• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] ESFP?

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I've seen our type mentioned here, but havent seen one yet

Come forward, I know you're out there!

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESxx is rare on the internet to begin with, and ESFP may be the least abundant on the internet of all the types (at least here they're rare). Many ESFPs might not even believe in this stuff.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, the stereotypical ESFP doesn't have time for the internet it seems. I have one friend who is an ESFP and she's definitely not into forums... Surprisingly, she's not even that big on using Facebook. I have maybe seen two or three ESFPs on forums before.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
My extroversion is mildly expressed. But i think internet socilising is just as well, I meet so many awesome people on it. And I gotta bf over it, who i'm meeting this summer. So the internet is amazing to me :)

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you can hang around and answer a few ESFP-related questions, I'm sure the rest of us would be pleased.

Right now I seem to carry this stereotypical view of ESFPs: overly-optimistic, only-in-the-moment partygoers who can't seem to commit to anything long-term nor want to learn anything even remotely theoretical (especially if the S preference is strong). Surely there's something against this stereotype.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
If you can hang around and answer a few ESFP-related questions, I'm sure the rest of us would be pleased.

Right now I seem to carry this stereotypical view of ESFPs: overly-optimistic, only-in-the-moment partygoers who can't seem to commit to anything long-term nor want to learn anything even remotely theoretical (especially if the S preference is strong). Surely there's something against this stereotype.

Hmm I'm good with theoretical stuff, I just choose to ignore it sometimes (rather foolishly). I am over optimistic, I am in the moment, my extroversion is mildly expressed, I'm fine in large groups, but I wont go to a party unless it's easy to get there. xD. But yeah, that stereotype isnt fully true for all of us.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Especially for those with well-developed Te and Ni.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
long-term nor want to learn anything even remotely theoretical (especially if the S preference is strong).

Must be why I do okay with UNDERSTANDING theoretical things (understanding being operative, see, I capitalized it) My S preference is soo slight that one time i retook the test for fun and got ENFP. I went back to double check a couple things and I'd answered two wrong, and I fixed them and it showed ESFP. So my sensing preference is very slight.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

What a flashback to my early-20s! Wednesday - Saturday you could find me barhopping. I don't think I ever committed to any plans in advance. :blink:

I do kind of miss being more extroverted... :(

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
On teh Keirsey forum tehy tink I'm a Performer (expressive, not extroverted, apparently Keirsey doesn't even believe in extroversion in the MBTI sense as a definition of personality).

Composers compare themselves to me, citing how I basically type as though I was talking without thinking first.

I also seem to suffer from Ni inferior neuroticism, per Jung.

Problem being I think I have more Ni than it being my inferior, I can't figure out for the life of me why I'd think I was an N, and also....the PTypes Exuberant personality (roughly ISFP) sounds EXACTLY like me.

So you can use me as an example, if you feel like it.

Frankly I think there are a ton of people who think they're ENFPs on teh Intertardz who are really ESFP. Like there's this self-typed ENFP on another site who tells me that she feels very similar to me, and she noted yesterday how much she loves wrestling with people and even being punched.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ESxx is rare on the internet to begin with, and ESFP may be the least abundant on the internet of all the types.

Totally false. Just because someone doesn't spend time on forums (especially forums about theory) doesn't mean they don't use the internet. Every ESFP I know uses the internet daily. And certainly plenty of other ES types as well do.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't believe the ignorance of someone saying ESxx types aren't on line. I met my ESFJ ex on line and he likes underground horror forums and socializes and trades rare films with people. My ESFJ sister loves Facebook and also met a couple of her dates on line, including a long term bf. Most ESxx types use Facebook are you fucking kidding me??

Se doms Henry Miller and Ernest Hemingway spent their days writing novels as well as living life.

There are probably so many ESxP on forums who think they're ENxPs.

Ive seen several ESTPs on other personality sites, just FYI guys.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't believe the ignorance of someone saying ESxx types aren't on line. I met my ESFJ ex on line and he likes underground horror forums and socializes and trades rare films with people. My ESFJ sister loves Facebook and also met a couple of her dates on line, including a long term bf. Most ESxx types use Facebook are you fucking kidding me??

Se doms Henry Miller and Ernest Hemingway spent their days writing novels as well as living life.

Henry Miller is an Se-dom?

There are probably so many ESxP on forums who think they're ENxPs.

Yes.

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Totally false. Just because someone doesn't spend time on forums (especially forums about theory)

With me, it isn't that I don't like or understand theory. I just have trouble using it when I'm doing something important. When I actually do something; I can sometimes come off as a complete idiot.