• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP's running out of energy?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

sometimes not easy to translate german to english. what this means is that the sentiment 'i am bored' often is made by very egocentrical or egoistical people. cause it, when said often by those people, implies that someone wants the other people to entertain him and that is egocentrical. therefore you say that 'saying you are bored' basically is done by people who are arrogant cause in fact there are so many exiciting things to do on the world that you should never be bored.

Its more a form of politeness tho cause of course everyone is bored once in a while.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Interesting. I used to yell "I'm bored" at my mom sometimes when I know there is nothing on this earth that she can do to make things more interesting. It was a sort of ***hole joke.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sometimes not easy to translate german to english. what this means is that the sentiment 'i am bored' often is made by very egocentrical or egoistical people. cause it, when said often by those people, implies that someone wants the other people to entertain him and that is egocentrical. therefore you say that 'saying you are bored' basically is done by people who are arrogant cause in fact there are so many exiciting things to do on the world that you should never be bored.

Its more a form of politeness tho cause of course everyone is bored once in a while.

The reason I get bored is because of the dogmatic societal systems programming the stupid masses into mindless marching minions of this retarted idea of social order. I get bored when these regulations are imposed upon me. Life becomes fun when we rebel against these rigid heirarchies and institutions. So yes, I get bored because I am arrogant enough to think I am above such nonsense.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think that what [MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] is saying is that if you do things right you can avoid boredom no matter what... there's always new things to learn, new people to question, no ideas to explore and even older ideas to revisit and alter... there's always something to play with and explore, and if you think that you're above that sort of thing it is a form of arrogance in a way :)

I really can't understand how someone could get bored when the internet and the rest of the world exists :thinking:

KDude

I really can't understand how someone could get bored when the internet and the rest of the world exists :thinking:

Yeah, I don't get bored easily either. I do get bored with a lot of group settings and certain types of people (depending on what they talk about), but I can always find something on my own. In a way, I kind of admire ESTPs for being able to "play along" more with just about anything, until a better option comes along. I can't sustain it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I don't get bored easily either. I do get bored with a lot of group settings and certain types of people (depending on what they talk about), but I can always find something on my own. In a way, I kind of admire ESTPs for being able to "play along" more with just about anything, until a better option comes along. I can't sustain it.

situations where other people are talking too much involve me smiling and nodding while wandering off completely mentally... appear to be there but be millions of miles away... and hope they don't ask any questions that involve too many words :ninja:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The reason I get bored is because of the dogmatic societal systems programming the stupid masses into mindless marching minions of this retarted idea of social order. I get bored when these regulations are imposed upon me. Life becomes fun when we rebel against these rigid heirarchies and institutions. So yes, I get bored because I am arrogant enough to think I am above such nonsense.

Strictly speaking you are part of the nonsense. The problem aint never the systems, the problem are always the people who invented them. You can decide where to go from here, but I can tell you so much: radical rebellion will not make you yourself happy. Rather more and more angry.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
If I wanted to I could stay indoors by myself for about a week and talk to no one, but I usually get really bored of that and have to at least skype or call someone on the phone eventually.
Everyone needs someone to talk to. You could be an extrovert though, I dunno. Do you talk or listen more?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I talk more unless they have something fascinating to tell me.

also, random fact, I have a photo of me in EXACTLY the same pose as your avatar.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I wanted to I could stay indoors by myself for about a week and talk to no one, but I usually get really bored of that and have to at least skype or call someone on the phone eventually.

Introvert.

I can't even stay indoors for 3 hours without going stir crazy.

Talking/skyping doesn't help either. I need to be out doing stuff. People to bounce ideas and do things with enhance the day, but I need to accomplish something in the outer world every day - or at least do something adventurous.

And I'm only moderately extroverted.