• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most NF-Like SP Type

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's commonly said that ISTP is the most NT-like of the SPs. Is there a type that seems NF-like to anybody? Maybe ISFP? Just curious. What do you all think?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think esfp. They can seem enfp to me.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on which stereotypes of the types you're starting with.

I'm not trying to use any stereotypes. It was David Keirsey himself who called ISTPs "NT-like."

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then maybe you should ask him. or ask him which stereotypes he uses.

I didn't realize such a simple question would be taken so offensively...

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sorry, freeeekyyy. I'm in a mood today. Sorry to ruin your thread.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably ISFP, mainly because they are actually Feeling dominant, the same reason Ti-dom ISTPs can seem the most "NT-ish". Se-doms embody the SP temperament because the common thread is the preference for Se perceiving.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry, freeeekyyy. I'm in a mood today. Sorry to ruin your thread.

It's fine, no big deal. I was more confused than actually bothered by your responses. I don't mean to create a situation which allows anybody to unfairly box others. It's just meant to improve my own understanding of the types, in particular SPs. Sometimes I learn best with analogies.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely ISFP
- right brained
- idealistic
- dominant Fi
- independent beliefs

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I'd never mistake the isfp females I know for infps. :thinking:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
wolfy and I are so alike, I often mistype myself as kiwi.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably ISFP, mainly because they are actually Feeling dominant, the same reason Ti-dom ISTPs can seem the most "NT-ish". Se-doms embody the SP temperament because the common thread is the preference for Se perceiving.

definitely ISFP
- right brained
- idealistic
- dominant Fi
- independent beliefs

I agree with both these assessments.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP but I don't necessarily think of them as idealistic. They're pretty practical in my experience. But their dominant Fi can be stubborn and without knowing their thinking, Fi can look like a directionless NF action.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
uh, between ISFP and INFP females. Which is prone to be less "bat-schnicky?"

:blush:

shhhh....

:)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The only reason that ISTPs are likened to NTs and ISFPs to NFs are because the key differentiators between the two temperaments are the leading functions for the ISxPs.

ESTP I'd consider the closest to the SJ temperament (though not in my case. I'm essentially the opposite of an SJ). ESFPs are just...pure SP. They're the SP of the SPs.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
The only reason that ISTPs are likened to NTs and ISFPs to NFs are because the key differentiators between the two temperaments are the leading functions for the ISxPs.

ESTP I'd consider the closest to the SJ temperament (though not in my case. I'm essentially the opposite of an SJ). ESFPs are just...pure SP. They're the SP of the SPs.

Wouldn't that be ESXP? I find ESFPs and ESTPS are both Se doms with a different flavor to them.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting observations, everybody. Most of you seem to be in agreement that ISFPs have the most "NF-like" outward appearance, and that's basically in line with what I thought.