find my way back. I prefer to do this over researching where stuff is because after I've done it, I consider myself familiar with the area I've walked. I do look up directions though if I need to get somewhere I haven't been before in a timeframe, like to a class, because it's more practical.

Also, how much do you use your imagination? Is it variable, do you focus on what is in the moment, or are you imaginative overall?
    I sometimes focus on what's in the moment but I'm often in my head. It switches back and forth. The more that's on my mind, the more I feel the need to process it and the more I think about it. I actually prefer being in the moment, it feels very free. If I'm out and about or interacting with people, I'm usually in the moment, or want to be in the moment. If I'm by myself at home I'm completely inside my own head. I don't feel like I lack imagination when I'm in the moment. The moment is full of jumping off points for things to imagine now or later.

I use my imagination to process my thoughts and emotions, to imagine scenarios, to connect to all types of art, to explore other people's points of view, to think about political and moral situations, and probably other things I can't think of right now.
    Likes Ravenetta, Xann, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't drive so my answer my not be useful.

I can't read maps. I get lost very easily, but the caveat is that I'm usually able to reorient myself instinctually at some point. I never know which subway train to get on though, so I'll often just jump onto the train I think is right, ask people where it's going, and then jump back off really quickly if it's the wrong one. If I'm in a new city, the best thing I can do is just take a very long walk not going anywhere in particular while paying attention to my surroundings, and then somehow find my way back. I prefer to do this over researching where stuff is because after I've done it, I consider myself familiar with the area I've walked. I do look up directions though if I need to get somewhere I haven't been before in a timeframe, like to a class, because it's more practical.

I sometimes focus on what's in the moment but I'm often in my head. It switches back and forth. The more that's on my mind, the more I feel the need to process it and the more I think about it. I actually prefer being in the moment, it feels very free. If I'm out and about or interacting with people, I'm usually in the moment, or want to be in the moment. If I'm by myself at home I'm completely inside my own head. I don't feel like I lack imagination when I'm in the moment. The moment is full of jumping off points for things to imagine now or later.

I use my imagination to process my thoughts and emotions, to imagine scenarios, to connect to all types of art, to explore other people's points of view, to think about political and moral situations, and probably other things I can't think of right now.
    I'd like to type as an ISFP, but I don't know if I'll mess up the category too much. I don't want to start making declarations about "being ISFP" if I'm going to give the wrong impression. I think it is plausible that I use the functional pairs of Fi-Se and Ni-Te, with the lower pairing stronger than is typical for ISFP. I've started to think that the dom-tert loop version of each type might fundamentally alter the nature of the type.

I'd try out the INTJ typing, but if you see my video I don't honestly think I can claim to be a T because of the expressive nature of my communication, values, inner world, and the way I create and spend my time. I can think and write in a T-ish way at times, but it's too much of a stretch to claim it as a type. I do have a natural connection with the majority of INTJs in debate. I often feel when reading their posts, "THANK YOU! You just said the truth accurately, distilled, and spot on."
    bunny omi

Likes magpie, Peter Deadpan liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

I'd like to type as an ISFP, but I don't know if I'll mess up the category too much. I don't want to start making declarations about "being ISFP" if I'm going to give the wrong impression. I think it is plausible that I use the functional pairs of Fi-Se and Ni-Te, with the lower pairing stronger than is typical for ISFP. I've started to think that the dom-tert loop version of each type might fundamentally alter the nature of the type.

I'd try out the INTJ typing, but if you see my video I don't honestly think I can claim to be a T because of the expressive nature of my communication, values, inner world, and the way I create and spend my time. I can think and write in a T-ish way at times, but it's too much of a stretch to claim it as a type. I do have a natural connection with the majority of INTJs in debate. I often feel when reading their posts, "THANK YOU! You just said the truth accurately, distilled, and spot on."
    It's okay, type what you want. This thread might be useful for you: Challenging Stereotypes - Se in service of Fi I think I've alreasy messed up the ISFP category plently, lol.

If it matters, I see you as INFJ more than anything else, but that's just my opinion.
    Likes Ravenetta, Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    It's okay, type what you want. This thread might be useful for you: Challenging Stereotypes - Se in service of Fi I think I've alreasy messed up the ISFP category plently, lol.

If it matters, I see you as INFJ more than anything else, but that's just my opinion.
    After reading Jung's descriptions of Fe, I realized that I don't use that function very much. In the past I typed as INFJ, but it was because I had created my own idea about what Fe is which was completely different from Jung's. I've also always tested on the border of P/J, and the first time I took MBTI test I was 16 and I tested as INFX.

Edit: The entire issue of group dynamics and categories of people is alien to me. I also have no external system of values in that I don't belong to any established religion, I don't feel much connection to culture. Some of my values and morals are not aligned with social norms at all, but are based on the plausible truth of the internal motivations of others. The reality of my life defies most social norms and expectations, so in those ways I'm not borderline, but rather far to one extreme based on the average person in society.
    bunny omi

Likes magpie liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

I added the edit after the like fwiw

What Fe do you see in me? Can you describe it?
    bunny omi

Why