• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] How is it possible to be an enneagram 5 ISFP?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
In the spirit of the similar INTJ thread.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If you pu your heart & mind to it, you can do anything you set your mind to :wink:

Good luck

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
*facepalm*

I was hoping for an answer regarding how the two types would possibly work together. Thanks though.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why not enneagram 5 ISFP?

2ch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
You do realize that it does not have any correlation with the personality type, right?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yes, I do. I also have observed that it's not a typical combination by any means so I was curious to see if anyone would have any useful information about said combination.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Indeed ISFP 5 isn't typical. At the same time it doesn't seem totally atypical like ISFP 8 (or ISFP 1, to a lesser extent). ISFP 5s seem to be prone to mistyping as ISTPs, a 1-letter difference.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you can have any enneagram type with any MBTI type. Some are just far more common than others.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I personally think OP is a 6. Type 6 and ISFP is fairly common, especially with guys I've found.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am ISTP 5w6. It's not that weird for SP to be investigative. After all, Ps so like gathering information lol.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know, an ISFP 5 would probably seem ISTP-ish.

But the stereotypical ISFP is a 9, and if we follow Jung rather than stereotypes, an ISFP can be as voltile as me or Eminem given the right conditions, because of Fi ethics and Se spurts of rage. These would be your counterphobic E6 ISFPs.

I think that an ISFP 5 would be very very rare, but not as seemingly impossible as ISFP 8.

I'm pondering what an ISFP 5 would act like. Show yourselves.

blue_pen

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
5w4
Test results type me as ISFP, enneagram 5w4. I dont like the description of the ISFP, But I seem to fit the description. I have intense internal emotions constantly, that affect my decisions. I "drink in" sensory input as is, and act on impulse or don't act at all. I actively seek for more and MORE input to get a full picture (for example I drive to sightsee, car watch, and building watch waiting for the feeling to strike to move on, and then go to a private place to just let all of the information stew and get to some kind of intuitive conclusion). I do a lot of contemplating that looks more like relaxing motionless -often with eyes closed- for long periods of time waiting for Introverted intuition to bear fruit. Im very sensitive to criticism, and mainly care about how I feel not how others feel, though since I suffer so much I dont want to inflict the pain I experience on anyone else, so im kind, respectful and as considerate as I can remember to be, always.

I Also have a hard time expressing myself verbally, which is a huge issue. This fits with Te being the bottom function. I constantly try to read and listen to conversation to try and memorize the lines so that I can speak fluently. I also practice reading out loud. Its rough XD I can be very sweet and spontaneous, but when stressed become aloof, cold, serious, judegemental and bossy.

It all seems to fit, no?

blue_pen

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know, an ISFP 5 would probably seem ISTP-ish.

But the stereotypical ISFP is a 9, and if we follow Jung rather than stereotypes, an ISFP can be as voltile as me or Eminem given the right conditions, because of Fi ethics and Se spurts of rage. These would be your counterphobic E6 ISFPs.

I think that an ISFP 5 would be very very rare, but not as seemingly impossible as ISFP 8.

I'm pondering what an ISFP 5 would act like. Show yourselves.

How could an ISFP get all eminem on someone when they can barely communicate effectively?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram 5 has an unusually strong correlation with MBTI types.

I think that if you're not an IxTx and type as an 5w6, you are mistyped in one of the systems (probably Enneagram). A Feeler who identifies as a 5w6 is almost certainly a mistyped p6w5. 5w4 by contrast occurs occasionally for male Feelers, especially INFJs.

Aaron88

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
5w4
ISFP 5w4 here.

My percentages come out either slightly more "T" or slightly more "F," depending on the day. But more or less pretty straight down the line. I'm pretty positive I'm an ISFP though.

It feels like I'm an ISTP living in an ISFP body.. if that makes any sense lol

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
ISFP 5 here. Balanced wings. I tried so hard to make myself identify with 5w4 or 4w5 but I just can't. I don't relate to 4 at all. I'm not great at differentiating between Ti and Fi though, so it's possible I'm ISTP, but unlikely.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You do realize that it does not have any correlation with the personality type, right?

Do you have info that says this is true? Curious.

Not saying it is out of the realm of possibility but I also see some strange typings being more mistype of mbti and/or enneagram. Mainly with type 6.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Do you have info that says this is true? Curious.

Not saying it is out of the realm of possibility but I also see some strange typings being more mistype of mbti and/or enneagram. Mainly with type 6.

Yeah, it has a correlation, it's just not a 1:1 correlation. So you can be, for example, an ExTx 4, it's just not a highly correlated pairing. Whereas for example IxTx 5 or 6 is very highly correlated.