• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP's Overactive Fe X(

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
My overactive Fe is ruining my life. I grew up with strong Fe's during my childhood, and now my Fe is very well developed, and not in a good way. I base too many decisions off of emotion. My tempter is something to behold. I get butthurt and offended way too easily, which triggers my temper and my Ti-Ni loops. How do I control myself and go back to normal? I don't want to cut Fe completely out of my psyche (illogical decision) but how can I use it to my advantage and control it?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Adrenaline generated from emotions works well with sports and high risk stunts, but not so well if vented on the environment.

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Adrenaline generated from emotions works well with sports and high risk stunts, but not so well if vented on the environment.

is there an alternative to jumping out of airplanes and playing hockey to alleviate my problem?

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
is there an alternative to jumping out of airplanes and playing hockey to alleviate my problem?

Your problem?

To my opinion it's inevitable to integrate Fe.

As I understand it Fe is sensitive and Fe doms spend a lot of time worrying about others and getting embarrassed and preparing to avoid that, thinking how others view them, etc.

I personally am using Te to help me make sense of Fe (I look at things from a Te perspective and this kind of helps reconcile Ti and Fe. Otherwise Ti is not happy with the "stupid, weak" Fe. Ti understand the Te perspective easier I guess).

Hope this is useful.

KDude

I have a harder time know when/who to care about, but I don't think it's in me to care about everyone. I think any TP would be lying if they said they weren't sensitive at all, but it'd be weird if it was a constant. If you mean anger specifically, that's not necessarily Fe. Are people just being stupid? It'd be natural to get pissed sometimes. If it's just about their general opinions, then.. Just respect your own thoughts. You don't have to jump out of a plane to find your ground. Just step back for a second and settle yourself in what you know.

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm too oversensitive, and I dunno how that happened considering I'm an ISTP. I wanna make it go away :irked:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sounds like you are being reactionary instead of emotional. If you are an ISTP and a CP 6 Enneagram, this could make a lot of sense.

Ask yourself if you are thoughtfully considering how you/others feel about a situation (Fe) or are you not thinking at all and acting out emotionally based on overwhelming feelings of frustration/anger?

Cold Roses

It sounds like you are being reactionary instead of emotional. If you are an ISTP and a CP 6 Enneagram, this could make a lot of sense.

Ask yourself if you are thoughtfully considering how you/others feel about a situation (Fe) or are you not thinking at all and acting out emotionally based on overwhelming feelings of frustration/anger?

This gives me pause. I'm over here in SP land trying to get a feel for what the hell is really going on with me. NF is going to get some of my attention as well-but it made me consider if I have been called reactionary over emotional in situations where I have erupted. Reactionary was more frequently used again me. Hmm.

KDude

This gives me pause. I'm over here in SP land trying to get a feel for what the hell is really going on with me. NF is going to get some of my attention as well-but it made me consider if I have been called reactionary over emotional in situations where I have erupted. Reactionary was more frequently used again me. Hmm.

If it was mostly reactionary, I wouldn't suggest a strong Fe type then. They take more initiative with it.. it's a creative function to them.

Cold Roses

For the past two days I have been highly considering the possibility that I am an ISTP with a high Ni. There were elements of INTJ that didn't sit right. Particularly the fact that I have a higher Ti than Te, though it is close. Ti being the highest function. I do have a high Ni, though. Balls. My Fe is pretty atrocious, if you go by the cognitive tests. Fi is higher. I do feel like I have weird Fe flashes, but I don't know what the hell to do with them. I really don't. I'm not comfortable.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an ITP so Fe is my 4th function but I never use it. I would think the over reactive part may be more of an impulsive Se/SP tendency.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am an ITP so Fe is my 4th function but I never use it. I would think the over reactive part may be more of an impulsive Se/SP tendency.

This is what I think and part of the reason why I started thinking I have Se. I am reactive and responsive very quickly, and have impulsive outbursts of emotion. Fe and Fi aren't "emotion" they are ethics/morals ...rational functions. While my Fi value system/judgements may be rooted sometimes in what *causes* me to become emotional, I believe reactivity and expressiveness actually come from Se.

While an ISTP has Fe as a fourth function, they can still have impulsive outbursts of anger or other emotion (it's actually an ISTP stereotype), with which one in particular I notice he tends to show physically a lot. I think that's his Se. His Fe is something else.